ETS2 Heavy Haul thread

pigbrother

Re: ETS2 Heavy Haul thread

#111 Post by pigbrother » 22 May 2017 16:23

Also, that's a special tractor unit with supplemental ballast space. Unlike our 4x2, that tractor unit is unable to haul semi-trailers.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
Centrino2

#112 Post by Centrino2 » 27 May 2017 09:10

Boy that fishtailing from the heavy haul trailers can get really annoying.

Ya make one turn fine then you make another turn fine, there is the yard, you turn into the yard then suddenly... you get a fine for hitting a car..... wut? Checking around the truck you then realize..... the damn trailer fishtailed into the other lane into a car.

Ya make one turn, fine, then another, there's the yard, ya turn left thinking there is no way it can go wrong.... then suddenly your truck stops.... check around the truck.... damn trailer fishtailed into a lightpole......

Driving along leaving Poland heading to France, I check Route Advisor Diagnostics..... trailer racked up 3% damage..... no idea how that happened.... other maybe I changed lanes and a typical idiotic AI car (that should have way stronger brakes), that I couldn't tell whether it was far away enough or not, rear ended the trailer and I couldn't tell... now see..... that's how set too low speed limiters can cause crashes..... or maybe the damn trailer fishtailed into a sign or scraped along a guardrail.

Ya backing it in and getting really close to the other trailer... you turn your truck a bit to get a sharper turn... then ya scraped the other trailer... or

Ya want to straighten it out after getting really close to another trailer, ya backing it in to the right.... you turn left to straighten it out.... then da damn trailer fishtailed into the other trailer.

See... I try to get there with no damage done to the truck or trailer... by the way how can a hit on the trailer damage a truck's cabin and chassis when the force was nowhere near enough to even put a dent on the trailer? Did better with separate trailer and truck damage back in 18 WoS: Haulin'. (could whack the trailer around and the truck would be fine, a few years ago this worked fine in ETS2)

It seems easy enough....... until you find out that it just seem unavoidable........ cause you didn't see it coming.... who the hell said this was easy?
xXCARL1992Xx

#113 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 27 May 2017 09:23

truck and trailer damage is separate

for the truck you get a massage that you have damage taken but i dont care, they should implement this massage for trailer damage

but i never damaged trailer while parking, the most obvious one would be the fish tailing
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Centrino2

#114 Post by Centrino2 » 27 May 2017 09:43

nope....

It's separate to a point, but even just scraping the trailer a bit shows up as cabin and chassis damage, a few years ago that didn't happen at all in ETS2. Funny thing is scraping the trailer doesn't damage the trailer but it damages your truck.

Of course, slamming your truck into that sleazy AI police car that dinged ya at da damn French tollbooth just as the speed limit makes a final sharp dip... that event shows up as truck damage and not trailer damage as expected.

But the steering axles do help me with backing.... as well as make finer adjustments more difficult.
pigbrother

#115 Post by pigbrother » 27 May 2017 09:47

Yeah, now you have to be careful for the other side of the trailer. :))

Those narrow exits/entrances with a median and guard rails on both sides are the worst. The trick is to cut the corners like you would do with a automobile or an lone tractor unit, close the the interior of the curve, the wide turn not only would lead you close to opposing lane, but when you'll try to correct the trajectory, the trailer wheels will turn hard (according to the 5th wheel angle) and you'll fishtail those poor suckers in your path.

As for Poland.... did you pass through toll gates? Because I'm not the only one saying that's somethign wrong with those toll gates since... half a year or so.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#116 Post by Mohegan13 » 27 May 2017 09:52

I haven't noticed this behaviour. I find the trailers follow the truck exactly, in fact they are so precise I can turn through those old tight motorway junctions (like the one just outside the Channel Tunnel before it got an overhaul) much faster than standard trailers.

I do still get random damage, but none of them seem to be AI related (or the game didn't want to fine me at all). I plan to do a run at some point with AI turned off, just to see if I get less damage.

Truck </> Trailer damage is 0.2 (which I assume is 20%?)
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Centrino2

#117 Post by Centrino2 » 27 May 2017 10:04

@pigbrother yes I did go through a tollbooth... maybe two?... but I don't think the damage came from there but I don't know how it got there in the first place.

@Moh1336 most of the time when damage occurs on my heavy hauls I know it must've occurred because the trailer fishtailed into something and I didn't see that it was going to do that. But anyway thanks for the truck/trailer damage coefficient (would be embarrassing if I used that word incorrectly I don't say it often), now Imma gonna disable it until SCS does better in that area.
juizzysquirt

#118 Post by juizzysquirt » 27 May 2017 10:04

pigbrother wrote:As for Poland.... did you pass through toll gates? Because I'm not the only one saying that's somethign wrong with those toll gates since... half a year or so.
Do mean having trailer damage after going through (with standard trailers), even when there's no visual indication you've hit something? I think the hit box is too narrow in front/back edges of toll gate lines. I've noticed that sometimes if I start switching lanes too early (even when trailer shouldn't hit concrete barriers anymore) I get 1-3% trailer damage without even realizing. Now I've made sure I'm driving dead center and a little further to leave extra clearance just in case. I don't remember having this problem when I first started playing few years ago, but then again I'm playing with Promods and Jazzycat trailers...
pigbrother

#119 Post by pigbrother » 27 May 2017 10:15

Yes and yes. Yes, that's the symptom, and yes, I drove through those gates without any problem for years even I was a less careful driver back then. There is a bug report filed, but no change for now.

Moh1336, indeed, the trailer follows the path of the tractor unit, but if you forget about this and try to make a standard wide turn, you can have surprises. Yeah, the old Calais exit is the prefab I was talking about in the previous post. Sometimes I forget about the new turning radius of the trailer and when I make the exit (moving towards the train shuttle for old Calais), the right side of the back of the trailer will hit the guard rail. :))
IonutL

#120 Post by IonutL » 27 May 2017 10:48

I can relate to that mistake myself. I'm just used to watch only my left side mirror when exiting through that prefab, so i bumped the trailer a few times before i get used with it. But never try to back up at that point, it's useless and from there only bad things can happen.

Return to “General discussion about the game”