Virtual Speditor Program - Job scheduler program (Upd. 24.10.2023)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
xyzan

Re: Virtual Speditor Program - Job scheduler program

#311 Post by xyzan » 12 Apr 2017 07:18

xpJohn wrote: PS: I miss 1.2. there's a money glitch that gives you 2 or 3x the payout than the normal job. and its more simple haha. I wish 1.2 can be reconfig or something to make it work on latest version again XD
You can now steer that manualy. In speditor's config.cfg file you have "Time Multiplier: 1,0" change it to Time Multiplier: 2,0 and you will have twice the time. It works in opposite as well, put there 0,5 and you will have half the time/earnings...
Job delivery time is calculated based on distance (by game, cannot be changed), so I'm steering it using distance...

@Harven - job urgency... I think it is possible to add, however I will have to check that. The problem is, that you will have to have proper skills in game, to see that cargo ;) Then, I will have issues - I cannot see my cargo ;)
Harven
Global moderator

#312 Post by Harven » 12 Apr 2017 11:30

Thanks xyzan :)
About the required skills - I think you can read that information from the save file or profile file, right? And then limit what time user can select based on that information. I imagine it is not an easy feature to implement but you can treat it like a challenge ;)

Cheers,
- Harven
xpJohn

#313 Post by xpJohn » 12 Apr 2017 18:43

xyzan wrote: You can now steer that manualy. In speditor's config.cfg file you have "Time Multiplier: 1,0" change it to Time Multiplier: 2,0 and you will have twice the time. It works in opposite as well, put there 0,5 and you will have half the time/earnings...
Job delivery time is calculated based on distance (by game, cannot be changed), so I'm steering it using distance...
What a cool feature. I guess no more late delivery on MP when I connected with a cargo. Thanks for the tip!
Cheers!
xyzan

#314 Post by xyzan » 12 Apr 2017 20:47

erscal wrote: 1) What about showing the distance in the job choice section, to see it before adding the cargo? Even if it's 0 because it can't be found in the database
2) Another addition to the job selection: give the user the possibility to see and eventually change the payment per km, so we don't end up with a 2.000.000 euro payment for a 250 km trip.........(I know why that happened, that's why I'm suggesting this addition); that would need a warning about a possible 0 km distance job
3) Related to #2: if possible, show the overall payment for the selected route/cargo before adding to the job, again with a warning about an eventual 0 km distance job
4) Last suggestion I swear!!! a button to delete just the last job added, instead of the entire list; first, we don't have to retype everything, second the new first job would have a completely different city as start, instead of the actual position the user was at the save time

....and I hope none of these suggestions were already made in the thread, I admit I read it too fast to remember anything......
Sorry for totaly missing your post... There was a lot of stuff happening, and I just skip it...
1) This is doable. It should not be very hard. However, I need to check if it won't lower the performance of program
2) This is not doable. Payment is counted by game based on distance (those from DB). Your level, your skills, cargo type (ADR,worthy,etc) is affecting it, and there are no data for this in save game. Game checks the distance, and calculate rate itself. When distance is unknown (0km) then 3000km is entered, so, you will have enough time to finish your job (in most cases).
3) like 2), not doable.
4) I think this can be done...
Maybe I will implement those in next version.

Thanks for your suggestions though :)
cleber_oro

#315 Post by cleber_oro » 13 Apr 2017 11:42

xyzan wrote:... Game checks the distance, and calculate rate itself. When distance is unknown (0km) then 3000km is entered...
Can you add a field to edit trip distance?
Acting like that: we select the origin and destination so your program show in a field the trip distance. If the value is 0 (or 3000) we can check the approximate distance in ets2 map and correct manually.
What do you think, is possible?
xyzan

#316 Post by xyzan » 13 Apr 2017 12:10

I don't think it is a good idea to allow user to enter that data. Especially, that I've heard some people saying, that this interface in 1.8 is not very clear. 1.7 had better... Adding additional fields will make it even more complicated
erscal

#317 Post by erscal » 13 Apr 2017 18:38

xyzan wrote:Thanks for your suggestions though :)
You're welcome :)

Myself, I don't feel the interface to be confusing at all, on the contrary I see it well done (if the user doesn't understand a field, he just have to leave it alone and everything is good....that's how an interface must work ;) ).
The only little note is the need to manually set the starting company on the first job, I don't know if it's a bug or it's done on purpose...but we can live with it :)

Thank you xyzan.

P.S. - And don't worry about not reading my posts, I'm still under moderation and it appeared way later than the following ones so I can see why you missed it 8-)
Koen

#318 Post by Koen » 13 Apr 2017 23:29

Great project! I saw that you included a country dictionary as well. In case you want to expand it, I've generated quite a few JSON files for map mods, containing a city > country pair. (As I saw that some countries were missing). Use them if you wish
https://github.com/Koenvh1/ETS2-City-Co ... -Retriever

Keep up the good work ;)
xpJohn

#319 Post by xpJohn » 14 Apr 2017 09:56

Hmmm... what if you can display the cargo weight together with the cargo name itself. I think it's a great addition on your next version. What do you think?
xyzan

#320 Post by xyzan » 14 Apr 2017 15:02

Koen wrote:Great project! I saw that you included a country dictionary as well. In case you want to expand it, I've generated quite a few JSON files for map mods, containing a city > country pair. (As I saw that some countries were missing). Use them if you wish
https://github.com/Koenvh1/ETS2-City-Co ... -Retriever

Keep up the good work ;)
I will take a look at it. However, you can edit the file in speditor. It gives you list of all cities available in your save (if something is missing, it adds it to the dictionary (without country))
You only have to add a country for it.

@xpJohn - I cannot display cargo masses, as they are available only in game definition file (default and mods, and speditor does not have acces to them). They are not available from the save level. So, it cannot be done

Return to “Others”