New renault - when?

MazTrucker

Re: New renault - when?

#11 Post by MazTrucker » 29 Dec 2016 11:51

I really want an update about the state of the Renault T release.
What's going on? Are they just waiting for an approval from Renault?
It's been so much time since we've first heard of SCS working on this truck. I just can't understand why. And SCS don't talk much about it, which is annoying.
They said something about licencing but they were a bit evasive about that.
Can't they just be clear? For exemple "We are still waiting for RENAULT agreement to release the RENAULT RANGE T Truck that we've been working on".
A clear statement, not just some kind of hint or such.
Stuferus

#12 Post by Stuferus » 05 Jan 2017 02:11

TomDooley wrote:Well, it would be nice to get an official statement about the Renault T by an SCS member instead of wannabe- wiseguys and others that also have nothing of value to contribute.

But if it's a licensing issue AGAIN - Why is it so hard for SCS to only advertise items that are 'in clean sheets' or give straight answers even on uncomfortable questions?
my source was an scs employee.. so i hope you didnt mean me with "wannabe wiseguy" ;)
MazTrucker

#13 Post by MazTrucker » 19 Jan 2017 17:49

You can find the RTA Renault T mod v6.2 for free on several web sites, just for those interested to know, if not already.

I tested it, it's awesome. And it has its own interior and sounds. Working great on up to date ETS2.
DWVTLtd

#14 Post by DWVTLtd » 12 Feb 2017 09:30

I reckon I know the reason.

I wonder if someone official from Renault UK and/or their commercial vehicle decision has seen a certain Twitch streamer & has initiated discussions with SCS behind the scenes to delay or even postpone indefinitely the release. Maybe RUK have had enough of the trolling & knocking of what was Truck Of The Year 2015.
xXCARL1992Xx

#15 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 12 Feb 2017 09:50

they don't care what one Streamer says about there Truck (and i think i know witch Streamer you mean) because Renault in general has not a good reputation even Top Gear says so

and who cars i don't think one of the viewers would ever buy a Truck would they ?

and than there is more the issue of Volvo because they own Renault Truck not Renault
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#16 Post by Mohegan13 » 12 Feb 2017 10:07

If Renault cared about one streamers opinion based on never driving a real Renault truck, I think Renault would have gone out of business long ago from the sheer stress of dealing with humans.

I don't care much for the tree dwelling rodent, but I think if he was genuinely causing issues between SCS and Renault, they wouldn't have him as a media reviewer any more. Simple fact is, like him or not, he is good for SCS.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
DWVTLtd

#17 Post by DWVTLtd » 12 Feb 2017 10:21

Hi

Fair enough, good points all round, thought I'd put the idea out there. There is hope after all :).

Anyway back to my Scania T470...

PS: did you know it is pronounced "Scarnia"? I learnt this from someone who comes from Malmö.)
Trident R.S.

#18 Post by Trident R.S. » 12 Feb 2017 10:58

CARL1992 wrote: ....and than there is more the issue of Volvo because they own Renault Truck not Renault
I think every brand has is own marketing office, and can give the license in total independence.
Ferrari is owned by fiat, but i doubt the owner can say any word on what Maranello decide.
xXCARL1992Xx

#19 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 12 Feb 2017 11:05

i think it is a difference if the company has holdings (Ferrari with Fiat) or was bought (Renault Trucks by Volvo) so Volvo has more say what happens with Trucks from Renault then Fiat has Rights to decide what Ferrari has to do
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
MrCapital

#20 Post by MrCapital » 12 Feb 2017 11:35

DWVTLtd wrote: PS: did you know it is pronounced "Scarnia"? I learnt this from someone who comes from Malmö.)
You should stop listening to that guy.
[ external image ]
- retired modder - do not disturb -

Return to “General discussion about the game”