[ARCHIVED] SCS General Discussion Thread

SilvaTrucker

Re: SCS Blog discussion

#10901 Post by SilvaTrucker » 19 May 2017 16:04

Shirblackspots, that's a great research! ;)
Wolfpig

#10902 Post by Wolfpig » 19 May 2017 16:33

Moh1336 wrote:People still use winamp? :o
Thought winamp was discontinued a few years back....
But hey, there are still people out there who use Win XP...on their private PCs....so dont wonder about such stuff
San_Sany4 wrote:I rarely listen to the music while I'm playing, but when I do, I use Steam Music Player. It uses less system resources than any other player I tested, including ETS2/ATS in-game player. If I want to listen to the stream game can't play, I use VLC, it's somewhat heavy, but powerful.

Ever tried foobar?

@blogpost. Nice pics, cant wait for the release of it....as it would be a reason to play ats again....^^
Blackspots

#10903 Post by Blackspots » 19 May 2017 16:37

You know, I don't get it. Why are there people thinking that because AZ was released for free, all the other states will be free too, and that the heavy cargo/doubles will be the only paid DLC?
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
xXCARL1992Xx

#10904 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 19 May 2017 16:41

because peasants

the best game is a game where you dont pay a cent for the game and all DLCs

Arizona was free because you bought it with ATS

Heavy Cargo is a DLC because of new features and new Models

the doubles will even be a free update

but no you cant make it right as a developer
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
BlackBloodRum

#10905 Post by BlackBloodRum » 19 May 2017 19:29

San_Sany4 wrote:I rarely listen to the music while I'm playing, but when I do, I use Steam Music Player. It uses less system resources than any other player I tested, including ETS2/ATS in-game player. If I want to listen to the stream game can't play, I use VLC, it's somewhat heavy, but powerful.
Kidding right? media player use practically no resources :lol:

Here's my system resources, running a media player while playing the game, as you can see the media player is not even visible in the most used resources, heck my torrent virtual machine is more noticeable than a music player :lol:

http://imgur.com/7uyNZGX
Open Modder - Making mods for the fun of modding, without locking them or trying to make a profit. The way modding should be.

World of Trucks | Screenshots | ATS Mods | ETS2 Mods | Gitlab Repositories
Wolfpig

#10906 Post by Wolfpig » 19 May 2017 20:19

ShirBlackspots wrote:You know, I don't get it. Why are there people thinking that because AZ was released for free, all the other states will be free too, and that the heavy cargo/doubles will be the only paid DLC?

The few hours back i read your post....i did not saw anyone in here or the blogpost who wrote something like that it will be free?
Centrino2

#10907 Post by Centrino2 » 19 May 2017 20:36

Thank you ShirBlackspots.

Only issue I see so far with these new rest areas/truck stops is........ the fuel island spacing, they made it too wide: https://www.google.com/maps/@32.2396706 ... 312!8i6656

With SCS's fuel islands it looks like there is a spot for 5 trucks, with the actual fuel island, looks like there are spots for 9-10 trucks. And both versions almost seem to be the same size...... hmmm ya know what..... I think SCS's is bigger by quite a few feet.

They made them fuel island nice and tight in Euro Duck Simulator France Duck Lunch Combo..... and I mean really tight..... so why not with American Turkey Sandwich?
....(by the way just how accurate are the France Duck Lunch Combo truck stops/Rest areas anyway? Mainly thinking about the fuel islands)

If it is for dem wide loads..... for the record, the player should've known wide loads would be a pain even at truck stops... but that doesn't mean that they can't detach it and go fuel up just as real ones would.

And as for the massive heavy haul trailers there tends to be a special spot for those heavy haul truckers to park at truck stops (depending on the truck stop... maybe), can't tell if there is by the images provided.

But overall this is almost totally spot on, me gusta mucho.

By the way, really enjoying the France Duck Lunch Combo, now I don't even feel like I can go back to the Scandinavian Duck Lunch Combo (can't think of another way to say DLC), and also because I don't want to travel back through Germany... way too bland... same for the rest of Euro Duck Simulator, I even think that the Going East Duck Lunch Combo needs a overhaul.
canuckster

#10908 Post by canuckster » 19 May 2017 21:03

CARL1992 wrote:because peasants

the best game is a game where you dont pay a cent for the game and all DLCs

Arizona was free because you bought it with ATS

Heavy Cargo is a DLC because of new features and new Models

the doubles will even be a free update

but no you cant make it right as a developer
Are you serious right now? I guess you thought 5 Euros was too much for heavy cargo as well? AFAIC we all got a great deal, I was quite shocked actually that they only charged 5 euros for it, especially since they released it on sale.

Whatever, I'll be paying the up front price.
A Lannister always pays his debts.
Pining to drive the Trans-Canada Highway... some eventual beautiful day.
xXCARL1992Xx

#10909 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 19 May 2017 21:11

lol

i mean the guys who complain about everything that is paid

i have bought the DLC like the game and the Map DLCs, Schwarzmüller was a win same with the Mighty Griffon by SCS,

so no i dont mean that SCS is greedy, i mean the guys who complain about paid DLCs are plain dumb and dont know that SCS has to finance the team to keep continuing
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Andy_GTI

#10910 Post by Andy_GTI » 19 May 2017 21:24

Looks great, I just hope they slow the time compression to the slower inner city rate - i find myself using over 30 minutes of driving time in the new French rest areas and even toll prefabs.

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”