American internet radios - links to streams

ohaha

Re: American internet radios - links to streams

#12 Post by ohaha » 12 Nov 2013 17:23

1. Are these American?
2. Those links are for Internet pages.. we would need the direct stream link, to be played by the game's built in radio.
Retired, but still loving it.
Axel Slingerland

#13 Post by Axel Slingerland » 12 Nov 2013 19:15

fphillipsnoriega wrote:This took a lot of work on your part. I've trashed my day trying to find audio links that are not tied to specific applications. Thanks.
It wasn't that hard, actually. I used to use those links in an online MP3 player I had on my website a few years ago. So basically all I had to do was a little cut and pasting to replace the code from those links to change them into links for the game.

Just so you know though, here's a step by step rundown of what I did to get the links without using any podcast software...

1. Go to The Weather Channel's Podcast Page. You will see the links for each city, each one with a blue MP3 button and an orange POD button. What you need is the link to the .mp3 that is embedded into the blue MP3 button.

2. Hover your mouse cursor over the page, right-click and chose "View Page Source", then search for .mp3.

3. Once you find the correct line of code for the first city on the list, which is Atlanta, Georgia, copy the link itself, not the entire line of code it is embedded into. The line looks like this:

Code: Select all

<A href="#" onclick="return mapWindowOpen('http://i.imwx.com/common/podcasts/atlanta.mp3?from=podcast_index','mp3National','width=400,height=300,nostatus');">
But all you need is just this part of it:

Code: Select all

http://i.imwx.com/common/podcasts/atlanta.mp3
So for the game you would replace this:
<A href="#" onclick="return mapWindowOpen('

With:
stream_data[]: "

And this:
?from=podcast_index','mp3National','width=400,height=300,nostatus');">

With this:
|The Weather Channel - Atlanta, GA 5-Day Forecast"

Then once you have one link ready to use, it's a simple matter of making all the necessary copies (in this case there were 22 of them) and changing the city names as needed to make each link. The entire process took me about 15 or 20 minutes, including testing the links in the game to make sure they worked properly.

This method should work for almost any website that has .mp3 based podcasts where the the file names are always the same. If they change they can't be used since it wouldn't be very practical to have to rebuild your tracklist every time you want to play the game.

By the way, those TWC forecasts are updated three times a day. I forgot to mention that in my previous post.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Flemming V
Global moderator

#14 Post by Flemming V » 16 Nov 2013 11:08

It is almost impossible to find a stream (working is ETS) to US radio stations, which they allow us to hear here in europe.
I have not yet found any radio stations other than classic and news and weather.
Ordinary (As I would call them), those with pop and rock music as we know them, has blocked for everyone outside US.
Cadde

#15 Post by Cadde » 16 Nov 2013 11:42

Media Mafia want their money... Twice! (And then some)
Last edited by Cadde on 16 Nov 2013 13:58, edited 1 time in total.
On extended hiatus.
ohaha

#16 Post by ohaha » 16 Nov 2013 13:29

Cadde wrote:Media Mafia want's their money... Twice! (And then some)
want's?
Retired, but still loving it.
Cadde

#17 Post by Cadde » 16 Nov 2013 13:59

On extended hiatus.
Axel Slingerland

#18 Post by Axel Slingerland » 17 Nov 2013 07:12

I have 100's of CD's, so I just find something I want to listen to, rip the tracks into MP3 files and put them into the playlist for WinAmp 2.95 with DFX 6. I think it's better to play your tunes in an regular MP3 player rather than the in-game player, because I get better performance that way. Plus my MP3 player has better sound, since it has an equalizer, etc., where as the game's player doesn't.
[ external image ]

SiSL
SCS Software

#19 Post by SiSL » 17 Nov 2013 10:42

May be SCS can give us ability to play AAC radio streams , which is popular amongst internet radios lately... If AIMP can do it, SCS can do it :)

Hard to find MP3/MMS streams lately...
Axel Slingerland

#20 Post by Axel Slingerland » 17 Nov 2013 17:13

That's why I said what I did in my last post. I am not that big on what's on the radio now days anyway, so making my own playlist is the only way to fly for me. But as I said, if you play your tunes in your own player, it's doesn't effect the game as much. The in-game player causes the game to stutter on my system, where as using WinAmp does not. So by doing that, my game is smoother and my tunes have a better sound quality that doesn't sound like it's coming out of a crushed Pepsi can. And I can play my tunes in ay format I want, including online streaming. The only downside to it is if you don't make a long enough playlist, you have to exit the game to open a new one. But that isn't that big of a deal since the game loads quickly.
[ external image ]

Return to “American Truck Simulator”