Hi, when in ets 2 new renault?.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

Re: New renault - when?

#2 Post by Mohegan13 » 06 Dec 2016 16:33

When the have the license for it?
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Yukine

#3 Post by Yukine » 06 Dec 2016 18:07

Use the search function. You'll get at least an infinity of threads about the same question.
Modders forgot sometimes there is also a life, so work on your speed. Don't think ''People need it fast.'' -Milan1NL
Stuferus

#4 Post by Stuferus » 06 Dec 2016 23:42

when the paintjobs are done and the internal closed beta is started and finished..
a bird told me there is no closed beta done yet.
Chrodazar

#5 Post by Chrodazar » 07 Dec 2016 02:20

I am to lazy to look up how long it has been since any new trucks have been added to ETS2 (and it has been a while) but, if they say no new trucks without a license, what can ya do?

They could always look at truck manufacturers that have a smaller part of the markets, donno is Ford is out there...

We might need to wait till they do move into a Russian map (DLC) then they could look at trucks being made there to bring into the game. :mrgreen:
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#6 Post by Mohegan13 » 07 Dec 2016 09:48

Stuferus wrote:a bird told me there is no closed beta done yet.
I'm still waiting for the closed testing of the w900 and Pete 389. :|
[ external image ]
TomDooley

#7 Post by TomDooley » 28 Dec 2016 16:35

Well, it would be nice to get an official statement about the Renault T by an SCS member instead of wannabe- wiseguys and others that also have nothing of value to contribute.

But if it's a licensing issue AGAIN - Why is it so hard for SCS to only advertise items that are 'in clean sheets' or give straight answers even on uncomfortable questions?
RTobi

#8 Post by RTobi » 28 Dec 2016 16:59

They said it often enough that the main reason is licensing and sometimes the time it takes to create the truck ingame. They never really give any updates on the current status except it's the case like we had with Paccar (when they were allowed to announce the W900 & Peterbilt 389 from the early beginning).
Think about it ... Is there any other company like EA or Rockstar giving you recent updates on their progress? No. That's the point. No. No one from SCS will give you an update.
TomDooley

#9 Post by TomDooley » 28 Dec 2016 17:42

I don't mind that it takes time to develop/integrate the truck in-game. And I also don't mind workers having a Christmas vacation.

But I dislike advertising a model that might or might not happen, announced as if it was ready to be released - with the minor issue of legal problems in LATER fine print.

Especially since the ATS debacle which arrived with TWO trucks form ONE company at release time with a lame "sorry, we have problems with all of the other brands". It doesn't build any customer's trust to get lured in with shiny pictures and a "cannot deliver" later on. Currently we have 4 models of 2 brand names, but still from one company.

Whatever. We'll see if we ever get new (read: current models) ETS2 trucks other than by talented modders. Have a nice break and a happy new year.

Tom
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#10 Post by Mohegan13 » 28 Dec 2016 17:56

Anything SCS says will be scrutinised by current interests and future interests, so they have to be careful about what and how they say things. There's no point giving weekly or monthly updates to say "the exact same thing we said last time". If there is no new news from SCS then there is nothing new to tell, how hard is that to understand?

If the licensing situation had changed we'd know, because it would either be in the game or they'd be posting "coming in the next update" type posts on the blog. Sure it would save a lot of hassle for SCS if they didn't tell us anything at all and only tell us things that are 100% ready to go, but in doing so they lose out on promoting their own product, as a result interest falls and that could have more damaging fall out than a few miffed, self-entitled persons that want everything now now now.

SCS want us to know that they are working on something that is highly requested, it really isn't their fault when lawyer X fills his boots with lead so he can drag his feet a little longer. In theory, if lawyers weren't so grinchy we'd have several new trucks by now in both games.

If there is new news SCS will tell us when they can, if they are saying nothing publicly it is either because nothing has changed or they currently aren't able to.
[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”