King knock fails on its own accord at Competition-Bonus1

CaptainFlint

King knock fails on its own accord at Competition-Bonus1

#1 Post by CaptainFlint » 24 Jan 2015 12:50

I'm trying to complete all Driver Competitions without penalties and got stuck at Bonus 1 level. Almost always at some random time I get "King knock fails" message, even when I'm nowhere near the pillars. Finally I got a hunch on what the hell is going on, flew out in free cam mode and observed the earlier-knocked pillars. The very first of them happened to be lying differently from how it fell when I knocked it. So I restarted the level and watched closely what's happening. The lying red pillar is vibrating and movilng slowly on the ground. At some time it touches one of the blue pillars and pushes it. And either when the blue pillar moves too far from its original position, or, maybe, when one of the pushes happens to be more forceful than the others, the game triggers the fail event.

I recorded a video of this. After 30–40 seconds it's all just waiting patiently, so you may skip to the actual fail which happens at 4:39. You'll also notice how far the pillar crawled during this time. It does not always take 4 minutes. Sometimes the fail happens much earlier, in about 1–2 minutes, when I've had just knocked only the 3rd pillar.

Any ideas on how to avoid this?
ohaha

Re: King knock fails on its own accord at Competition-Bonus1

#2 Post by ohaha » 24 Jan 2015 20:29

Looks like a bug to me...
Retired, but still loving it.
rookie31st

Re: King knock fails on its own accord at Competition-Bonus1

#3 Post by rookie31st » 04 Jan 2016 18:16

Hello!

I have the same issue during Bonus 1 playthrough. This bug prevents me from getting maximum points. My game version is 1.6.1s (Steam). Is there any solution or walkaround (besides completing this challenge crazy fast before bug kicks in)?

Thank you
Have a mature suggestion to improve American Truck Simulator? Fahgettaboudit!

Return to “SCANIA Truck Driving Simulator”