Where's the non-steam France DLC?

Mohegan13
Global moderator

Re: Where's the non-steam France DLC?

#61 Post by Mohegan13 » 27 Dec 2016 10:14

truckerpaal wrote:No news isn't exactly good news.
TBH, in this case I would say the opposite is true. If they weren't planning on doing a disc only version, then they would likely have dropped that bomb by now.

You have to remember that SCS do not work to publishers dead lines like other developers do, which means they didn't have access to a "finished" product until around the same time it appeared on Steam. They might have had boxes ready, but the DVDs still need to be mass produced.

If you really want an answer try emailing one of the official publishers like Excalibur (UK one) all it takes is a quick "Hi will there be a non-steam pc boxed option in the future as I do not use Steam." and your question will be answered. Probably.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Markus

#62 Post by Markus » 27 Dec 2016 11:04

It's quite remarkable that no one from SCS has answered yet - they do read these forums so probably it means something. If they were sure to release a non-Steam version, they would perhaps have given a statement by now. Could be that it's not yet decided or that there are legal hurdles in the way. There is no non-Steam version of American Truck Simulator so it might be that there won't be one for ETS2, either ...
Rhythmosaur

#63 Post by Rhythmosaur » 27 Dec 2016 12:10

With all due respect, the guys deserve a christmas - and new year's break, don't they?

You might have seen that bug reports also have been left unanswered so far, but a non-steam version, as somebody in here correctly pointed out, should be sprayed thoroughly before it is released, because updates are more awkward to do for non-smokers, umm steamers.
So that's what probably slows the process at the moment.

My guess is that they planned to let the remaining bug reports flow in over new year, so they can take care of them in one go next year and then release the non-steam version. If one is planned, of course. I agree in so far that they have not said No right from the start, so it MIGHT mean they still work on it.

You and me, we do this in our freetime. For them, it's their livelyhood, and you probably know how wives react when you bring home your work. As always, real life and family go first. Let alone the fact that you wanna do other things in your freetime if your job is hacking code into keyboards all day long.
Hire Kriechbaum!, please!
truckerpaal

#64 Post by truckerpaal » 27 Dec 2016 13:01

Markus wrote:It's quite remarkable that no one from SCS has answered yet - they do read these forums so probably it means something. If they were sure to release a non-Steam version, they would perhaps have given a statement by now. Could be that it's not yet decided or that there are legal hurdles in the way. There is no non-Steam version of American Truck Simulator so it might be that there won't be one for ETS2, either ...
ATS were meant to be a digital release from the very start without doing a physical release on its own, so that explains it all. By the time ETS2 was released and onwards, they told us more frequently that Steam and digital release was the future for them.

- Why isn't Euro Truck Simulator 2 approved by GOG.com? That way we could have nearly all the benefits and features Steam users are getting.

I'm not childish and I won't quit playing ETS2 if there is no expansion for us, I will keep playing with the current patch release and the map extensions I have at hand at the present. :)
Markus

#65 Post by Markus » 28 Dec 2016 10:28

Sure they deserve a break, I never said anything different! No rant needed, I don't expect anyone to answer now but to refresh from the year's work ;)

Anyway, the question of a non-Steam release has remained unanswered since the release of the expansion so that's a different story and I think that might be saying something about whether a non-Steam version is to come or not.
Alex_K

#66 Post by Alex_K » 10 Jan 2017 12:01

We are still waiting for a answer from you SCS!
thanks with the best regards
Rhythmosaur

#67 Post by Rhythmosaur » 15 Jan 2017 12:23

By now, I do agree. At least a yes or no.
Houston, umm, Prague, we've got a problem!
Anybody home?
SOS SCS!
Hire Kriechbaum!, please!
Max
SCS Software

#68 Post by Max » 18 Jan 2017 11:33

support for legacy (= non-steam) game version still exist, including some dlcs.
look into support section on our site ...

we just do not propagate it much, as its quite a waste.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#69 Post by Mohegan13 » 18 Jan 2017 11:46

https://www.eurotrucksimulator2.com/support.php

Look for "Where can I find the Legacy version" though I urge people on the fence about migrating to Steam to give heed to the warning about the code not being Steam compatible. If you ever plan to use Steam, you won't be able to take legacy VLFrance with you.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
brandyboy1945

#70 Post by brandyboy1945 » 18 Jan 2017 12:05

Moh1336 wrote:
truckerpaal wrote:No news isn't exactly good news.
TBH, in this case I would say the opposite is true. If they weren't planning on doing a disc only version, then they would likely have dropped that bomb by now.

You have to remember that SCS do not work to publishers dead lines like other developers do, which means they didn't have access to a "finished" product until around the same time it appeared on Steam. They might have had boxes ready, but the DVDs still need to be mass produced.

If you really want an answer try emailing one of the official publishers like Excalibur (UK one) all it takes is a quick "Hi will there be a non-steam pc boxed option in the future as I do not use Steam." and your question will be answered. Probably.
From Excalibur. I guess this answers the burning question that SCS haven`t guts got to answer themselves.

Sadly there will not be a non steam version of vive la france available.
The Developers (SCS Software) are moving to an entirely steam based system in the near future and will only release dlc on steam in the future as well.
Regards
Tim

Return to “General discussion about the game”