History of ETS2 world map -- available anywhere?

RootlessAgrarian

History of ETS2 world map -- available anywhere?

#1 Post by RootlessAgrarian » 28 Apr 2017 19:03

Hey all (especially the devs):

I was realising the other day that when a new version is dropped on me by Steam, there are usually more roads than before... but since I have not explored 100 percent of the previous version map, I'm never quite sure whether the unexplored road I'm seeing on my GPS is a new one or an old one. I know the map has got bigger, but I can't easily see the expansion and compare with previous version. I guess I could roll back through many versions using Steam's beta opt-in mechanism, doing screencaps as I go... but... tedious...

So I was wondering if anyone smarter and more forward-looking than myself has been keeping an archive of the entire world map over the history of SCS releases, DLCs etc. It would make a great animation (showing how the world gets bigger and richer in detail all the time) and I would just like to look at it for personal interest. It also would demonstrate very clearly and visually the sheer amount of devel effort being poured into this sim... i.e. how truly it is worth that original investment.

If anyone's been saving map screenshots for the last couple of years, would you be willing to share?
Level 42 and rising... i7 8700K -- AMD Radeon 5700XT -- ASUS MAXIMUS XI HERO - WIN10
NoCabView minimod
Euro Bike Simulator
The Beginner's Guide To SCS Mapping (WIP)
FlyingPigeon

Re: History of ETS2 world map -- available anywhere?

#2 Post by FlyingPigeon » 28 Apr 2017 22:49

You can just disable all expansion dlc and then see basemap, then add them one by one to the growth, the basegame has not been added anything apart from 3 citys in the bottom.
Scandinavian truckdriver.

Return to “General discussion about the game”