Validity of Purchase

geeked

Validity of Purchase

#1 Post by geeked » 22 Jul 2013 05:28

Hello,

I purchased a copy of Scania Truck Driving Simulator through a third-party distributor, and while I didn't think much of it at the time, I'm now feeling less-than-at-ease. I know that SCS did a bundle with the people over at IndieGala a while back. This was publicized on the SCS Software blog, so I know that SCS had a formal agreement with them at that time. Fast-forward to now. I'm at the IndieGala Store. They have the game at $2.99 with "GalaPoints." I've seen SCS games on sale over there before, and everything looked good. I knew I wasn't going to get a Steam key or the like, as I know that Scania TDS is not greenlit. I have no problem with that.

What I receive is a two-part rar file. Each is roughly ~750MB a piece. Inside is an installer for Scania SCS 1.2.1. The other file is aptly named "Serial Number.txt." Knowing that there are full online capabilities within this game, it would be strange that IndieGala would be distributing the exact same archive for every purchase of the game.

I am writing this because I am not a pirate, I don't want to be an accessory to a company's illegal behavior by supporting them (if they are distributing without a valid contract with SCS), and I love what I've seen in the ETS2 demo, and will buy it when the time is right for me. Right now, I figured that this would be a nice game to hold me over for a while.

I just want to make sure that IndieGala is legitimately distributing the game. It can be found by searching store.indiegala.com for "Scania Truck Driving Simulator." I am happy to provide the Serial Number to staff if requested.

Thank you.
Scaniabebe

Re: Validity of Purchase

#2 Post by Scaniabebe » 10 Aug 2013 09:42

Hmm.. That seems odd - have you contacted them regarding the issue?
Flickr | YouTube | My WOT Profile
10 Years in the TruckSim Community...
ohaha

#3 Post by ohaha » 10 Aug 2013 09:43

Send an email to support.

or PM Max.
Retired, but still loving it.
geeked

#4 Post by geeked » 17 Aug 2013 23:30

ohaha wrote:Send an email to support.

or PM Max.
Hi there. Apologies for not responding sooner. I honestly tried to scout out a proper support email address for support. I see that Max mentioned support [atsign] eurotrucksimulator [dot] com in one post. I don't see a support address on the SCANIA TDS website, and the email addresses listed on the scssoft.com contacts page don't appear to be support-related addresses. On the contrary, I cannot send PMs on this forum yet (I completely understand that this is to prevent abuse). Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you.
Unco

#5 Post by Unco » 18 Aug 2013 13:47

I"m sure that if you use the eurotrucksimulator email address and explain your situation, they'll be able to help.

Return to “SCANIA Truck Driving Simulator”