Virtual Speditor Program - Job scheduler program (Upd. 24.10.2023)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
ThunderSky

Re: Virtual Speditor Program - Job scheduler program

#321 Post by ThunderSky » 16 Apr 2017 08:33

The game crash when i try to load this travel: Bergen(polarfish) -> Paris(tradeaux)
Uppsala -> Rotterdam

[ external image ]

It crash with all scandinavia citys?
erscal

#322 Post by erscal » 16 Apr 2017 09:33

Uh, I see quicksave on the path......

This is my little workflow that I use everytime, and never had a problem with it:

1) save the game manually from the menu screen
2) switch to VS and select the just done savegame (usually it's in the /1 path unless you have more than one manual save), no need to close ETS2
3) build your job(s) in VS,then save file and close VS
4) back in game, load the previous savegame (at this point, it's already modified by VS)
5) open job market and enjoy :)

I stay away from quicksaves and/or autosaves, the chance to find a bug and render them unusable are always there and you may end up with a useless profile.
Hope this helps :)

-----------------------------------
I see Thunder is italian, so I retype everything in italian now.
-----------------------------------
VERSIONE IN ITALIANO

Vedo che usi il quicksave.....

Ti scrivo qui sotto la procedura che io uso e che non mi ha mai dato problemi:

1) fai un salvataggio manuale, dalla schermata dei menu
2) passa a VS e seleziona questo salvataggio (di solito e' nel path che finisce con /1 a meno che non hai piu' di un salvataggio manuale), non c'e' bisogno che chiudi ETS2
3) costruisci i tuoi jobs in VS, poi salva il file e chiudilo
4) tornato al gioco, carica questo salvataggio che a questo punto e' gia' stato modificato da VS
5) vai nel job market e divertiti :)

Io mi tengo lontano dai quicksave e/o autosave, c'e' sempre la possibilita' di trovare un bug danneggiando il salvataggio e rendendo un profilo completamente inutile e irrecuperabile.
Spero sia stato di aiuto :)
ThunderSky

#323 Post by ThunderSky » 16 Apr 2017 10:37

ITA
Mah, il fatto strano è che funziona con tutte le città base, quelle della scandinavia, invece, no. Non ho ancora provato con le altre DLC (Going East e Francia).
Comunque, il salvataggio è sempre quello, se lo fai con autosave, quicksave o salvataggio normale, sono sempre gli stessi file che vengono salvati.
Hai già provato col tuo metodo a prendere un carico da bergen o uppsala come ho fatto io?

ENG
VS is working fine with base city's but i don't know why with scandinavia citys, no. I tried only Bergen and Uppsala, I didn't tried the others city's and dlc.
Howeve, the save is the same i think, autosave, quicksave or manual save. The file that are saved are the same.

Have you tried your method with DLC Citys?
xyzan

#324 Post by xyzan » 16 Apr 2017 11:20

When your game crashes? When you pick up cargo or it is enough to load game? I will check your route later... I have very limited access to my computer during Easter.
However i've added route to bergen recently and game loaded normaly.
Thunder, you can send me game.sii file, then I can check if speditor caused issues on that particular route.
ThunderSky

#325 Post by ThunderSky » 16 Apr 2017 15:14

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: I just tried to create from Nice to Strasbourg and it crash again, seems like isn't working with DLC city's.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The game crash when i try to load the savegame.
This's the game.sii download

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
erscal

#326 Post by erscal » 16 Apr 2017 17:41

Ok, I can say I have no issues with any DLC at all, I have all three maps additions and even completed the Tourist and Go Nuclear achievements using VS.

If that's your savegame used for the Nice to Strasbourg job, I can't find this job inside, so something is gone bad.

Try using my method as I outlined before, look at this screenshot:

[ external image ]

The "1" folder is where my manual savegame is, I have one single manual savegame so I'm sure it's that; all manual saves are in folders called like this, "1", "2", "3" etc, regardless of the name you used saving them, and you can find that name inside the info.sii file (after decrypt obviously).
As you see, manual saves, quicksaves and autosaves have all different locations.

After the test, tell us what happened.

(I see you're good with English so I'm not adding the Italian text now, but tell me if you need it and I'll edit the post :) ).
xyzan

#327 Post by xyzan » 16 Apr 2017 18:43

@erscal - it is totaly not the case ;) Actually, I recomend using autosave, as it loads just after starting profile. A lot of people adding job to profile 1 (or any other number) and then, loads profile (which loads autosave) and have no job... "Xyzan, Speditor does not work, I have no job I've added" ;)

@Thunder, I've revied your save in search for Bergen - Paris job... It is there, and it is correct... except one think...

"shortest_distance_km: 136800"
as you can see in speditor, distance known by this route is 1368km, so, I suppose you are using Time Multiplier: 100,0 in config to earn more ;)
There is nothing wrong in this setting, except that game seems not to handle such a number of km... I guess there must be limit somewhere... And you went to far with numbers... I will limit it to 5 in next version, so this issue won't happen to other people.

Solution to your problem? Lower your "Time Multiplier:" to 10, or something like this...
ThunderSky

#328 Post by ThunderSky » 17 Apr 2017 13:52

yeah, was the time. I don't know why was crashing with dlc with time x100 but.. nvm, now its working.

But, why the time multiplier allow you to earn more? Isn't just the time increasing?
erscal

#329 Post by erscal » 17 Apr 2017 16:42

Ok, I looked for the example stated in Thunder's post and not the one in the screenshot...my bad.

Plus, my workflow is clearly explained: manual save game, work on VS, reload the manual save (and forget about autosaves).....
It may appear longer, but at least there's a working autosave if something goes wrong, without any need to dig inside the folders to restore a backup :)

Anyway, glad it was solved. Now let's go truckin'!!!! :mrgreen:
xyzan

#330 Post by xyzan » 17 Apr 2017 19:30

@erscal - I totaly understand your flow, however some people cannot understand, that speditor works on save file and require loading... I prefer autosave personally, as i t is more convenient.

@Thunder - There is no such a thing like job time in job market... Job market has only distance, and time multiplier is applied to this value. Longer distance, longer time (but also earnings)... Cannot be done differently.
this is probably steered by "simulation_avg_speed: 62.0 # km/h" from economy_data.sii file... but I'm not sure about that...

Return to “Others”