ETS2/ATS Telemetry Web Server + Mobile Dashboard

sketch

Re: ETS2/ATS Telemetry Web Server + Mobile Dashboard

#871 Post by sketch » 17 May 2017 00:45

m4rc10w wrote:@sketch I try to make the panel as close to reality as possible (icons and position thereof, some onboard computer information, etc.) mainly based on Youtube videos, so do not add much other information. But you are free to edit according to your taste or need (and publish also, if wish) ;)
I definitely understand! It's really great work. I might have to try a Scania R next in ETS2 just so I can try your beautiful dashboard mod! Just have to find a place for my trip info ;)

By the way, can one connect multiple devices to the telemetry server? If so, I could put the truck dashboard on my iPad and use Mobile Route Advisor on my phone...
m4rc10w

#872 Post by m4rc10w » 17 May 2017 06:04

sketch You can connect any quantity of devices at same time you wish (I already connected 3 here to test purposes - one monitor and 2 tablets - and all worked well 8-) ).
My ETS2/ATS Custom/Edited Dashboards for Funbit ETS2/ATS Telemetry Server
https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/online ... p?id=25089

[ external image ]
Sorry my bad English, it´s no my native language, then most my posts have help from Google Translate.
Elderado704

#873 Post by Elderado704 » 21 May 2017 22:03

sketch wrote: That looks awesome! What is the amber icon for, under the headlight icon?

I modified mine as well, to add another page and with some clean-up and other changes:
It is the beacon light indicator. Could you possibly share the code you use to get the ETA? I just manage to get mine in a weird format.

[ external image ]

Thanks.
NEVER SHOW FEAR, SQUIDS CAN SENSE FEAR.
m4rc10w

#874 Post by m4rc10w » 22 May 2017 06:03

m4rc10w wrote:In the default skin is different, but searching in google, I found an alternative, as follows:

in the JS file (most of the work is here):

Code: Select all

// ETA
var date1 = new Date(data.navigation.estimatedTime);
var str = '';
str += date1.getUTCDate()-1 + " days, ";
str += date1.getUTCHours() + " hours, ";
str += date1.getUTCMinutes() + " minutes";
data.ETA = str;
in HTML file (adding "ETA" class):

<div class="ETA"></div>
and finally in CSS file (only a example, change according your case):

.ETA {
color: #ea0026;
font-family: Arial;
font-weight: normal;
font-size: 27px;
position: absolute;
left: 724px;
top: 472px;
width: 542px;
height: 36px;
text-align: left;
visibility: visible;
}
The result is show as "X days, XX hours, XX minutes"

Tested here, and worked with "navigation.estimatedTime" and "job.remainingTime" normally :)
Source: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1755 ... dable-form
@Elderado704 Try this code for ETA, and see if work for you ;)
My ETS2/ATS Custom/Edited Dashboards for Funbit ETS2/ATS Telemetry Server
https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/online ... p?id=25089

[ external image ]
Sorry my bad English, it´s no my native language, then most my posts have help from Google Translate.
Elderado704

#875 Post by Elderado704 » 22 May 2017 19:41

m4rc10w wrote:
@Elderado704 Try this code for ETA, and see if work for you ;)
Got it, thanks ;-)

[ external image ]
NEVER SHOW FEAR, SQUIDS CAN SENSE FEAR.
Rybak04

#876 Post by Rybak04 » 22 May 2017 22:11

sketch wrote:
Elderado704 wrote:I would like to give a shout out to m4rc10w for all the great dash skins as well as the help he gives out here on the forum. I modified your Kenworth T680 skin to better suit my needs and i could not have done it without you.

Thanks.
That looks awesome! What is the amber icon for, under the headlight icon?

I modified mine as well, to add another page and with some clean-up and other changes:

[ external image ]

I like to drive without Route Advisor so I like to keep the ETA, bed time, etc., on the dashboard. I've done similar mods to the Peterbilt 579 and Mercedes Atego skins, for my own use in each game.

m4rc10w, you make some really great skins! I can't wait to try them :D The only problem is, every time I buy a new truck, it takes me a couple hours to add all my trip info stuff to its dashboard, so I have less time for driving! ;)
Wish I could get a copy of this skin....Love it.
Grimples

#877 Post by Grimples » 23 May 2017 01:21

I understand that this will send dashboard info over the net to your mobile phone, has the developer tried doing this with the minimap, has the developer tried this with a laptop.
sketch

#878 Post by sketch » 24 May 2017 00:49

Rybak04 wrote:Wish I could get a copy of this skin....Love it.
I will try to remember to upload it somewhere over the weekend!
Grimples wrote:I understand that this will send dashboard info over the net to your mobile phone, has the developer tried doing this with the minimap, has the developer tried this with a laptop.
You can do it on any browser as well, whether on a laptop or even on the same computer in a different display.

Someone created a "Mobile Route Advisor", I think the link is somewhere in this thread. Be aware, the minimap only works on ETS2. Something about the map projection in ATS is weird, and the developer hasn't figured out how to make it work.
Grimples

#879 Post by Grimples » 24 May 2017 07:14

I have seen a discussion about players who would like to have the minimap on their second monitors, i certainly would, i keep forgetting what country am in, i just cannot remember where Solovakia, Hungary & Czeck are. If an non SCS developer can create plugins like this am sure SCS have the knowledge to do this. I have a 32inch & a 24inch both set to 1920x1080 btw. I'll go scour this topic now, TY.
mkoch227

#880 Post by mkoch227 » 25 May 2017 12:33

sketch wrote: Someone created a "Mobile Route Advisor", I think the link is somewhere in this thread. Be aware, the minimap only works on ETS2. Something about the map projection in ATS is weird, and the developer hasn't figured out how to make it work.
Since the ATS rescale, none of us on the ets2-mobile-route-advisor team have dealt with properly scaling the map because it's a major pain to work on it (we've gotten "close", but it's not 100% accurate). The only information the telemetry server provides is the truck's X, Y, and Z position, as well as X, Y, and Z rotation. Capturing the map itself takes from 1 - 6 hours (depending if it's the base map, or something larger like ProMods+Rusmap), and then slicing it into tiles for the mapping library to properly render it on-screen takes another 20 minutes. It's very time consuming and since none of us who work on the skin use it that much anymore, the motivation to work on it is quite minimal. If SCS (or anyone) could find a way to send the image of the in-game minimap, it would be relatively simple to display that image somewhere else. But right now I don't have the time to look into it.

Return to “General discussion about the game”