New renault - when?

jaws

Re: New renault - when?

#51 Post by jaws » 22 Mar 2017 15:50

If i was Director of Renault or any of the other trucks brands. Heads would be rolling out! Seriuosly, i would lay off all those that was in charge of marketing/license.

Try ask Scania how much extra sales they made from the day SCS released ETS2(i dont know if there was in ETS, since i never played it.). But im pretty sure they would say they earned more money because of the advertisement they got from SCS and not just in trucks, but also in all other merchandise from Scania.
8-) I am Always on latest patch.
Forum TUT! SCS Support->-> support@scssoft.com
I dont use mods....(Or maybe i will soon again..)
xXCARL1992Xx

#52 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 22 Mar 2017 17:10

they have made exactly zero extra sales do to ETS2 why should a normal person buy a truck ? maybe 1 to 10% of ETS2 players are truckers than 4% of them not from Europe and the rest doesnt have the money to buy a truck or a valid reason to own one

and because of the license lets be serious a lawyer can talk like there is no tomorrow and you would believe them, because he's a lawyer right ? he cant lie right ?

SCS should release the Range T as a mod for every one tu use so they dont need a license for it giants does it to with farming equipment that you can download in the mod store
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Reinhard

#53 Post by Reinhard » 22 Mar 2017 17:33

I'm not a lawyer nor I want to be.

But I don't think that's the way to go for SCS. The design and the logo are still copyrighted. Many gamers will tell you that this doesn't matter. As long as you don't earn money with it. Well, if they say so...

First: Where is the proof? Internet wisdom as a factual standard? That the little modder usually isn't sued says nothing. Small pockets, not deep enough.

And then: SCS is a business. To make money. If they release this as a free mod no sane businessman will believe them that they didn't do that to increase sales of the other stuff. Plus it would make any future deals with manufacturers even more difficult.
xXCARL1992Xx

#54 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 22 Mar 2017 18:12

https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2017

here an example

why publish it as a mod and not directly in the Game from the start or as a DLC you have to pay for ?

and SCS can publish it under another name as a modder not as SCS themselfs
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Reinhard

#55 Post by Reinhard » 22 Mar 2017 19:15

Example? An example that somebody does something proves nothing, really nothing about if it is legal or not.
CARL1992 wrote:and SCS can publish it under another name as a modder not as SCS themselves
Great. Cheating. If such becomes known (angry ex-employer tells the copyright owner), SCS may be could get sued even more, who knows.

And now a full stop for me. Exchanging legal arguments from gamer to gamer leads to nothing, I'm afraid. Plus, wife is calling... :D
TwinShadow

#56 Post by TwinShadow » 23 Mar 2017 00:48

GIANTS probably has other licensing agreements they can't talk about that allows them to do that. Of course, this is all speculation anyway. Just because one company can do it, doesn't mean another could.

Plus, mods aren't 100% safe from the likes of lawyers either. I said this in a steam topic before, but in short, people who make mods are also at the risk of trademark and copyright infringement. Just that, in nearly all cases, it doesn't make sense for the legal teams to go after them and usually at most it would probably be a Cease & Desist order.

There's a whole multitude of things that goes on behind the scenes that us normal people don't really see, if at all, at any point in our life time.

Technically though, SCS provides all the trucks in free updates anyway. Just that they have never been given the official sign-off for one reason or another. All we can do is just wait and stay patient.

Return to “General discussion about the game”