Gamepad in UI - experimental support

Cadde

Re: Gamepad in UI - experimental support

#11 Post by Cadde » 06 Jan 2014 01:51

Yeah, that's exactly what i meant. Those aren't "real" buttons. They are there so you can assign any of the standard buttons on the controller to any of the 6 extras.
I have the Razer Onza TE and it has 2 buttons that i can map to other "hard to reach" buttons etc. It all depends on how you'd like your controller to be laid out.

Point is, those buttons doesn't report outside the controller and instead are handled internally in the controller.
On extended hiatus.
pencil42

#12 Post by pencil42 » 04 Mar 2014 18:27

Yeah, I just noticed it said when I opened the game after patch : "New controller found xbox 360 controller would you like to use it as a pointing device?" I was really happy. Great job! You should also add a scroll function
My wot: *CLICK* ID: 54942
MezzerliptikJay

#13 Post by MezzerliptikJay » 11 Mar 2014 15:10

Thank you for this i use my controller all the time in the game so this is a welcome feature
Dav99

#14 Post by Dav99 » 19 Apr 2014 20:14

Hi, I have same problem with my mouse but I don't have file "controls.sii", I play with steam to this game. When I start game, when I create Profil, my mouse doesn't work. Please can you help me?
(sorry, i don't speak english, i speak french, but i understand english).
Komat
SCS Software

#15 Post by Komat » 18 Aug 2014 09:08

Dav99 wrote:Hi, I have same problem with my mouse but I don't have file "controls.sii", I play with steam to this game. When I start game, when I create Profil, my mouse doesn't work. Please can you help me?
I have heard about this problem however I do not know what is causing it. Maybe some third party application. You can try to provide the game with command line parameter -sysmouse which should cause the game to use a different mechanism for handling the mouse.
badken

#16 Post by badken » 02 Jan 2015 08:27

I have this problem too. I used to be able to use both the mouse and the controller to navigate menu screens and options screens, and the profile screen at the start of the game. Now the mouse doesn't work at all, regardless of whether I use fusion.mouse or di8.mouse in controls.sii. I tried the -sysmouse parameter, and I can then use the mouse in the profile selection screen, but when it gets in the game, the mouse cursor is stuck in the upper left corner of the screen and neither the mouse nor the controller stick will move it.

I never used the experimental beta.

I will use the controller if I must, but I really prefer using both mouse and controller - controller when I'm driving, and mouse when I'm using the UI. Everything was working fine before. :(
_Lucas_

#17 Post by _Lucas_ » 28 May 2016 03:43

It would be nice if, when you pressed X or Y axis (or even the arrows keys from keyboard), mouse cursor would be moved directly to the nearest "clickable" item/icon from screen, exactly like does "Gran Turismo 2". Driving wheels/pedals could be accepted too, behaving like "Cruis'n USA" and other old arcade games.
Jaikstheuggle

#18 Post by Jaikstheuggle » 21 Aug 2017 20:58

Dont forget the steamcontroller in this. Different functions as the indicators (below the controller) make the steamcontroller very different from the xbox ones. Also the right above panel is no joystick.

the sugguestion of the bigbadonion is what i like in this topic , if we miss out on buttons.

(i know i should link to this specific one , its been explained how its done to me before...But i am still searching..)
To make it simple and easy. You could have different directions on the d-pad opening different menus. Such as

Up: Truck functions (as I just said)
Down cycle views,
Right Maps. (double function) First button press would bring up the satnav controls, the second would take you to the map screen.

Return to “General discussion about the game”