[Steam Version] "My precious" achievement

Sergio

[Steam Version] "My precious" achievement

#1 Post by Sergio » 25 Dec 2015 18:47

I don't know if this is a bug or the intended behavior but seems like a bug to me.

There is an achievement in steam for ETS2 called "My precious", the description for the achievement says: "Design and apply to your truck a custom multi-color metallic paint"

In the latest update game update you don't need to go to a Services Shop to change your new truck's paint job, you can select the paint when customizing the new truck. However if you buy a truck with a custom metallic paint you are not granted the achievement on steam, you need to go and re-paint you truck in order to get the achievement.

I think you should be awarded with the achievement either if you buy a new truck with a metallic paint or if you change an already owned truck's paint.

As I said, I'm not sure if you consider this a bug but I'm reporting it in case you want to take a look at it.
Last edited by supersobes on 30 Jan 2019 02:32, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Thread moved from "Euro Truck Simulator 2 > Bugs" to "Euro Truck Simulator 2 > Help centre - player to player"
Cadde

Re: [Steam Version] "My precious" achievement

#2 Post by Cadde » 25 Dec 2015 22:51

Just to clarify, the reason you don't get the achievement when you buy the truck is that one wasn't capable of selecting a metallic paint job from the dealership but since then, that has changed i presume. Now you can select all paint jobs no matter where you go.
On extended hiatus.
dareioss

#3 Post by dareioss » 19 May 2016 20:48

I bought a new truck with multi-colour paint but I was not granted with achivement.
I was trying also with re-painting truck but it still didn't work on me.
Mavadelo

#4 Post by Mavadelo » 03 Feb 2017 00:55

which is the same reason I am posting, I do not get the achievement, painted my truck several times now with custom paint metalic
dopravniporadce

#5 Post by dopravniporadce » 21 Oct 2019 22:53

Same for me, I own several hundreds of trucks, I painted them, repainted them in every possible way, I drove the truck, I did it on my employee's truck, I tried every instruction available and still no luck. Maybe SCS is having a bug there?
Madkine
Global moderator

#6 Post by Madkine » 22 Oct 2019 06:35

Did you drive your owned truck to a repair shop and then add a metallic paint?
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Micha_UK

#7 Post by Micha_UK » 25 Jan 2020 16:20

+1 to this being classed as a bug in the current version of the game. Either it should be achieved irrespective of when/where you apply the paint, or the achievement needs to be reworded to clarify that it can only be done in the repair shop.
IonutL

#8 Post by IonutL » 27 Jan 2020 13:58

My take on this is that when you buy a truck, it doesn't exist so to speak until you press the confirm button. So for the player it seems that it is the same thing (choosing the truck's color), but for the game it's a totally different situation.

Return to “Help center - player to player”