[scs wish] External/additional Lights - Hotkeys

Stuferus

[scs wish] External/additional Lights - Hotkeys

#1 Post by Stuferus » 03 May 2017 19:15

hello SCS-Software,

please consider to add the ability to set hotkeys for the external/additional lights.. i mean the to checkboxes in the F4 menu.. these need hotkeys to i can toggle them without pausing the game. its really minior, but would add 1 more % of realism to the game. why? becouse real truck drivers have switches for them too. :) - and no you dont have to model the switches for this.. the hotkeys would be more than enough for right now :)

thanks you very much.
Stefan
xXCARL1992Xx

Re: [scs wish] External/additional Lights - Hotkeys

#2 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 03 May 2017 19:18

what you mean are high beams they are on if you activate them wit the key for the normal light

what frustrates more is that the game decides to deactivate the front and roof lights without saying anything
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
FlyingPigeon

#3 Post by FlyingPigeon » 04 May 2017 06:33

i only have them turn off when i visit the upgrade shop, it reset the settings for lights. that said i only have extra lamps for show because the normal highbeam is enough light for seeing what i need.
OP i think keybindings for that would be waste of buttons i believe many wouldnt use it including myself.
Scandinavian truckdriver.
marcel-dutch

#4 Post by marcel-dutch » 04 May 2017 06:55

+1 for the idea! :idea: :mrgreen:
Stuferus

#5 Post by Stuferus » 05 May 2017 13:26

CARL1992 wrote:what you mean are high beams they are on if you activate them wit the key for the normal light

what frustrates more is that the game decides to deactivate the front and roof lights without saying anything
are you sure you know what i mean?

thats why thay need hotkeys.. i dont want to press f4 to turn them on again..
Stuferus

#6 Post by Stuferus » 05 May 2017 13:28

Bocaj wrote: OP i think keybindings for that would be waste of buttons i believe many wouldnt use it including myself.
i dont think so.. you dont have to map a button if you want.. i want to map a key on my keyboard for both.. the tickboxes in f4 could stay.. just there is the option to assin keys in the game options - for optional use.
xXCARL1992Xx

#7 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 05 May 2017 13:29

yes but normally you activate them once and every time you activate the high beams the roof and front lights on the bars you install will activate too

the lights on top of the truck between the beacons
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AvHeepWB1JlIoAL4XRhu6MZ_YCMy

but sometimes the game decides to reset this setting for me and i have to activate the option again
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
FlyingPigeon

#8 Post by FlyingPigeon » 05 May 2017 18:22

like carl say, you dont switch them on off every time you use them, you switch them on and mostly stay that way, the f4 funtion serve the purpose for extra light perfectly imo.
Scandinavian truckdriver.
Stuferus

#9 Post by Stuferus » 05 May 2017 19:36

well i dont think so..

thanks for all your comments on this.

whats more important for me is.. how thinks scs about this?

i want the hotkeys becouse it turns off/forgets the last state every time.. and dont want to f4 every time (which stops the simulation aka time).. also in mp i have to stop the truck becouse it would stop time.. i want to press a key while driving.. like in reallife to turn them on and off without time stoping.

just make it a bit more realistic and as a side effect getting rid of the "stop your truck to do this" thing in the mp mod :D

so scs.. what do you say? could i please have my hotkey for my roof and bumper lights? thank you :D
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#10 Post by Mohegan13 » 05 May 2017 19:42

Forget the hotkeys. Just make it so they always default to enabled instead of disabled. :P
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.

Return to “General discussion about the game”