Game imrovement suggestions

Marsbonfire

Game imrovement suggestions

#1 Post by Marsbonfire » 11 Jun 2014 15:16

This is the best sim I have found for practicing real life driving. If you can do the exercises and challenges this game presents, you will do well in the real world. One suggestion I would put forth is to include backing into a tight spot at truck stops. In the US, bigger truck stops will have rows and rows of trucks. An intimidating thing for a new driver to do is to back into one of these spots in a row of trucks with another row of trucks in front of you. Many times, there is not a lot of space. The game does include backing exercises between cones, but you can see over cones to your blind side and know how close you are getting to them. In the real world, you cannot see the other side because large trailers are in the way. So my suggestion would be to make a row of trucks with one spot open that you have to back into and have another row of trucks in front of you that limit how far you can pull up. Another more challenging exercise would be going down steep mountain roads in winter. Perhaps even make them icy. Mastering this skill could even save someone's life in the real world. A third suggestion would be to make a 'Truck Driving in New York City' game. Many trucking companies in the US attempt to recruit drivers by stating in their ads 'no NYC'. This is because driving conditions there are so difficult that even seasoned drivers don't want to go there. Heavy congestion, one way roads, tight turns with cars parked on both sides of the street etc. Many of the places you have to deliver to were built during the days when trailers were 40 ft. long. Now you have to squeeze a 53 foot trailer into the same space and it gets further complicated when there are multiple trucks there at the same time. Like the Frank Sinatra song says, if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere. I hope you will give these suggestions serious consideration.
Axel Slingerland

Re: Game imrovement suggestions

#2 Post by Axel Slingerland » 11 Jun 2014 17:16

Drivers may not want to go to NYC, specially midtown Manhattan, but they do. To the tune of Millions of trips into the city every year. This video is a UPS Hub in Hell’s Kitchen, NYC, around Christmas. From what I've heard from friends who drive for UPS it's like this every day. They say it is only slightly busier around holidays. And this, of course, is just one hub that UPS has in NYC, and there are who knows how many other trucking companies whose drivers go into NYC every day.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Earthlings

#3 Post by Earthlings » 17 Jun 2014 23:06

Backing this idea 100%.

Have you tried trucks and trailers? I've beaten the game except for the final bonus level and can do all the levels in good time too. That game, despite using cab overs and shorter than 53 ft trailers, made me a million times better of a real world backer in the US.

Not sure why there are no run of the mill, packed truck stop tight spots in T&T or scania truck driving sim. It would be very cool if they did this. An NYC (or similar European city) would be cool as hell too.
Earthlings

#4 Post by Earthlings » 17 Jun 2014 23:09

Forgot to add..the parking spaces in Trucks and Trailers are way too wide to be tough enough, even on the pro mode. Same thing with the Scania sim. To be honest, I would like the game in general to be more tight and challenging.

Trucks and Trailers 2 would be awesome too, but I doubt it would ever happen considering that it seems to be the least popular game SCS game.

Return to “SCANIA Truck Driving Simulator”