Current profile overwritten with new profile

Jon the VGnerd

Current profile overwritten with new profile

#1 Post by Jon the VGnerd » 16 Mar 2017 06:03

And apparently, I lost everything I had while trying to create a new profile exclusively for ETS2MP. I have backup files, but not sure what to do about them and would really love on how it works because all of my hard work at Level 49 and counting, only for it to drop down to 0 as a result of a costly and accidental mistake from overwriting my current profile for a new one. Now I'm wondering if anyone can help me on how backup files work (which I have, but not sure how), because hoo boy. To accomplish a dream of trucking in ETS2 only to see it fade away before your eyes is gut-wrenching at best...
Eagle_Eye

Re: Current profile overwritten with new profile

#2 Post by Eagle_Eye » 16 Mar 2017 07:38

The problem is probably because you created a new profile with the same name as an existing profile.

If profiles exist, the game will suggest a new profile name that is not the same name as an existing profile.

If you have a backup, it's simply a copy and paste job.

Depending on how many profiles you have, is how you restore a backup..

If you only have one profile, the just delete the unwanted folder, and replace it with the backup.

If you have more than one profile, you will need to identify the one you want to replace.

The profiles are kept in the profile folder, but, the name of your profile folder is a hex version of your profile name.

If your not sure what one is what name, then you can find out..

Right click on the hexed folder name, select rename, then copy the name.. click somewhere else to exit the rename...

goto this website, and paste the name into the second box. (hex box)

https://www.branah.com/ascii-converter

The name of your profile will be converted and appear in the box above (ASCII box)

Find the right profile, then copy it into the profiles folder. I would delete the old one first, so your not copying over an old one..

EE
Jon the VGnerd

#3 Post by Jon the VGnerd » 16 Mar 2017 07:49

Just did that and down from 49 to 47 from my old profile and got it to work. Not much, but it could've been a LOT worse and being down two levels is better than all the way back to Newbie. Thanks a lot for saving me and keeping my ETS2 trucking dream alive! :D
Eagle_Eye

#4 Post by Eagle_Eye » 16 Mar 2017 07:56

No problem, glad to help..

Cheers
EE

Return to “Help center - player to player”