More AI Trucks

derricklaw

More AI Trucks

#1 Post by derricklaw » 29 Apr 2017 22:38

I don't know if anyone else has thought of this, and what difficulties may be involved, but I will put my thoughts down. It may be that this would overload the program too much for the average users, but I have been thinking about the use of AI trucks in the program. I've been using ETS2 almost since it's inception, and it has come a long way since then. It always was a much bigger improvement on ETS, and after all the upgrades, it is a wonderful program, being closer to reality in most cases. There is this one area though. AI traffic is great, and I supplement it by using Jazzycat AI traffic in it's many forms. But there is an area that is not realistic, and wondered if this can be included.
when you go into a service station, sometimes there are other vehicles there and you have to wait before getting fuel. But when you go to your own garages, or pick up or drop a load, you never see any of your AI trucks in your garages, or any others (unless you use the 'can opener' mod), and you never see other vehicles coming and going from quarries, supermarkets, goods distributors, building sites etc. If there are any other vehicles there, they are stationary. It would be nice if it was possible for AI traffic to be involved in these areas as well, because in reality, they would be, and you would have to give way to them, go around them, and all the other sorts of things that happen in real life. We already get AI cars and trucks doing stupid things on the roads to keep you on your toes, so it seems there is room to insert this kind of setup in the game.
In every other respect, the game just keep getting better and better, and I delight in playing it.
What do other people think of this idea?

Return to “General discussion about the game”