ETS2/ATS Telemetry Web Server + Mobile Dashboard

m4rc10w

Re: ETS2/ATS Telemetry Web Server + Mobile Dashboard

#831 Post by m4rc10w » 25 Mar 2017 12:31

WarthogCC, to the current version of the ETS2 does not have any mod this truck (at least not yet) versions of the mod I found out there are very old and do not run in the game today. :( I did this dashboard more by suggestion of a friend, even.
My ETS2/ATS Custom/Edited Dashboards for Funbit ETS2/ATS Telemetry Server
https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/online ... p?id=25089

[ external image ]
Sorry my bad English, it´s no my native language, then most my posts have help from Google Translate.
dave_th

#832 Post by dave_th » 29 Mar 2017 23:52

Is there a new list of supported data? Im looking for the 3 levels of motor break and cash on hand. Im not sure if its you or Scs that makes the new data available, so Im asking.
airbus_sai

#833 Post by airbus_sai » 30 Mar 2017 06:26

dave_th, you can take a look at this thing: http://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Documen ... /Telemetry

It's the source of telemetry data from the game. Funbit's server uses that to get some of the data (the relevant stuff) into his application, for us to enjoy. Even without C++ knowledge, you can dig through files in the "include" folder and check what's available.

It's been updated, by the way. Now it's version 1.9.
"Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of squirrels."
- J. Robert Oppenheimer, when asked about Trinity tests, as heard in Lost Years song.
theclumsygeek

#834 Post by theclumsygeek » 30 Mar 2017 11:09

Awesome work Funbit!

I started making a simple skin which shows clutch, brake, throttle bars, h-shifter, and gear indicator. This is mainly for my viewers so they can see what I'm doing behind the wheel.

One question though, how much CPU usage do you guys currently get with v3.2.5 of the server? I'm getting around 10% once I enable any skin. I read from the FAQ that CPU usage should only be 1%, so I'm thinking if there could be something wrong with my setup, or a parameter I can change (e.g. frequency of refresh). I only have an i5-4590, and when streaming I'm really struggling with CPU, so every little bit counts.

Oh and yes, I also saw an open issue in github from November regarding CPU usage: https://github.com/Funbit/ets2-telemetr ... /issues/99
In there it says:
It seems to be caused by the frequent updating from the data that is in the SharedMemory object. I reduced it from 25 to 250 and it reduced the CPU usage to 1%. Perhaps you can add that as a variable.
Does anyone understand this bit and how I can change whatever it is from 25 to 250? Also not sure if that would cause lag in terms of updating the dashboard.
m4rc10w

#835 Post by m4rc10w » 01 Apr 2017 02:42

New dashboard finished - Volvo Fh 2009 (v2), see demo on video below
Attempt to include some controls for changing brightness of the panel and conversion of some units (distance, speed, volume and average consumption) in real time, and in one single panel.
[ external image ]

Oh yes, the cycling info key remain being "hazard lights" command (default "O" key).
For those on mobile device and can not see the embedded video, here is the link to youtube https://youtu.be/VX4jI4QAmAo
Last edited by m4rc10w on 01 Apr 2017 13:06, edited 3 times in total.

[ external image ]
Sorry my bad English, it´s no my native language, then most my posts have help from Google Translate.
airbus_sai

#836 Post by airbus_sai » 01 Apr 2017 07:03

m4rc10w, wow, that's cool. :) One skin for all unit systems is a brilliant idea. Now players can ferry into England and not have to load another skin - MPH/KPH switch is right there.
"Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of squirrels."
- J. Robert Oppenheimer, when asked about Trinity tests, as heard in Lost Years song.
SuperMaic

#837 Post by SuperMaic » 05 Apr 2017 18:34

Nice work! And it works fine for me!

But how do I change the screens in the display?
m4rc10w

#838 Post by m4rc10w » 05 Apr 2017 21:19

SuperMaic to change info in digital panel is "hazard lights" command (default letter "O"). To show dashboard controls just pause the game and it will appear :)

[ external image ]
SuperMaic

#839 Post by SuperMaic » 05 Apr 2017 21:26

Found it! :D

But the same button as the beacon's? Not so good... Changing the inputbinding doesn't effect so far... :(

Please, find another solution. If done, this will be my one and only skin. And then, maybe, i translate it to german... :D
m4rc10w

#840 Post by m4rc10w » 06 Apr 2017 21:10

SuperMaic Unfortunately this was the only possible solution I found (using a command from the game itself, in case, beacons - what I dont use in my trucks), I could create a button to click directly on the dashboard screen (like the 'reset trip info' button), but this would not be very practical to who uses monitor plugged directly on PC, and not tablet (my case), I would have to pause the game and switch (alt + tab) for the dashboard window and click this button to switch the display information (that would be bad especially in MP, which would still be need to fully stop the truck before pausing the game), but the main problem is the fact that after a while running, the dashboard takes too long or even stops responding to clicks (something that sometimes happens when you click the 'reset trip info' button), and sometimes it ends up to crash and have to restart your browser, so I did that way, to avoid as much as possible the need to give a lot of clicks (screen taps, in mobile devices) on the dashboard screen, and thus try to minimize this problem.

[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”