Possible map percentage bug?

FlashTec

Possible map percentage bug?

#1 Post by FlashTec » 14 May 2017 16:47

Hi,

Im soon giving up on my mission to get the 100% percent road discovery achievement.

I spent countless hours trying to find the last 0,03%, even used a mod that took away signs, company names and such and colored the undiscovered roads red.

The only point that I can find that isn't discovered yet is the end of a road Northwest of Dijon, pointing in the direction of rest of France but I can't reach it because the road is blocked at an earlier point. I assume this is on of the roads that is used to reach the Vive la France DLC area. But as I don't have the VLF dlc I can't reach it.

But that is just a small area like a pixel wide and I get the feeling that 0,03% is alot more than that little point.

Does anyone know anything about this because I'm soon about to angerquit this game in frustration.
Last edited by supersobes on 29 Jan 2019 19:42, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Thread moved from "Euro Truck Simulator 2 > Bugs" to "Euro Truck Simulator 2 > Bugs > Bugs Archive > Bugs 1.27"
room217au

Re: Possible map percentage bug?

#2 Post by room217au » 15 May 2017 00:32

I think there's a mod that removes those barriers. You could install that mod just to 'discover' that piece of road, then remove the mod.
If you suck at playing the trumpet, that's probably why.
Steve Pitts

#3 Post by Steve Pitts » 18 May 2017 20:25

It is possible to get 100% achievement since v1.26 but without VLF installed. There are lots of little areas that could account for your .03 of a percentage point.

Some depots have two roads in with one of them hidden under the company logo.

Rest areas that are not also fuel stations don't show up until you are zoomed right in to the map and then the icon covers the undiscovered area (there is definitely one of those on the eastern route into Scotland).

Job agencies are a pain (you just have to visit each one - in fact I got in the habit of 'passing over' every green icon whenever I visited a new city, that way guaranteeing that I'd got them all).

There are small segments of the roll on ferries that count (those where you actually drive on board) and some of the adjacent rest areas in ferry ports don't get discovered just by using the ferry.

There are also some tiny slivers of road that are definitely only visible when zoomed right in (definitely one SW of Strasbourg on one of the back roads).

All of those things count just as much as each stretch of highway that turns yellow as you drive onto it - so the percentage is not related to the size/length of the road segment.

HTH
Cheers, Steve
Carthoo

#4 Post by Carthoo » 19 May 2017 14:30

Give me location of said road please, as a proper bug report with everything written, and i check it out.

Might be a bug, but most of the reports from players hunting 100% discovery turned out to be tiny part of map they didnt find. Not to suggest, that this is your case - you sound like you gave it really a lot.
Fluent in a few languages, sarcasm and irony included. /truth on - currently overloaded, sorry for not answering your PMs - will do so once I got some time

"I can confirm by denial. What's your superpower?"
Sora

#5 Post by Sora » 18 Jun 2017 12:35

Here is the location of the road in question. I imagine at least some will be happy to know that it's still very much possible to achieve 100.00% map completion in spite of this strip, as I achieved it just now while missing two sections of roadway -- it, and a (perfectly obtainable, as I did so shortly afterward) section of irrelevant highway in Sweden. But in any case:
  • Non-VLF map in ETS2 has an inaccessible roadway west of Dijon. This roadway appears on the map but cannot be realistically reached in an unmodified game.
  • Issue may be aesthetic since 100.00% completion can be obtained without ever visiting this tiny strip of roadway -- at least with Vanilla + GE + S.
  • Cannot guarantee that 100.00% completion is still obtainable in vanilla game, however, as Going East and Scandinavia were installed. No map mods have ever been used on this profile, however.
  • Still kinda annoying regardless.
room217au

#6 Post by room217au » 18 Jun 2017 12:40

Got the 100% achievement with Vanilla map + GE, so it is possible.
If you suck at playing the trumpet, that's probably why.
Carthoo

#7 Post by Carthoo » 19 Jun 2017 11:35

Please guys....we apreciate all the feedback, but it needs to be posted properly - exact location (coordinates), game log, etc....
Fluent in a few languages, sarcasm and irony included. /truth on - currently overloaded, sorry for not answering your PMs - will do so once I got some time

"I can confirm by denial. What's your superpower?"
MrKiLLaRa

#8 Post by MrKiLLaRa » 19 Jun 2017 12:32

And you say that you can not examine the map 100%. nothing is impossible
. If that, I have east, Scandinavia, and France :))) LOL
Attachments
4T78vupy0Q4.jpg
marcel-dutch

#9 Post by marcel-dutch » 19 Jun 2017 17:41

As in ATS and ETS I have 100% map discovered.
So it is possible.

Return to “Bugs 1.27”