Public Beta 1.17 discussion

SkGe

Re: Public Beta 1.17 discussion

#271 Post by SkGe » 22 Apr 2015 18:11

So yesterday i downloaded over 1gb of update and my game used space over 10Gb, now another download with over 1Gb, and now my game tell me that disk usage is bellow 2Gb!? Something is wrong here!
Centrino2

#272 Post by Centrino2 » 22 Apr 2015 19:03

daking617 wrote:I do not know what this latest update changed in the physics but my cabovers no longer turn a corner when loaded. Not at all happy right now. When you try to take a curve, or make a turn all the do is slide right straight ahead and crash into things. Can not even get loads out of shippers.
So far I know the new DAF (EURO 6?) does this massive understeering whenever accelerating with a 19 ton trailer of dynamite (or maybe it was explosives) and of course this load would cause the tag lift to lower, if a truck handled like this in real life, I am sure officials would have taken this truck off the road and DAF would have to do a recall. I know the Iveco does not do this with all axles down, although this is the same truck that likes to pull wheelies with the tag axle lifted (I think it still does it in this update), but as for the other trucks, I think I did a quick drive in the Volvo and did not notice this (not very sure of this), and I have yet to test any other trucks.

We have these 6x4 trucks all over the USA along side with some reckless truckers here and there, but so far I have yet to see a truck or a US trucker talk about massive understeer while accelerating, and these are trucks that go up to 70 mph and higher (one time saw a truck that must've been doing 90+).

Until this is fixed, one of my unfortunate AI drivers with be driving the deadly DAF. Come to think of it, I don't think DAF would be too happy seeing how their truck is handling now in-game.
Flywheel

#273 Post by Flywheel » 22 Apr 2015 20:05

Yes I experienced that also with a Daf and a load of pipes, we all know we are in a beta phase, it will be fixed I am sure. Sure was a fright when the truck went straight on at the corner. :D
daking617

#274 Post by daking617 » 22 Apr 2015 20:52

My Volvo and Scania could not get out of the shippers with Excavators on in the 19t range because all they wanted to do is go straight. Now running a Man with 10x and it hauls fine. Yes the 10x package is a mod but need this to drive the trucks when doing heavy haul.
hippo

#275 Post by hippo » 22 Apr 2015 20:58

Another 1.2GB download? I am out of the beta and will wait till I can download it once. Back to 1.16 for me.

I have downloaded 3.5GB for 30 minutes driving ??

I can wait.
Mikeinva

#276 Post by Mikeinva » 23 Apr 2015 02:34

Fixxxer2467 wrote:This post refers to latest build (1.17.025(s)) 64 bit. A lot of earlier complaints about changes to the lighting and things seeming to be a little dark have been addressed. Finally you can drive at night without having to resort to using high beam on the headlights all the time. The daytime is also a bit brighter for me. With the other changes made to the sky it's creating some really beautiful hues at sunrise and sunset. Also in the middle of the two I'm getting quite realistic overcast skies where it's getting cloudy before it rains. Instead of it just suddenly getting dark and dumping the rain. I'm able to do quite long journeys now without a single glitch on hardware that to be fair was never intended for gaming. My cores are working less (I only have two of them) and less ram is being used. Glitching in town centres and around toll booths has gone. This has to be counted as a win given the stated aim of the updates we are currently testing.
To make my experiences of the update a fair test I have left all of my graphics settings exactly the same as when I was using the 1.16 version of the game. :D
Funny. I went to play this afternoon only to find that my previous load had been canceled and the mods I made to my renault had been reset back to the pre beta version. I snapped a few in game photos for my ETS2 album on facebook via my phone and a couple that are on my steam profile now. I'll see if I can add them to my world of trucks profile soon as well.....I would so love to have access to scandinavia right now though but we've onl got a couple more weeks to go till release.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#277 Post by Mohegan13 » 23 Apr 2015 07:57

Maybe someone can help me understand why SCS are bringing the Krone Megaliner to the game?

After loading it in blender, the model is the same height and length as the existing profiliner. From what I can gather on Krone's own site, the only real difference is the megaliner is height adjustable, so internal volume is the only real advantage.

From a game perspective, does it really add anything new? Wouldn't the Profi-Eco have made more sense?
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Reef

#278 Post by Reef » 23 Apr 2015 08:12

Perhaps they intend modifying the model further i.e. raising the roof to its full operable height? It would be nice to have at least an obvious visual difference though :)
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#279 Post by Mohegan13 » 23 Apr 2015 08:36

Perhaps. The model is clearly unfinished as it has missing texture files. Maybe it is just based on the earlier model to be edited.

New things are always welcome, but it would be nice to have obvious visual differences.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
thunderhawk

#280 Post by thunderhawk » 23 Apr 2015 09:32

Why the Mega Liner?
As posted before, these trailers (parts of) could already be found in STDS. Haven't touched the files of ETS2, so i can't say if these have changed since STDS.
We have seen the Krone Giga Liner in the scs-blog, before the release of ETS2 a long time ago.
And the Krone Giga Liner is a combination of Mega Liner & Load Carrier! ;) - Giga Liner pdf
This could be the simple explanation for the Mega Liner.

Anyway, whatever may come, i still love this game. And i am happy that scs still supports ETS2 and even expand it with new features.

Have fun with the game!

Best regards,
Stefan

Return to “General discussion about the game”