ETS2/ATS Fleet Monitoring System

airbus_sai

Re: ETS2/ATS Fleet Monitoring System

#41 Post by airbus_sai » 07 Aug 2016 18:10

New Version! And a minor one! You know what I thought would be cool... Mass surveillance. :D

What's new:
- Introducing geographic positioning! Application now collects coordinates of your truck and sends them to the remote server, where you can see them on a big map. Map is WIP, you can't really zoom in, so bring a big display along. 1366x768 is a recommended minimum for now. In-built browser scaling works.

How it works:
1) Download version 0.6.0 from link below.
2) Extract, launch TWE and app.
3) Open a file or save a file. Currently I differentiate people by their filenames.
4) Launch the game, connect the app. When you'll start driving, data collection will start.
5) Open roundowl.tk at port 8080. It will download a 6 MB map, be careful and patient.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z21bjqlx91l38 ... 0.zip?dl=1

---
This is that little project I was promoting days ago. If it will work, it will mean I can move all infrastructure to a deploy-able server which any VTC will be able to download and use. Another test is server usage: I'm located in Moscow, Russia. I have a 100Mbit line, forwarded to a dual-core laptop. We'll see how it goes, I'm monitoring.
Last edited by airbus_sai on 07 Aug 2016 19:09, edited 1 time in total.
"Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of squirrels."
- J. Robert Oppenheimer, when asked about Trinity tests, as heard in Lost Years song.
FalloutH4kk4

#42 Post by FalloutH4kk4 » 07 Aug 2016 19:03

Did you keep in mind of Map mods, especially Promods and TSM for ETS 2 and Coast2Coast for ATS? I mean, for the beginning this is nice and maybe for Multiplayer pretty good. (And please dont forget to give us the download link :D )
airbus_sai

#43 Post by airbus_sai » 07 Aug 2016 19:08

FalloutH4kk4, any map based around ETS2 base map will work. I was not able to find ATS map at the moment, nor find any pictures of modded maps.

By the way, thanks to Funbit for making this map. His signature is barely visible, but it's there.

Oh, I forgot download link. :shock: Thanks for mentioning. :)
- J. Robert Oppenheimer, when asked about Trinity tests, as heard in Lost Years song.
airbus_sai

#44 Post by airbus_sai » 08 Aug 2016 11:36

I tried making a map, but the tool for it does not work in the latest version directly. Some parameters are now obsolete. So ATS map and modded maps will have to wait.
FalloutH4kk4

#45 Post by FalloutH4kk4 » 08 Aug 2016 11:50

So since this map is (at least for me) an optional thing, I dont need to have modded maps support and I wont stress you to do so. You are doing a great work and maybe people can write down optimal values for the individual categories in a FAQ for Beginners and People, who want to optimize their fleet management.
airbus_sai

#46 Post by airbus_sai » 08 Aug 2016 16:22

Again, that would be great, because, first - I'm not a good writer (I used to live-write fairy tales over ICQ back in days, however...), and second - that would mean less work for me. :) I will explain values that are shown in the system below. Tell me if I got too technical here, cos' this is how I intend to describe them in the readme. Description assumes you were using one file and app was running all the time.

Right column (direct values):
- Engine running time is the time engine was working.
- Engine running time, idling - is time your engine was working and you were not pressing the accelerator, but engine was using fuel.
- Total fuel consumption is all the fuel consumed.
- Fuel consumed per hour is total fuel consumed, divided by engine running time. You want this to go down.
- Distance with trailer - total distance you covered with trailer attached.
- Transport work is how far you moved how much cargo. It's tonnes multiplied by kilometers.
- Average weight is average weight of your deliveries. Calculated as transport work divided by distance with trailer.
- Max. vehicle/engine speed is your "records" - you really want them to be reasonable.
- Distance with cruise control is how much you drove with CC on.
- Coasting distance is how much you drove while not pressing the throttle, i.e. downhill.
- Brake applications is how many times you pressed the brake pedal.
- Harsh b.a. is how many times you braked long enough to lose more than 3200 (km/h squared). I did this to be fair to keyboard users, who I am. You can't brake partly on keyboard, you press the pedal to the metal. But if you lost that much energy - it's a harsh braking.

Left column (calculated values):
- Transport work, average - measures how much work you did per liter of fuel. You want this to go up. It won't go up if you use strong truck and light cargoes.
- Avg. fuel consumption is how much fuel you spend per 100km of road. You want it to go down.
- Idling % - how much time your engine spent idling (look above) out of all working time. You want it to go down. Advice - turn engine off at traffic lights, don't coast in neutral.
- Engine overspeed % - time your engine spent near it's RPM limit, within 100 RPM to be exact. You don't want this at all.
- Speeding % - is time you accelerated while being more than 5 km/h over the speed limit. I.e. intentionally speeding. 5km/h buffer is because in England city speed limit is 48, and CC jumps from 45 to 50. Normally you don't want that, large speeds are bad for fuel.
- Driving outside optimum engine speed band - time your engine was driving the truck outside 900-1600 RPM range, which is optimum for most of diesel engines. Does not count coasting and engine braking, does not count speeds below 10 km/h. You normally don't want that.
- Brake apps #/100km is how much per 100 km you pressed the brake pedal. You want this to go down.
- Harsh b.a. #/100km - same for harsh braking.
- Harsh accelerations #/100km - same for aggressive accelerations. Starts counting when your truck exceeds 1600 rpm with throttle over 70%, stops when you release the throttle, counts if you gained over 3200 (km/h squared) during that period. Again, made for keyboard users.
- Coasting % - important metric. Measures how much distance you covered coasting with no throttle, out of total distance covered. You want this to be over 20%, the more - the better. This accounts for a lot of things, all coming down to using the momentum of your truck. I can write a separate post about it, but you can go, for example, to Scania's website and read about Opticruise and driver assistance.
- Driving with vehicle warning - is how much distance you covered with over 15% damage to your truck. You normally don't want this at all. Maintain your truck and avoid collisions.
- Driver support (Avg. score in %) - TBD, when I obtain a full manual to one of the driver support systems. :)
FalloutH4kk4

#47 Post by FalloutH4kk4 » 08 Aug 2016 16:30

You can put this explanations as a explanations.txt file in the next release and when the people using this and getting optimized values, this also can be stored in another txt-file.
airbus_sai

#48 Post by airbus_sai » 08 Aug 2016 16:41

I intend to include green-red arrows, along with warnings, into the web-interface. This will be more graphical and understandable.

---
If you were unable to access the site for the last 30 minutes, I apologize. Single-threaded python server was not able to cope with 50 requests per second from single IP address. I'll look into that.
FalloutH4kk4

#49 Post by FalloutH4kk4 » 08 Aug 2016 16:46

This is a great idea. At least for the Average Fuel consumption per 100 km I can say that a value of 35-37 is pretty good, everything below 40 l/100km is good.
airbus_sai

#50 Post by airbus_sai » 08 Aug 2016 17:59

News! You can zoom and pan map now! Required some 10 lines of code, I missed them yesterday.

Ctrl+F5 the page if it does not work, that will re-download the page, ignoring the cache.

Return to “General discussion about the game”