ETS2/ATS Telemetry Web Server + Mobile Dashboard

m4rc10w

Re: ETS2/ATS Telemetry Web Server + Mobile Dashboard

#821 Post by m4rc10w » 06 Mar 2017 22:16

airbus_sai good idea, although I still do not know how to do it - pass variables between a js file and a html file, as I said, I am still very noob, but slowly I am learning - I'll research it and try in the next dashboard, thank you.
My ETS2/ATS Custom/Edited Dashboards for Funbit ETS2/ATS Telemetry Server
https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/online ... p?id=25089

[ external image ]
Sorry my bad English, it´s no my native language, then most my posts have help from Google Translate.
WarthogCC

#822 Post by WarthogCC » 07 Mar 2017 05:05

airbus_sai wrote:why do you update cookie each tick, if you can just store "starting" time and odometer?
That might be why I notice sometimes the dashboards lag a little on a slower device.
airbus_sai

#823 Post by airbus_sai » 07 Mar 2017 05:36

m4rc10w, I did a <div style="display: none;" id="speed" class="truck-speed"> for every needed variable from dashboard.js, then read them in dashboard.html (speed = document.getElementById("speed").innerHTML). Not the best approach, but I couldn't find any other, too.
"Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of squirrels."
- J. Robert Oppenheimer, when asked about Trinity tests, as heard in Lost Years song.
m4rc10w

#824 Post by m4rc10w » 07 Mar 2017 22:10

I made a test here that I thought was cool (linear and gradual change of the brightness of the dashboard, depending on the time of day), download and test this version of the KW T680 dashboard and tell me what you think of the effect I put on it. Link https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8K5aW ... sp=sharing

[ external image ]
Sorry my bad English, it´s no my native language, then most my posts have help from Google Translate.
airbus_sai

#825 Post by airbus_sai » 08 Mar 2017 08:45

m4rc10w, looks nice, works good. :) I don't use these dashboards regularly, so I can't say much. But again I went through your code (that's how I learn coding, by reading others' people work. And it's very interesting, because every person solves problems differently). Very few things to point out:
1) Nature does not have straight lines with sharp angles. You can simplify lines 86-94 to just

Code: Select all

data.backgroundBrightness = 50-Math.cos(3.14 * totalMinutes /720)*50
MS Excel or LibreOffice Calc is your friend here, you can tweak a function until you get a perfect graph.
2) I have beacons on my truck... :D It would be nice to switch pages on the dashboard itself. That will require writing code in dashboard.html, however, and I understand why you did it your way. I would do the same, if all code needed to be in dashboard.js.
- J. Robert Oppenheimer, when asked about Trinity tests, as heard in Lost Years song.
m4rc10w

#826 Post by m4rc10w » 08 Mar 2017 19:29

@airbus_sai With this formula the result seemed to me better, I'm going to use it myself (I'm terrible with numbers and formulas :mrgreen: so I always go the way it seems easier, even if it involves a few more lines of code :mrgreen: and you seem to be good with it, since it's the second time you've helped me, including that formula of turbo pressure on volvo FH16 2009 dashboard, and I would not have thought to use cosine or something complex in a formula). I just put some parentheses that were missing, because initially the image was so bright that it was white around 12:00, after I made that change, everything was fine. Thank you.
Oh, and in addition to the best effect, this method of changing the brightness of the dashboard has greatly reduced the amount of lines of code in the HTML and the CSS files, and now only needs a single background image instead of three (plus the PNG file of the panel light).

Updated link https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8K5aW ... sp=sharing (and is already good, right? let's get another dashboard, because this I made many changes already :mrgreen:)
your code with my corrections was so (50% of brightness at 6:00 and also 18:00)

Code: Select all

data.backgroundBrightness = 50-(Math.cos((3.14 * totalMinutes)/720)) * 50 + '%';
As I do not use beacons, for me it was the only button I could use to switch the dashboard screens, and that maybe made more sense (better than stepping on the brake or turning on the high light for example). I did so because clicking directly on the screen sometimes gave problem (or too slow to occur the action, or the browser itself gave crash), so I choose to use a command that came from the game itself. I do not have enough knowledge to change the core of the Funbit app, my ability boils down to doing the skins with the properties I have at my disposal until he (Funbit) or someone with more knowledge than I can add any more (a property to the truck axle lift and also to the newly released diff lock, for example, would be welcome to increment dashboard icons, but I do not know how to add them, so for me it only remains to wait...).

[ external image ]
airbus_sai

#827 Post by airbus_sai » 09 Mar 2017 15:22

m4rc10w, you're welcome, it's nice to know someone's product contains a bit of my work. :) Gives me something to think about, too.

Last time I checked, Telemetry SDK released by SCS on their site didn't have differential lock. So it's not possible yet. And when it will become possible, I, too, will hope that Funbit will update this application. :)

EDIT: You may want to check turbo pressure again. Oil pressure is a lot more static in the last public beta.
miloguy

#828 Post by miloguy » 16 Mar 2017 01:35

you guys are incredible, the work you do here..
thank you! :D :D :D :D

how do I put these in to the serverthing so they show up as a selcetion
as well as the orginal ones that are there?
Life is a highway and I wanna drive it all night long!
m4rc10w

#829 Post by m4rc10w » 18 Mar 2017 03:05

Skin Dashboard - Ford Cargo 2842 (see txt file on RAR inside for important info).
Tested in Chrome with a 15" monitor plugged directly to PC (recomended, maybe slower in mobiles, because too much information to processing).

[ external image ]

Download link https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8K5aW ... sp=sharing

Video test http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npUcZ6hJhYs

[ external image ]
WarthogCC

#830 Post by WarthogCC » 25 Mar 2017 09:01

Do they actually have that truck ^^^ available somewhere for download? I can't find anything like that.

Return to “General discussion about the game”