ETS 2 Skins & Other Mods by thebigbadonion

thebigbadonion

ETS 2 Skins & Other Mods by thebigbadonion

#1 Post by thebigbadonion » 08 Feb 2014 22:11

[ external image ]

Since I've grown far more active with my mod making, and been using my screenshot library in the past to post mod progress updates, and first looks of upcoming mods, I thought it was time to make a dedicated post. Here I will keep those interested up to date on my upcoming mods, and also showcase some of my private, and previous work This first post will be used to list everything.Any subsequent posts, I will use to post progress updates and new screens of my wip mods.

I know I'm not the best modder/skinner in the world, but I enjoy doing it when the mood takes me, and I like to share my work with everyone, and also thoughts during a project sometimes. :)

Current Public Mods

[ external image ]

The Steed of a true Road Viking!

Screenshots

[ external image ] [ external image ]
Download: Check under mods>skins>trucks on this forum.

[ external image ]

This is for all the Scurvy sea dogs! Really it's just a joke, I'm sure everyone knows what I'm getting at :)

Screenshot
[ external image ]

Find it under "truck skins", on this forum. (only allowed 5 links per post)

[ external image ]

This is for all the gamers out there, who remember the mighty war between Sega, and Nintendo in the 80s and 90s.

This mod includes 1 Skin for the Volvo FH2012, and 4 trailers, with Sega/Nintendo related cargo.

Screenshot
[ external image ]

Full Thread, with download Link: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=93956/

[ external image ]
Based on one of the greatest games ever to have been created, this was generally a well liked, and well recieved skin pack. It was also reuploaded by many people, which actually started to get annoying. :lol:

The mod contains 3 truck skins for the Volvo 2012, Scania 2009, and Scania Streamline. It also contains 3 different trailer skins, on both the profiliner, and cool liner trailers, with a lot of interesting, amusing cargo right out of the game. :)

Screenshot
[ external image ]

Full Forum Thread, with download link viewtopic.php?f=37&t=94789&p=144321#p144321

[ external image ]

It's simply a skin for the Volvo FH2012, based off a much loved rock band of mine, "Alter Bridge" Expect more of these band based skins popping up. I'm thinking Guns N' Roses next :D

Screenshot
[ external image ]

Full Thread, With Download link viewtopic.php?f=37&t=126670&p=188700#p188700

Volvo FH16 Classic Interior edit
This was one of the very first mods I made, and also the simplest, and imo one of the most useful. I've used it for that long, it actually seems like the vanilla game to me now :lol: I got aggravated with the pink interior on the FH Classic, so I recoloured the texture to blue.

Screenshot
[ external image ]
(The Satnav is nothing to do with me, and is a totally seperate mod, which can be found on these forums)

Download Thread viewtopic.php?f=34&t=80848

[ external image ]

This started life as a request from another forum user. He wanted a skin based on the Portuguese Haulage company "RSJ" Not only did I give him a skin, I made him a trailer to go with it :) I've since decided to make it public, it can be found on this forum in the usual place, or there will be a download link somewhere in this thread.

Other Work

This is the rest of it! Either mods I've made privately for my self, by request or plan to release with someone elses work :)

Scania Streamline Skin Edit, with Scania branded trailer

This is intended to be released with a future version of GT-Mikes Scania Streamline. The skin now matches the highline, and normal cabs better, as well as adding a few little extra touches.It's also a 4 Colour Mask.

Clarkson's Logistics
If you've seen my screenshot gallery you've seen these. It's a private mod, which comprises of skins (sometimes variants) for all trucks, LKWlog is changed to Clarkson's Logistics" It also includes 3 stand alone trailer skins, a skin for the fuel tanker, and a yellow varient skin for the MAN TGX as a "fuel transport" truck.

Screenshot
Rather than me post images here, check out "thebigbadonion's trucking across europe" thread here: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=94908

Black Bessie

This is an old skin, I no longer use, intended for 50ks Scania 2008. It was originally intended to be the flagship of Clarkson's Logistics, but I just grew to dislike it.

Screenshot
[ external image ]

Spacenight Trailer
This was a request by another forum user. I made two different trailers, and changed one of the companies to match.

Screenshot

Bullets Logistics

This is a skin set from an old company which I used to use on the TSM map, it includes most of the vanilla trucks. Since to me it's defunct, if anybody wants to use it them selves, send me a message, and I will upload the file, and publish the link here. It doesn't include any trailers, or any of the extras my other company skin has though.

Euro Swirl
This was intended for a company skin project, I started, and never launched. Originally the idea was, to make some skins, which people could choose, and I would put a company names/text. amd a few other things on for them This, however never came about, for one reason and another, and the project was abandoned. Just like Bullets Logistics, if you want this, its yours. Although it is in a semi finished state, but I'll include the PSD files so you can finish it.

NFG Haulage
This was another skin made for the same project, however I did later use this, when I had to start a new game, to help test someone elses mod. All the files for this have been lost/deleted. So a few screenshots are all that remain of it.

Thor
No this isn't based on the film! The concept was similar to Black Bessie, "Flagship of the fleet". For a 750hp sweeidish built truck, the Viking god of thunder, just seemed fitting. Shame the skin didn't turn out at all how I'd have liked. Infact its probably one of the worst skins I've made.
[ external image ]

God of War
This is the second skin I ever made, enough said about that :) Although I may re-do it and release it as a trailer pack some time.
[ external image ]

Fedl Trailer
This is yet another request, from Forum moderator ohaha. Just a simple trailer skin, for Austrian company "FEDL"

[ external image ]

Rowdy Kyle Busch Scania Streamline & 2009
This is another request I did quite recently for a forum user, based off Kyle Busch's M&M Sprint cup car.

Murre Transport Livery
This is also a request by a forum regular. The breif was quite simple. He wanted a good looking company skin, based loosely off the Murre bird. Currently, it's only for the Volvo 2012, but will eventually ve adapted to other trucks.

Requests

I Don't generally take requests as a rule. Why? I mostly just don't have the time, so I would rather spend what little time I do set aside for making skins, or mods, making what I actually want to make, and would enjoy. However, if you do come up with a good idea, that I like, I might make it. post suggestions on this thread. But please don't assume I'm going to make them, just because you asked for them. Please DON'T PM me asking for private skins, or with "I haz idea it would be so awesomez" It probably won't be :p Keep suggestions to this post.
Last edited by thebigbadonion on 17 Mar 2014 02:07, edited 24 times in total.
Fortzy

Re: ETS 2 Skins & Other Mods by thebigbadonion

#2 Post by Fortzy » 08 Feb 2014 22:18

You make really nice job !
ohaha

#4 Post by ohaha » 08 Feb 2014 23:35

The big, the bad and the onion...
That's quite an impressive array of ETS2 related thingies...
I like it! :)
Retired, but still loving it.
thebigbadonion

#5 Post by thebigbadonion » 08 Feb 2014 23:52

Yeah I was quite surprised at how much there was when I started to put that post together :lol:
thebigbadonion

#6 Post by thebigbadonion » 09 Feb 2014 14:21

Doodling Possible future skin concepts

It's been a boring Sunday afternoon, I don't really feel like modding. So I decided to just play around in photoshop. Made some logos, which could eventually be the basis of future skins. Obviously if any of these do get turned in to a real skin, they will be developed further. The background colours have nothing to do with what the colour the skin may eventually look like. Some may even turn out to be masks. Most will probably never go further than this.

If this concept was used, it would be a very dark, gothic type of skin
[ external image ]

Obviously for either a Volvo, or Scania :)
[ external image ]

While I use the Scania V8 logo here, there's no reason why this couldn't also be adapted to a Volvo, or even MAN, or MB
[ external image ]

Probably the weakest of the bunch
[ external image ]
Last edited by thebigbadonion on 09 Feb 2014 14:35, edited 1 time in total.
florence3099
Global moderator

#7 Post by florence3099 » 09 Feb 2014 14:32

Like the 40 ton death machine, although TECHNICALLY for the UK it would ahve to be either a 38ton death machine (5 axles) or 44ton death machine (6 axles). Loving the skins though
thebigbadonion

#8 Post by thebigbadonion » 09 Feb 2014 14:36

Very true! But 38 ton death machine doesn't quite have the same ring to it :lol:
florence3099
Global moderator

#9 Post by florence3099 » 09 Feb 2014 14:38

OR - if you were going for full STGO Cat 3 Heavy haulage:

250 TON DEATH MACHINE!!!!!
thebigbadonion

#10 Post by thebigbadonion » 09 Feb 2014 14:40

That could work! :lol:

Return to “General discussion about the game”