solution for a "real" sleeping system

TruckerMartin

solution for a "real" sleeping system

#1 Post by TruckerMartin » 18 Mar 2017 14:32

If we would have a timber with a stick, wich I can move:

0h-96h for example or more and I can move the stick (button) where I want.

If I move the button to 15 minutes, I can make a brake 15 minutes, or I move the button to 0h-0.1h I can make a brake for 1 minute and so on....

Or I can make brake 3 days (0-96 minutes)....
xXCARL1992Xx

Re: solution for a "real" sleeping system

#2 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 18 Mar 2017 14:33

0.1h would be 6 minutes not 1

but the idea is not bad sometimes i wished to sleep for 1 or 2 hours to get the rest of the tour finished without skipping 8 to 10 hours
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Wolfi
Beta tester

#3 Post by Wolfi » 18 Mar 2017 17:42

Current ingame sleeping system is "real". Well normalised anyway.
In Europe after you have driven your truck for certain ammount of hours (depending on the country) you are REQUIRED to take a full-time break. You cannot drive for 11 hour, then sleep for 1 hour and then drive again.
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
Tigerclaw

#4 Post by Tigerclaw » 18 Mar 2017 18:11

The current sleeping system can't be classed as "normal" or "realistic" in any way I'm afraid.

For a start, the game day is too short, then I believe the drive time is a constant 11 hours, and I "beleive" rest time is 9 hours. This is actually reversed for the way it should be. Your driving time is 9 hours, and normal rest time should be a minimum of 11 hours in any 24. You can drive 10 hours a day TWICE a week max, but should not exceed 90 hours driving over two weeks.

Why any of this hasn't been picked up and changed is anyone's guess.

You can't even "try" to run a normal day by turning off the fatigue mode, because the freight market is timed for 11 hours driving and a 20 hour day. So the delivery is more often than not LATE.

I very rarely use the freight market now due to this unacceptable error. I use the WOT contracts 99% of the time.
Tony
Andy_GTI

#5 Post by Andy_GTI » 18 Mar 2017 19:54

Turning off fatigue and using Suprics tachograph mod with the use of the console achieves near perfect realism.
TruckerMartin

#6 Post by TruckerMartin » 19 Mar 2017 04:55

For example: If I dont have start a contract, I would like to start at 7:00 am, driving to 9:00 am make a short brake 15 minutes breakfast

After that, I would like to drive until 12:00 make lunchbrake for 1 hour then I would like to make the contract finish (would be cool, if the custumer has got open and close times). So when I arrive at 9:00 pm I need to make a brake again until the custumer opens again - or I could choose a contract, or make a contract with customer I can deliver in night. If dont have such contract, I need to wait, until the customer opens again (timewarp to the next open time).

That all need planed with the:

-) time to deliver
-) where can I sleep? rest areas?
-) open and close times from customer
-) night delivery?
-) immediate delivery
-) heavy haulage (special transport,...) -> only allowed drive in night

And If the weekend ingame is comming, I cannot have a "long" weekend (Saturday, Sunday), bec. I can only warp the time 3 times

And I would like to have a point, can set the breake during loading and unloading the fright.

That all could be possible with my idea.
CXN2615

#7 Post by CXN2615 » 19 Mar 2017 14:57

Even Airline, Airforce or Space Agency doesn't have a very accurate mathematical model to predict human fatigue.
If we had one, I'd love it apply to something like "The sims", and stay the "fatigue simulation" options off in a truck or airplane this kind of simulator :D
TruckerMartin

#8 Post by TruckerMartin » 20 Mar 2017 03:21

For me, I am turning of this excisting useless automatic sleeping system, bec. I cannot set the sleep times for myself and that is what I want

I want to set the sleep times as much and how long as I want and warp the time as much as I want
Murph

#9 Post by Murph » 20 Mar 2017 03:31

The one thing I'd really quite like to see is being able to sleep longer than the minimum. I very often prefer to drive mostly in daylight, and resort to using g_set_time before sleeping to achieve that, or double sleep. It would be very nice if the UI had an (official, not via the console) option to say "sleep until 7am" or similar, but with a minimum that reflects the minimum legal rest period.

A slight relaxation of the time limit for non-urgent jobs might be quite nice as well, for those of us that both stay within the speed limit and prefer daylight driving.

I'm not sure that it needs to be 100% the same as real life legal driving hours, just some more flexibility in the system would be nice.
Roadkill

#10 Post by Roadkill » 20 Mar 2017 10:25

Tigerclaw wrote: I very rarely use the freight market now due to this unacceptable error. I use the WOT contracts 99% of the time.
I would use the WOT contracts more if it wasn't for the speed limit. I'm no hot rod but some areas I like to get through quickly. It also makes it difficult to pass. Sometimes a little speed is handy for certain AI traffic conditions. If you're doing 90kmh and some of the AI are doing 150 they tend to appear out of nowhere on your blind side making switching lanes a real hazard.
---- Rockies Back. This time HE'S at the wheel. Look out stoopid hoomans.

Return to “General discussion about the game”