ATS/ETS2 Local Radio

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
nIGhT-SoN

Re: ETS2/ATS Local Radio

#61 Post by nIGhT-SoN » 03 Mar 2017 12:40

@Koen: What about volume modulation? What I mean, when signal is weak the volume of the radio to go up and down and whitenoise the other way around. When radio lowers volume whitenoise to go louder and so on. :D
Koen

#62 Post by Koen » 04 Mar 2017 10:55

@nIGhT-SoN That already happens, the whitenoise volume increases, and when it's over 50%, the radio volume will start modulating (go up and down randomly), it sometimes goes fully silent even.

Version 1.10.0
In the past, a lot of stations have been submitted, and a lot of them have been rejected, because they didn't broadcast over FM or DAB, or didn't have a large enough coverage.
Still, there are quite a few people who do want to see those stations added, which is why I added the possibility to add your own custom stations.

The following has also been added/changed:
- Support for custom stations
- Quite a few new stations
- Visual feedback when making a station favourite
- Added a "Switch to favourite" key, allowing you to quickly switch to that country's favourite.
- Made the whitenoise volume fluctuation more gradual
- Support for Open Spaces (but don't expect great coverage outside cities, you're in the middle of Russia after all)

https://github.com/Koenvh1/ets2-local-radio
Koen

#63 Post by Koen » 12 Mar 2017 17:22

Version 1.11.0
- Fix stations being overwritten by custom stations
- Added support for web logos in the overlay
- Make "Switch to favourite" key scroll through favourites if favourite is already selected
- Some new stations added

Ways71

#64 Post by Ways71 » 14 Mar 2017 02:12

Is it possible to make ATS local radio compatible with the Coast To Coast and Mexuscan maps?
Koen

#65 Post by Koen » 14 Mar 2017 16:53

@Ways71 If you're willing to add the at least 81 radio stations for Coast to Coast and 71 radio stations for CanaDream, then yes, I will ;)

The problem with radio stations being bound to a city instead of a country (not sure why America did that anyway) is that it is a lot more work to have a sufficient selection of stations for every location. Looking at the amount of cities in Coast to Coast and CanaDream, I don't feel like doing it, but if you do, go for it :)

For some station it takes just a minute or so to add them (easy access to the stream, logo easily available etc..), for some it may take 10 minutes (or even longer, until I give up :P )... Let's say that it takes 3 minutes on average, then that'd mean that adding all those stations would take 456 minutes, or 7.6 hours... And then you just have one station per city.

The default California, Nevada and Arizona just contains 47 cities, and that took me several hours already :) Hence I have that station submission page, so I don't have to do it all :lol:
Koen

#66 Post by Koen » 20 Mar 2017 21:59

Version 1.11.1

I can't pass on version 1.11.1 :lol:

- Added Belarusian
- Support for YKS Turkey
- Misc fixes

It can be found, well, guess where:
Or: https://koenvh.nl/ets2-local-radio
psygon

#67 Post by psygon » 02 Apr 2017 15:58

Hello Koen, can you add a mini player or vlc plugin inside the exe?

The problem why I ask you that is because i use the NoScript plugin and it lock every station who start to play.
Trying to allow the entire page wont help to play every station.
Maybe the builtin player in the exe tool would help me and who have the same blocker plugin in the web browser.
Koen

#68 Post by Koen » 03 Apr 2017 18:08

@psygon You could always a different browser ;) I've considered using VLC, but the CPU usage is too high (30% at times :? ), which of course has a negative impact on the gameplay.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ETS2 Local Radio is available in over 20 languages, and I'm really thankful for that.
However, as I kept developing ETS2 Local Radio, some translations became out of date or incomplete, and because I don't speak 20 languages, I'll need your help updating them.
If you're able to improve an existing translation, or add a language that wasn't previously available, that'd be great!

Now, how can you help?
Please look at https://github.com/Koenvh1/ets2-local-r ... r/web/lang
If your language is already in there, you can check whether it's complete, and whether the translations are correct.
If your language isn't available yet, you can translate it based on the en-GB.json file.
Just send your translation to me in a forum post, via email, as a GitHub issue or as a pull request (if you know how those work :P ), and I'll make sure to include it in the next version :)

Thank you!
Koen

#69 Post by Koen » 28 May 2017 20:20

Yup, a new version. Featuring a new theme (by Chickenbread) and a lot of station updates. :)

-----------

It seems like all non-commercial radio stations in Germany have changed their streaming URL. I will release an update for them shortly ;)
Stuferus

#70 Post by Stuferus » 23 Jun 2017 12:29

does this work with other plugins like the ffb plugin? i dont want to drive with scs ffb ;)

Return to “Others”