Euro Truck Simulator 2 on Windows 10

Leen

Re: Euro Truck Simulator 2 on Windows 10

#221 Post by Leen » 26 May 2017 12:18

I have tried Win10 for a couple of days and today I roll back to Win7, I have a non steam version of ETS2 and when I start ETS2 on win10 it won't start at all only in the 32bit version. Yesterday I found a work around to make ETS2 (64bit) work and it did.
Today I would start ETS2 and it won't again I did the same work around as yesterday and nothing works, I roll back to Win7 and I can start without issues ETS2.
Start Win10 faster? Noop for me Win7.
Are there differents between pllaying ETS2 on Win10 or Win7? and noop again.
The menu is horrible for me and the hibernate or sleep function won't work properly, the computer awake after a few hours.

So bye Win10, I may hope it will be a better OS over a couple of years.
Blackspots

#222 Post by Blackspots » 28 May 2017 03:35

Did you install the 32bit or 64bit version of Windows 10? I bet the reason why 64bit ETS2 wouldn't run is because you installed 32bit Windows 10.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
Leen

#223 Post by Leen » 28 May 2017 06:59

I had upgrade from win7 64 bit to win10 64 bit and as I said I have played ETS2 on time on win10 but the next day it won't launch anymore, I have tried everything.
Other 64bit games where working properly on win10 except ETS2, so I giving it up to searching for solutions because nothing was making ETS2 launch after one time.
Wolfi
Beta tester

#224 Post by Wolfi » 28 May 2017 07:45

My only question here is: did you update your Win7 to Win10 or did you go for a clean instal with drive formatting?
Because the "no differrence" you described kinda indicates the first option.
Since at least for me Windows 10 launches alot faster than 7 (like 4 times faster) and the game runs smoother aswell (it's only a 3-5 FPS boost, but still)
I do agree that Win 10 is not perfect and forced updates may get annoying, still I wouldn't get back to Win7 now and deffinitelly not going back to Win 8 or 8.1 :roll:
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
Centrino2

#225 Post by Centrino2 » 28 May 2017 08:06

Anyone got a problem lately with something in Windows stealing focus?
It pops up real quick and then disappears... If you can notice it.
Pretty sure Windows has all updates.
IonutL

#226 Post by IonutL » 28 May 2017 08:40

If it's like a command prompt window, i've encountered one named usoclient.exe, which is part of the Update orchestrator in W10.
On another note, just yesterday i read that some MS Office updates/scan for updates may minimize a game/program to the taskbar, without changing the focus to the previous window.
JESAN

#227 Post by JESAN » 28 May 2017 08:55

A small black window popping ?
Yes, can be related to Creative files (in my case sound card uninstalled but I cannot remove the remnants)
Centrino2

#228 Post by Centrino2 » 29 May 2017 04:47

Haevn't dealt with Creative cards ever since my last laptop..... which seem like it didn't really have a Creative card since the Creative software wouldn't update but oddly enough Realtek software would install and update.

Make me wonder if ASUS screwed up building the G60JX, last laptop before my desktop monster came into existence (probably a poodle compared to others :oops: ).

But yeah it is a command prompt that is popping up, Microsoft should know better. :evil:
Centrino2

#229 Post by Centrino2 » 25 Jun 2017 03:25

Good news everyone, I finally fixed that annoying command prompt pop up issue... by reinstalling Windows 10... full complete deletion (well really reformatting), but I kept finding a new way to screw up the install so I kept having to do it over and over again till I got it right (like that shortsighted way Windows would name your user folders if you sign in to your Live account first). Well, it's good practice to clear out Windows every now and then anyway... especially on my old laptop.

Anyway after that Windows does it critical updates before going any further and then it told me there was about 4 GB of updates it had to download but I could let it do it in the background... and you know Windows can handle itself when it automatically gets the latest drivers all on its own, (well except for the Realtek stuff) even on the old laptop that is not so cooperative after its NVIDIA 360M driver has been removed (usually NVIDIA software won't reinstall... or maybe it was the older laptop that did that). Restart, restart... and another restart... and then I see that I got that Creators update. Who would've thought that blue light could be so hard on the eyes. Very much liking the night light and it automatically turns off and (sometimes) on when playing games as well... doesn't work for YouTube though, and it can automatically schedule itself to turn on when the sun goes out and off when the sun comes up... based on time zone, location, and Daylight Savings (of course the screen will change colors... kinda looks like those super old displays when it does that).

Themes though have now been integrated into the Metro (I guess) UI instead of the old Windows 7/8/8.1 way, one less window to deal with but when you click desktop background... ya expect it to let you see the themes pictures and pick out which ones you want and don't want but nope, instead it takes you to YOUR pictures folder instead... well at least I know how to get to the hidden themes folder anyway... But it allows easier access to colors sounds and the mouse cursor... want more themes? That is now handled by Windows Store, which will probably be a better way to make sure every computer you get on has the full and correct themes... rather than just grabbing one picture from another computer when there are supposed to be over 10 more..... raasssss.

Yeah yeah I'm leaving out a lot of stuff such as easier DVR controls and easier one click access to Apps list.
jellowiggler

#230 Post by jellowiggler » 05 Jul 2017 17:06

Leen wrote: 28 May 2017 06:59 I had upgrade from win7 64 bit to win10 64 bit and as I said I have played ETS2 on time on win10 but the next day it won't launch anymore, I have tried everything.
Other 64bit games where working properly on win10 except ETS2, so I giving it up to searching for solutions because nothing was making ETS2 launch after one time.
This post is a bit old, but I thought I'd answer correctly for searches.

I have seen this happen on my computer and other's computers when overlay software is interfering. For me it was MSI Afterburner running a slightly older copy of riva tuner server. Once I updated to the latest version is was fine. It was quite a mystery why the 64 bit wasn't working, but the 32 bit was fine. Bad overlay.

Return to “General discussion about the game”