ETS2/ATS Telemetry Web Server + Mobile Dashboard

m4rc10w

Re: ETS2/ATS Telemetry Web Server + Mobile Dashboard

#811 Post by m4rc10w » 18 Feb 2017 04:30

Daf XF105 Dashboard (vectorized on CorelDraw and finished on Photoshop, I hope you enjoy :) )
As well as the Constellation skin, I also put a reset button on the mileage, next to the speedometer "0" mark.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Download link https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8K5aW ... sp=sharing
My ETS2/ATS Custom/Edited Dashboards for Funbit ETS2/ATS Telemetry Server
https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/online ... p?id=25089

[ external image ]
Sorry my bad English, it´s no my native language, then most my posts have help from Google Translate.
Andre_

#812 Post by Andre_ » 19 Feb 2017 13:56

How to use the informations in my website ?
WarthogCC

#813 Post by WarthogCC » 22 Feb 2017 06:50

m4rc10w, you make awesome skins. How hard would it be to make a few of these with MPH speedos so we can use them with ATS?
muerteh 650

#814 Post by muerteh 650 » 22 Feb 2017 17:01

I like it,thanks ;)
Last edited by muerteh 650 on 22 Feb 2017 18:59, edited 1 time in total.
m4rc10w

#815 Post by m4rc10w » 22 Feb 2017 18:43

@WarthogCC, Basically everything boils down to multiplying (by 0.621371) everything that is related to speed or distance on the JS file (as the template skin), needing maybe just a few visual adjustments to not get anything out of the area where it should stay.
My next skin will be the American truck, maybe the Kenworth T680 (I thought about making the W900, but its panel is too wide and so the dials would all be very small, even on a 15" monitor. I will keep standards used there (miles, Fahrenheit etc).
Next target:
[ external image ]

EDIT - after a "little" work in Corel Draw, Photoshop and Notepad++, here it is :)

Added function to split digital info (see video below) in 4 screen selected by press "beacon" command (default "O" key). Also can reset mileage (see TXT attached to RAR file for more info). Have fun 8-)

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Demo video
Download link https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8K5aW ... sp=sharing

EDIT - for those who already downloaded, I just corrected some errors and changed the way to reset the distance traveled (see the TXT file attached on this), so please download again (the link is the same as above).
Last edited by m4rc10w on 05 Mar 2017 21:33, edited 2 times in total.

[ external image ]
Sorry my bad English, it´s no my native language, then most my posts have help from Google Translate.
zzed_41

#816 Post by zzed_41 » 05 Mar 2017 08:23

@m4rc10w

Any chance you can make a version of your Volvo FH 2009 dash that has MPH instead of KMH? Planning to use it for the Volvo VNL680 mod in ATS. The only major difference between the VNL and the old FH is the kph/mph and the FH16 logo. Thanks!
m4rc10w

#817 Post by m4rc10w » 05 Mar 2017 21:35

I found the problem with average speed calculation on T680 dash, only happens when in MP (time compression is bigger than original, i guess), in single player calculates normally.

@Zzed_41, I'm thinking of redoing some of my first dashboards (I do not know when), when I do, maybe I include a way of change metric units in them.

[ external image ]
airbus_sai

#818 Post by airbus_sai » 06 Mar 2017 13:01

m4rc10w, looked at your code. Interesting solution, I never thought of using cookies to store data (that's why I never did a clever dashboard :D ). One question though - why do you update cookie each tick, if you can just store "starting" time and odometer?

And IIRC, there are problems with game's time, because there's no seconds. In FMS I compared truck.speed with "derivative speed" (odometer change divided by IRL time change, between frames) to get scaled time, and then did everything in IRL time. Otherwise some frames were skipped, pausing didn't work, and something else I don't remember. Also MP servers probably sync time, and that may affect game.time in some unexpected ways.
"Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of squirrels."
- J. Robert Oppenheimer, when asked about Trinity tests, as heard in Lost Years song.
m4rc10w

#819 Post by m4rc10w » 06 Mar 2017 19:22

airbus_sai is not that I wanted to do so, is the way that came to my head (I'm almost noob web / javascript programming, the little I learned was doing these dashboards. When I comes a new idea to implement, need to search a lot to find out how do - and test a lot to make sure before implementing).
About game time, I just considered as SCS make a direct relationship between time and distance (A rule that does not seem applicable to the MP, I think it uses a different compression of time or distance - or both - from the SP), then used the standard formula "Distance/Time" even know that may be inaccurate, but it is to make the dashboard more similar to real life only.

[ external image ]
airbus_sai

#820 Post by airbus_sai » 06 Mar 2017 20:03

m4rc10w, I like what you've done with it, it's cool, and looks like it's first successful dashboard which has statistics in it. :)

On another note, you can make a <script> block in dashboard.html and do some code there. And that code is not wiped between frames, JS variables will save their value. I think this may help you.
"Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of squirrels."
- J. Robert Oppenheimer, when asked about Trinity tests, as heard in Lost Years song.

Return to “General discussion about the game”