- directx 11
- directx 12
- save game with ets 2
- and more
t_wild

Re: SCANIA Truck Driving Simulator need update

#2 Post by t_wild » 19 Sep 2016 19:54

Hey there,

Sadly i do not think a new update will be coming, it has been quite some time since the last update (Ferbuary 2014) and also i think they have their hands full with ETS2 and ATS.
Solo_Kamen

#3 Post by Solo_Kamen » 05 Oct 2016 02:59

And I thought I was the only one who started to play scania recently :D
davidzoli

#4 Post by davidzoli » 05 Oct 2016 07:21

I like to play with that few times in a month.

Is that possible to append the maps from STDS to ETS2 somehow? Onto an empty spot on ETS2 map?
That would be great to go through that scenes in ETS2 :)
Solo_Kamen

#5 Post by Solo_Kamen » 06 Oct 2016 15:26

Appending it somwhere? That city in STDs( :) ) is as bit as some countries in ETS2. There is not empty spot big enough.

Anyway, after playing free ride... i want an update to this and I dont care that this game is ancient :lol:
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#7 Post by Mohegan13 » 06 Oct 2016 15:36

Don't forget Turbo Esprit. That really needs an update.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Baja_002

#8 Post by Baja_002 » 06 Oct 2016 15:38

This "game" was more like demo version of ETS2. It was used to show new graphics options, truck physics and similar things. I don't think it was ever meant to be a "full game"
Reinhard

#9 Post by Reinhard » 06 Oct 2016 16:24

A boxed demo for 20 Euro? Of course it was a "full game". But in the sense that it was a sneak preview of many new things to come, yes, you are for sure right.

Just like most other games, and most SCS developments, the game was simply "done" after some time. I wouldn't expect any future patches if there is not a serious issue. For example a permanent change in Windows or a driver, rendering the game unusable, for good.

The only SCS games that are constantly updated and enhanced for a long time are ETS 2 and ATS. Even ETS 1 was finished after less than a year, in 2009. Which was really a pity.
mrtruckmann

#10 Post by mrtruckmann » 14 May 2017 13:55

I just bought Scania Simulator from Steam sale and noticed that it is quite outdated, graphics glitches with Intel HD530 for GPU and slight overall awkwardness, worst thing being poor support for Xbox360 controller - would have expected them to be on level enough similar to ETS2 for comfort, which unfortunately was not the case.

Was curious about the variety of game missions, which in ETS2 and ATS are fairly limited (take a driving job or get cargo, drive, fill the tank, sleep, park the cargo yourself or assisted, cash-in, repeat - buy garages, buy trucks, pimp your trucks, quick travel between garages to let your hired drivers grind revenue for the company, repeat). Just wish there was more variety in game missions and challenges, having played those games hundreds of hours after all, so I should know.

Therefore wish these Scania Simulator's game mission ideas would find new life in those two newer SCS truck sims that are otherwise getting better by the time, but lack after a while true replay value, which isn't quite covered by the new map DLCs, paint jobs or even new truck models, sorry. Nevertheless the very recent ETS2 heavy cargo DLC is a nice add, which I'm grateful for, no doubt.

So yeah, it's "me too" - though it's unlikely to happen that Scania Sim would be updated anymore, despite its potential concepts that should deserve to live on. But maybe one day...

Return to “SCANIA Truck Driving Simulator”