Public Beta 1.27 discussion

cip

Re: Public Beta 1.27 discussion

#41 Post by cip » 09 Mar 2017 12:07

Thank you Murph, very detailed reply and good advices, I should try by myself to judge then the graphic performances and you are right I can revert back easily. still this is a forum so I wish to have others' opinions as well ;)
I would like to understand in terms of modding, what kind of mods requires absolutely an update. I am currently very happy with the multitude of mods I use (mostly maps, trucks, trailers and traffic) and I am not willing to spend more time to update these (at least for a while) if will work well in 1.27
as for LP warnings (you are right are warnings not errors) are only disturbing in 1.26 from the perspective of spawning the game log with useless lines and can't see other (more important) messages
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...
Bandit & The Snowman

#42 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 09 Mar 2017 12:13

Use grep -v on the game log before browsing it :mrgreen:
No, seriously, the warnings are gone, you're good to try. And my oldish 7850 still performs fine with both games, so your card should too.
Wolfi
Beta tester

#43 Post by Wolfi » 09 Mar 2017 12:23

cipinho wrote:what kind of mods requires absolutely an update.
Every mod that adds a model to the game, so: truck, trailer, AI car, map, etc... Those will have to be updated eventually, but 1.27 is backwards compatible, so most 1.26 mods will work just fine, they will just give you game.log warnings. Still, if you are unsure, you can always backup your saves, opt for 1.27 and if you don't like it, switch back to 1.26.

As for the graphics, 1.27 introduces new model format (that's why mods with models need an update), an this model format utilises GPU, instead of CPU for model rendering (or something :?). This allows PC's with a weaker CPU to get a small FPS boost. I'm not entirely sure how this affects high-end machines, but I've seen some people saying that they didn't notice any change at all. Of course, if you are already somehow pushng your GPU to it's limits (not sure how that is possible really) I guess you may have a small FPS drop? :? (haven't heard of such sitation though)
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#44 Post by Mohegan13 » 09 Mar 2017 12:26

Warnings are signs that something needs to be updated. They could be warnings now, but changes in future versions can easily change those warnings into errors or worse; crashes.

Hiding them from the log is just burying your head in the sand. It doesn't make the issues go away. Though it might improve your FPS a little since it's not constantly writing to the log. :P

For the earlier point regarding pushing GPU too hard: I have a GTX 750Ti running at 200% scaling with everything else on High/Ultra. My normal FPS is around 45. Since this PMG version update I now have 58FPS and I'm considering putting scaling up to 400%. I can honestly say this change has had no negative affect on my GPU, temps are barely any higher than they were and I see only improvements in game.

More likely he has a lot of out dated mods and the pmg warnings are constantly writing to the logs turning his performance into treacle.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
bumbumek

#45 Post by bumbumek » 09 Mar 2017 12:33

Damn, what am I reading in here? 1.27 patch means worst performance, and more fps drops? :o :? :o I have four year old PC (with i5 3570K 3,4 GHz and EVGA GTX 770 2GB on board), so I should expect even more fps drops???
galimim

#46 Post by galimim » 09 Mar 2017 12:35

Read again. It is exactly the opposite.
ETS2:
Real Tires Mod
Search for Drivetrain Revision mods!
Truck fix doctor
ATS:
Real Tires Mod
Search for Drivetrain Revision mods!
Truck fix doctor
SiSL
SCS Software

#47 Post by SiSL » 09 Mar 2017 12:35

No, it does not. Opposite...

Also cleaning your obselete mods will help too :D
Last edited by SiSL on 09 Mar 2017 12:36, edited 2 times in total.
piva

#48 Post by piva » 09 Mar 2017 12:36

I see game optmization in 1.27, but some place like Odense - my truck reloaded (truck reinit) 4 time while going across.
Wolfseye

#49 Post by Wolfseye » 09 Mar 2017 14:49

I havent tested Beta 1.27 myself yet, but what I already found was many people saying that this requires sooo many Mods to update, which can take a long time potentially. Why not put in a system, like with Minecraft, where I can stay with a certain version of the Game until for example, the Mods I am using maybe have been updated to work with the latest version. The way it is now, once Steam updates ETS2 to 1.27 (after the Beta), i have to live with the fact that most of what I really like about the Game or what the Mods provide me with, are not working anymore. At that point, I might loose interest in playing just vanilla.

Dont get me wrong, I love devs that really care for their Games and continue to update, i really love that. Because too many dont care for that. But, if its a Game thats heavily extended with Mods (which i bet most people use in one way or another), it would be at least up to me to keep playing that Game the way I like it, with the Mods i like, on the Version the Mods still work for. And once Mod authors update their Mods, then one could change to the latest Version.

I am not very long with this Game, and I already use so many Mods which provide a lot of pleasure to me. Knowing, that probably in a short amount of time, I am kinda forced to play Vanilla again until all those have (if ever) been updated, thats not what makes me stay with this Game in the long run. Especially if that happens more often.

Please, think about providing a sorta launcher, like Minecraft doesm, where I can circumvent situations like that and still can enjoy the Game the way I like. ;)

Thank you very much.

Wolf
I might get easily frustrated and say something wrong on occasion, but I never really mean it. Please do what I often cant, dont take it too personal. And please forgive me. Thanks guys. :)
Bandit & The Snowman

#50 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 09 Mar 2017 14:55

Retail (non-Steam): Don't update.

Steam: Game properties > Betas > temporary_1_26 - 1.26.x for incompatible mods

That simple.

Return to “General discussion about the game”