Public Beta 1.27 discussion

Murph

Re: Public Beta 1.27 discussion

#171 Post by Murph » 20 Mar 2017 06:46

Max wrote:… depends mainly on our QA guys decision …
Careful, Max, publicly admitting to radical things like allowing the correct people to make the important decisions could cause the brains of AAA executives to explode. ;-)

@tbar, it sounds like you probably know this, but text comms have had people missing the tone since before the days of 300 baud modems (for the young folk, that's 30 characters per second (approx) using Bell 103 / CCITT V.21 over analogue voice telephone circuits giving a raw 300 bits/s). Even with a smiley, it can be misinterpreted just which bit of a message that applies to. It will always happen, just need to de-escalate and move forward.

@Cristino: Having done a quick experiment, it looks like you are using the "Diva" rear bumper? From what I can see, the inner two lights either side seems correct to me for reverse, as the indicator lights still need to function in reverse (they are the outer two white lights on that bumper, and will use an orange coloured bulb rather than a filter). Both reverse and brake lights are typically 20–25W, but the red filter on brake lights cuts the perceived light level a bit. The real issue here (if any) seems to me to be the way the graphical bloom from lights is handled with HDR enabled; it seems to generate excessive white bloom when that is turned on in graphics options, and is much more reasonable with HDR disabled. I'm not sure if there's a tuneable just for bloom from lights.

For future reference, this is one case where a picture really was not worth 1000 words, as it didn't tell us what specific issue you were concerned about or quickly identify the actual bumper. The picture was useful to see what you are seeing once we actually know what we should be looking at.
cip

#172 Post by cip » 20 Mar 2017 15:25

Dear Max, since you and your team solved the License Plates warning bug (or whatever it was), don't you think it's wise to update already the version 1.26 instead of only correct the game version 1.27 which is not even out in non beta version. besides many players, me included, will stay for a while in 1.26 due to mods incompatibility and so would prefer to have the game nicely working.
thank you in advance
regards!
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#173 Post by Mohegan13 » 20 Mar 2017 15:36

1.27 IS the update for 1.26.

This is how they normally updates. The take care of as many bugs as possible during the beta windows, then push out public build when they think they have gotten most issues. It is rare that they will update old builds, usually only for the serious things like crashes and such. Removing a warning in the log doesn't seem to be worth the hassle of forging a new build for 1.26.x.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
cip

#174 Post by cip » 20 Mar 2017 16:44

depending on the bug size, as far I understood from Max, it was rather a mistake on the number of allocated number of total license plates. so this could have been corrected in a minor update of 1.26 I suppose. but ok, it does not matter that much if they won't do it. I don't want to upset anybody, especially because SCS team continue to update and improve this game and I do appreciate their work. we could however help them with suggestions and ideas.
and as for 1.27 there are actually 2 things that could be corrected now while still on beta:
1. Ai vehicles have no longer the arbitrary decision to turn left or right, basically all vehicles found on 1st line will turn right at next T intersection and all from 2nd line will turn left.
2. Ai vehicles are no longer stopping at the entrances of garages as in 1.26. we appreciated that idea which could have only been improved by reducing spacing to the next stopped vehicle. for even more realism, a random rule could have been introduced (some to stop and some to not stop)
I have quit SCS forum...
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#175 Post by Mohegan13 » 20 Mar 2017 17:05

I find #2 to be really disappointing.

I know there were a few issues with this behaviour, but I really felt the benefits outweighed any negatives. I really hope they add it back in for 1.28 if not sooner. I do think that it will return though.

If you remember the Christmas trailer with the big Goldhofer, it would stand to reason that the AI was changed to make way to help us get this big trailer out of companies. I could be mistaken of course, but it does make some sense. So I think it will return in the future.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
RudiRaser

#176 Post by RudiRaser » 20 Mar 2017 18:16

cipinho wrote: and as for 1.27 there are actually 2 things that could be corrected now while still on beta:
1. Ai vehicles have no longer the arbitrary decision to turn left or right, basically all vehicles found on 1st line will turn right at next T intersection and all from 2nd line will turn left.

can´t confirm that. ;)
Reinhard

#177 Post by Reinhard » 20 Mar 2017 18:45

He's talking of two-lane T-crossings. Like in Amsterdam/Rotterdam. That traffic changing to the right lane isn't an optimal solution. But better than before.

Could be cleaned out only with traffic lights, I'd say. Such big crossings without traffic lights would be a nightmare, in the real world, as well. At least if it is rush hour.
RudiRaser

#178 Post by RudiRaser » 20 Mar 2017 19:06

Reinhard wrote:
Could be cleaned out only with traffic lights, I'd say. Such big crossings without traffic lights would be a nightmare, in the real world, as well. At least if it is rush hour.
yes that´s true. junctions like that are really a pain in the...........
cip

#179 Post by cip » 20 Mar 2017 20:37

of course, I am talking about 2 lanes T intersections like in Amsterdam. just look carefully, you won't see any vehicle changing the lane. true, you won't see stuck vehicles trying to change the lane neither, however the ai traffic kinda lost realism with this new behavior and indeed if you need to turn left, think twice :lol:
I have quit SCS forum...
RudiRaser

#180 Post by RudiRaser » 20 Mar 2017 22:06

i not noticed that before. why you not reported that? maybe they don´t know it? maybe it will help?
or maybe they will tell us it's is a feature. :lol:

let´s see.

Return to “General discussion about the game”