What`s your opinion on 1.11 update so far?

jarvik79

Re: What`s your opinion on 1.11 update so far?

#31 Post by jarvik79 » 01 Aug 2014 17:22

You can make the acute diacritic mark using the ctrl-alt-[letter] combination, e.g. é is ctrl-alt-e

Otherwise, this is a handy list:
https://www.samford.edu/uploadedFiles/A ... rkings.pdf
GearJammer55

#32 Post by GearJammer55 » 01 Aug 2014 17:26

In Windows, those kind of letters can be found on the Character Map under System Tools on the Start Menu. You can select and copy the letters, then paste them into the console (or onto a text document to save for future use).
ProMods Developer
Reinhard

#33 Post by Reinhard » 01 Aug 2014 17:53

First, I've read the posting to quick, then I gave a wrong advice.

I thought it was domestic keyboard versus English console. You are talking about "goto city", not "goto x;y;z". My bad.

Anyway, copying from notepad or other sources will apparently not work. I tried with the city definition

Code: Select all

city_data: city.lodz
{
	city_name: "Łódź"
	short_city_name: "Łódź"
	city_name_uppercase: "ŁÓDŹ"
[...]
To my surprise, coping anything of that into the console will not produce something which the command is able to process.

Maybe this should changed in future, to make goto use the latinized city name.
murdoch82

#34 Post by murdoch82 » 01 Aug 2014 18:00

Been playing 1.11 since first day of open beta and its been good, no big issues for me.

Some minor problems I've had tho is when going over on/off ramp prefabs the GPS speed can change to 40 or 50 suddenly and then go back to 80, as if it reads the speed on the road going below, and in some places that means the traffic slows down drastically too leading to unexpected stops, hard breaking or even a crash if not careful or unlucky.

Also had this happen in some long corners on highways, speed limit suddenly goes from 80 or above to 50 for no apparent reason.
PC: AMD Ryzen R9 5900X, 32 Gb 3200 Mhz,MSI X570S Tomahawk WifI MAX, 6750XT 12Gb, 2x LG 27GL650B-F 144 Hz 1 x ASUS 24" 60 hz 3x1080p, G29 + H-Shifter, TrackIR5
GearJammer55

#35 Post by GearJammer55 » 01 Aug 2014 19:04

Axel Slingerland wrote:I think it was always like that. At least as far back as I can remember anyway... I have some mods that I made that I have not changed since 1.7.1. But yeah, you have to retain the original folder structure. And you also have to make sure when you save the .sii files, that they are being saved in plain text format. (Also known as DOS text format to us old school types.) If you use something like WordPad or Micro$oft Word to edit them they could be saved in some weird Micro$oft Document format, which won't work in ETS2.
I use Notepad++ for editing, the *.sii files are easier to read for one thing, plus there are hidden control characters that can be accidentally deleted if using MS Notepad, and then the file won't work :( .
And yes, I too am one of the 'old school', from the days when typing DOS commands was second nature :lol:
ProMods Developer
GearJammer55

#36 Post by GearJammer55 » 01 Aug 2014 19:29

JohnJay wrote:3. got two folders (custom and def)
Yes those 2 folders are the ones in the root def folder. I've found it's sometimes necessary to create another def sub folder. But anyway, in your case no. If you open your engine mod, you should have this folder structure: def\vehicle\truck\ truck folder(s). Each truck folder contains engine and transmission folders.
If that's how it looks, it should work. I made one for a 1000hp DAF engine :D . And it still works on 1.11 as it did on previous versions.
ProMods Developer
Max
SCS Software

#37 Post by Max » 01 Aug 2014 20:37

Leen wrote:... but with quick jobs you need to adjust again with every job you take, that's till now a point of criticism to me.
seat settings cannot be common as different trucks need different tweaks of seat. in fact, its per truck instance as in real life - if you sitting in a borrowed car you have to setup seat and mirrors every time .. ;)
Swede wrote:Can anyone tell me how I type ü or ń or any other letter of that sort in console as it seem to be needed when using the goto command.
as it detects first city area with given substring, use longest part of city name string that do not contain theese letters. eg i used "nchen" for "münchen". if thats not possible like in case of "lodz" use coords as before. or you can wait because ..
Reinhard wrote:Maybe this should changed in future, to make goto use the latinized city name.
it will.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
GearJammer55

#38 Post by GearJammer55 » 01 Aug 2014 20:42

Reinhard wrote:To my surprise, coping anything of that into the console will not produce something which the command is able to process.
I haven't seen a list of cities that the goto command can recognise, and I've only tried a few, so it looks like that list doesn't yet include cities in the Going East DLC, or other map extensions :? .
And thanks Max, you posted your reply as I was writing this, so I guess what I just said is not strictly true :lol:
ProMods Developer
Kawil

#39 Post by Kawil » 01 Aug 2014 23:04

So I just updated to 1.11 to give the new update a try and I have to say that I'm really loving it. I haven't been to the new cities but I started a garage in Paris and I know I'll make my way down there. Couple of things I think really make this update work:

1. Seat adjustments: This is absolutely amazing, lol. I've been using Bleed's FOV mods forever to 'get away from the wheel'. I'm still using the 100 FOV mod here but that's only to get a base starting point then I just adjust to my liking. I'm sure I could get away with just taking the mod out but meh.

2. Cruise Control: By far one of the most under-rated aspects of this game. I had to remap some of my buttons on my RumblePad 2 so I could take full advantage of the increase and decrease functions but it was well worth it. I don't have enough room for Resume but it's all good because you can set it at any speed and then just press Increase repeatedly to get to your target speed. Now I don't have to mash that accelerate button down so much, lol.

I did notice a little bug but didn't happen to notice where it was at and it may not even be a bug from this update. I came up to an intersection where the light was turning red so I started to slow down and stopped BEFORE the white line and I still got a Red Light Offense. I guess my bumper could have been ON the line but I definitely was not across it in any way. Very minor though. So far, so good SCS!
MAN TGX

#40 Post by MAN TGX » 01 Aug 2014 23:26

Kawil wrote:
1. Seat adjustments: This is absolutely amazing, lol.

2. Cruise Control: By far one of the most under-rated aspects of this game. Now I don't have to mash that accelerate button down so much, lol.
THIS! New CC commands are a fabolous! I barely use accelerate button anymore except in cities! OMFG perfect!! PERFECT!!

Return to “General discussion about the game”