Pull-over areas on the Italia DLC highways

vulchor

Pull-over areas on the Italia DLC highways

#1 Post by vulchor » 10 Dec 2017 21:43

What are those pull-over areas on the main Italian highways from Italia DLC used for? I wish you could pull over and rest there, but sleeping is not allowed. Are they there to pull-over in emergencies, or to service your vehicle? I haven't seen sections like that anywhere else in ETS2, so are they only in Italy?
xXCARL1992Xx

Re: Pull-over areas on the Italia DLC highways

#2 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 10 Dec 2017 21:48

if your vehicle breaks down you have to get there if possible so you dont hinder the traffic, they are basically for emergencies
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Vinnie Terranova

#3 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 10 Dec 2017 23:57

And then what? If your vehicle breaks down, you have to go to a repair shop. Pulling over at one of those emergency areas doesn't fix your truck.
SiSL
SCS Software

#4 Post by SiSL » 10 Dec 2017 23:59

It is not made for "game", it is how it is in real. Game reflects reality whether it has a function or not in game.

We don't drive cars or busses, or trains, but game has it, right? Same reason...
organiczero

#5 Post by organiczero » 11 Dec 2017 15:31

I tend to use those as save spots when i have to stop playing for some unforeseen reason. Better than re-starting the truck in the middle of the roadway.
daniel_bel

#6 Post by daniel_bel » 11 Dec 2017 16:20

Not sure. If you do quit in the middle of the highway you just have to start again. Except a honk maybe, no trouble.
If you use those decorations as parking place, it's more realistic if you pretend you have something wrong in the trailer, but you have to get back into the traffic which is a risk.
If you have a minute or two to get to an emergency area, you probably can get to a real parking place or service area.

Just my own, private opinion. It's personal but I like them that way.
Domin Illum Mea
Born before Arpanet, playin' that way
Do you really believe Charles touched his nose?
johnporter29

#7 Post by johnporter29 » 11 Dec 2017 17:10

If you don't cancel your job and quit whilst your in the highway you don't have to start again, you continue from where you stopped withy our engine truned off etc. I've done it a couple of times when I've need to quit the game quickly.
johnporter29
Owner/Player of Euro Truck Simulator 2 & it's American brother!
PC: i9 9900K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070, 1TB M.2 (NVMe) SSD, 512GB SSD, Seagate 2TB, MSI 34" Curved 100MHz 1440p Monitor
xXCARL1992Xx

#8 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 11 Dec 2017 17:18

daniel_bel wrote: 11 Dec 2017 16:20 Not sure. If you do quit in the middle of the highway you just have to start again. Except a honk maybe, no trouble.
If you use those decorations as parking place, it's more realistic if you pretend you have something wrong in the trailer, but you have to get back into the traffic which is a risk.
If you have a minute or two to get to an emergency area, you probably can get to a real parking place or service area.

Just my own, private opinion. It's personal but I like them that way.
if you load the game traffic is despawned for a time so they dont drive into you
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
daniel_bel

#9 Post by daniel_bel » 11 Dec 2017 19:14

IF you remember where you are. That is after ten minutes.
When _I_ come back a day or two afterwards I have to turn on power, start the engine, wait for air supply, check the map, how much time I have before break, what city I'm going and what company, then put gear in and go back to the 'street'.
By this time a hundred of AI have spawned.
Domin Illum Mea
Born before Arpanet, playin' that way
Do you really believe Charles touched his nose?
xXCARL1992Xx

#10 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 11 Dec 2017 19:26

i dont care where i am, if i start the game on the highway i start driving and be done with the job
[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”