ETS2/ATS Fleet Monitoring System

airbus_sai

ETS2/ATS Fleet Monitoring System

#1 Post by airbus_sai » 26 Jul 2016 12:44

Hello!

First of all, big thanks to Funbit for making his awesome Telemetry Web Server. He made this application possible.

I like keeping track of my journeys in the game, so I've made an app that collects and processes a lot of information about your truck as you drive it. It's a very useful tool for monitoring your virtual truck company fleet, as well, inspired by real world fleet management services.

Fleet Monitor System helps you identify and act upon the key details needed to increase the productivity of your fleet. Monitor technical data remotely by vehicle and by driver: fuel consumption, consumption in the green zone, percentage of time spent idling, number of times the brake pedal is pressed, etc. I've taken extra care to make sure the information you get is accurate and reliable.

[ external image ]

Installation

- Download and install Funbit's Telemetry Web Server. ROFMS works through interacting with Telemetry Web Server's REST API.
- Download release from links below and extract it.

Usage

- Launch Telemetry Web Server, and either Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator.
- For better experience go to Drive mode and assure that Telemetry Web Server gets the information from the truck.
- Launch telemetry_app.exe from the folder with extracted files.
- If you previously used the application, press Open and choose previously saved file.
- Set IP address to the address of Telemetry Web Server, then press "Connect".
- When done driving, press "Save" and choose file name in form of "Your ID.json", save it in the same folder.

Using the web application

- Open "index.html" in your favorite web browser with JavaScript support.
- It will read all files saved in this folder and display them for you.
- If you've got data files (as described below) from another source, launch ROFMS (the game and TWS are not necessary), open the file you've got and save it in the folder with the app.

Transferring data to another person

- Send "Your ID.json" through any means of data transfer.
- "Your ID.0.json" contains very first data package you saved and will be used for trends monitoring.

Transferring data to your site

- Copy ./data/accountsList.json from the site to ROFMS/data/accountsList.json.
- Open ROFMS.
- Open the file you wish to upload.
- Save it.
- Upload updated "data" folder to your site.

Downloads
Github page: https://github.com/roundowl/ets2-teleme ... ent-python
Github release: https://github.com/roundowl/ets2-teleme ... tag/v0.7.0
Direct link (Github): https://github.com/roundowl/ets2-teleme ... -0-7-0.zip
Direct link (Dropbox): https://www.dropbox.com/s/xhh5po8mhw1w1 ... 0.zip?dl=1
Adfly link (Dropbox): http://adf.ly/1ihTT4

Known Issues
None.

What next

- Web-server deployment package.
- Basic geo-positioning. Looks easy to do, will probably be done in few weeks.
- Advanced tracking and routes. Depends on the amount of data generated.
- Rating system and driver scoring. Needs complete scoring system.
- Filters, goals, warnings.
Last edited by airbus_sai on 25 Jan 2017 16:10, edited 17 times in total.
"Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of squirrels."
- J. Robert Oppenheimer, when asked about Trinity tests, as heard in Lost Years song.
plykkegaard

Re: ETS2/ATS Fleet Monitoring System

#2 Post by plykkegaard » 26 Jul 2016 13:16

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Drooling :o

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Yukine

#3 Post by Yukine » 26 Jul 2016 14:25

Sounds amazing! I will have to test that tonight. :mrgreen:
Modders forgot sometimes there is also a life, so work on your speed. Don't think ''People need it fast.'' -Milan1NL
airbus_sai

#4 Post by airbus_sai » 26 Jul 2016 14:40

Glad you liked it. :) If any problems arise, tell me and I'll fix them.
- J. Robert Oppenheimer, when asked about Trinity tests, as heard in Lost Years song.
airbus_sai

#5 Post by airbus_sai » 26 Jul 2016 16:18

Fixed few bugs (they weren't there, I swear!) and added one metric.

https://github.com/roundowl/ets2-teleme ... tag/v0.4.3
Yukine

#6 Post by Yukine » 26 Jul 2016 20:09

Time to jump on ETS2, I'll try to post you a feedback later today or tomorrow.

Edit: Don't be an idiot like me, check that you're not running Telemetry Server in "test" mode first. :|
Last edited by Yukine on 26 Jul 2016 21:24, edited 1 time in total.
Modders forgot sometimes there is also a life, so work on your speed. Don't think ''People need it fast.'' -Milan1NL
Cadde

#7 Post by Cadde » 26 Jul 2016 20:34

Neat, awesome idea!
On extended hiatus.
airbus_sai

#8 Post by airbus_sai » 26 Jul 2016 22:04

Thanks for the kind words. :)

Bruno_G, if it makes you feel better, I spent about 20 minutes today searching why the code does not work, and turned out I had telemetry server reading from json file. :)

By the way, looks like I fixed the "warp" issue. Game does not tell via the telemetry if you're using "warp" command, so I had to find my way to fix the timescale. I didn't have much time to test it - it's night already, but looks like the fix worked.

https://github.com/roundowl/ets2-teleme ... tag/v0.4.4
Yukine

#9 Post by Yukine » 26 Jul 2016 22:06

I think an explicative page of the values would be good, for people who are not familiar and/or not great English speakers.

Your application is easy to use, the stats are good looking.
I did only a 77km job (I did forgot to remove the "test" value of Telemetry server before).
http://puu.sh/qfvQR/bb98db8ff9.png

If you drive at really low speed (0/1kph), you can falsify the average speed. Before starting the 77km job I did a small run in a company yard and my average speed was about 20000kph past. :lol:

A good thing to make would be to store the .json in a folder, like \ROFMS-X-X-X\accounts\ to avoid having too much files (for large companies).
Also, personally, I would like to have just way to change the header (e.g. a .jpg image in the main folder).

I'm looking forward the future updates and features. Nice work already. :mrgreen:

(edit) PS: Tomorrow I will try to drive more with new .json, because 77km is not enough and the current file got beaten up by my game running badly. And, kudos because I like owls.
airbus_sai

#10 Post by airbus_sai » 26 Jul 2016 22:18

Bruno_G, I guess it's not the fact that you drove 2000km over the yard, but that in the first and second frames of telemetry it jumped from 0 (because telemetry server was not working) to your current odometer value. Same happens to fuel value. I'll fix that tomorrow morning, it's listed in the known issues.

I had the idea of having data folder (literally "data" folder) and even did it, but then removed it due to amount of bugs. I'll return to it, it's more convenient.

About HTML header - agreed, a file would be easier. Currently it's a link in the HTML file itself, I'll change it.

And documentation is underway. I just need to sit down and finish it, in human English.

Return to “General discussion about the game”