We want TURKEY dlc, please!

SiSL
SCS Software

Re: We want TURKEY dlc. We can't wait any more.

#41 Post by SiSL » 17 May 2017 06:26

Don't forget Greece; True; Romania, Macedonia, Bulgaria and Greece has to be in before logical to follow for both E5 & E80 up towards edge of Europe / Bosphorus.

And salute :)
Wolfi
Beta tester

#42 Post by Wolfi » 17 May 2017 06:28

TBH, I don't care about all this geo-politics-cultural BS you guys started above, and I don't really care how many ETS2 fans live in Turkey (apparently not that much, since we got Turkish paintjobs DLC only recently), what I care about is mapping logic.
Right now, between current map and Turkey, there's a massive map hole, even bigger if you don't own Going East DLC. This hole needs to be filled first and seeing as SCS now goes for quality and road number rather than actual DLC map size, I highly doubt we will see Turkey anytime soon.
Don't get me wrong, I don't have any issues with Turks, or Greeks, but realistically speaing the chances of us getting a Turkey or Greece included in any DLC this or next year are close to none.
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
Shurpecks

#43 Post by Shurpecks » 17 May 2017 06:32

SiSL wrote:Actually when you look at map back side of Euro bills, my entire life in EU borders for some reason...
Part of Russia (Kaliningrad region), is located much closer to the center of Europe than the European part of Turkey. Residents of the North-West of Russia also living close to the EU border.

Following the logic of the TS, (there are more game owners in Russia than in Turkey), Russians should scream and stamp their feet, that they can no longer to wait and'll refuse to play game if the developers do not make a map of Russia "immediately, wright now, i sad, everithing else not important, we have no patience anymore..."
Last edited by Shurpecks on 17 May 2017 07:35, edited 1 time in total.
SiSL
SCS Software

#44 Post by SiSL » 17 May 2017 06:33

To be honest, I'd rather like original map upgrade (not even road remake) to current map assets/textures than seeing new expansions. I really dont like to travel outside of France or Scandinavia. I teleport if necessary :D
Axel Slingerland

#45 Post by Axel Slingerland » 17 May 2017 06:53

Wolfi wrote:Right now, between current map and Turkey, there's a massive map hole, even bigger if you don't own Going East DLC. This hole needs to be filled first...
Exactly... Turkey has about as much chance of being included in a DLC right now as New York does in ATS. There's too much non-map distance to cover in between.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Shurpecks

#46 Post by Shurpecks » 17 May 2017 07:00

SiSL wrote:To be honest, I'd rather like original map upgrade (not even road remake) to current map assets/textures than seeing new expansions. I really dont like to travel outside of France or Scandinavia. I teleport if necessary :D
Me too, but i think the next one is something like "Going South" - Spain, Portugal, Italy and, i hope, continental part of Greece (connected by Ferry, i don't think that they'll do Romania and Bulgaria unfortunately).

I try to get last achivement in WoT - "Longest journey", which in my opinion should name "Iron ass" :D, that's why my "teleport" is Rotterdam-Hull-Esbjerg :D
pigbrother

#47 Post by pigbrother » 17 May 2017 07:10

Romania? We have just 750 km of highways, ffs, we are ashamed enough already without the DLC, thank you very much.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
Shurpecks

#48 Post by Shurpecks » 17 May 2017 07:17

You mean "Freeway". Constanta-Bucuresti ready at the moment, isn't it?

I more prefer a "regional" roads, Freeways enough on the other part of map, and in Romania beautifull landscape IRL, i like it.

You've got your own paintjob pack, earlier, than Dutchs, dont'be upset ;)
Last edited by Centrino2 on 17 May 2017 07:33, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Read Forum Rules
pigbrother

#49 Post by pigbrother » 17 May 2017 07:35

Freeways, my bad.

Yeah, that one is completed for 3 years or so. However, the freeways network is lacking because we keep electing morons. The current state is this one and we didn't even manage to close the gaps around Bucharest. :(

http://www.130km.ro/romanianhighwaymap.gif

But yeah, we have some pretty landscape. :D
I have approximate knowledge of many things
MandelSoft
Beta tester

#50 Post by MandelSoft » 17 May 2017 07:53

So, you want a Turkey map DLC? All right, let's see what we need.

Well, first of all, we need time. Lots of time. How much time? Three months? Six months? Well, if you have been paying attention over the past few years, you see that it takes over a year to complete a map DLC with the current quality. So even if we were to start right now (which we don't because we have another map DLC to work on), you wouldn't be getting it before the summer of 2018. And throwing more money at it won't help; Only extra man-power helps and although money can help to hire people, they often lack the experience (and sometimes the knowledge) to work with the tools and it takes a few weeks (or months) to get them up to speed.

The second problem is more problematic: how do you even get to Turkey from the current map? As other people mentioned already, you need at least two additional countries before you can get to Turkey. Since SCS doesn't like single corridors, it's likely that these countries will be developed completely too. And this will also take a huge chunk of time, probably as much time as it would take to make Turkey itself. Add another year to the plan...

And finally, there is one logisitcal issue: if you make a Turkey DLC given that you have managed to solve the two issues above, you have a dependency problem: you need at least one specific DLC to be even able to play the other DLC, a situation SCS is desperately trying to avoid because this introduces problems we don't know how to handle yet with our customers. And this is the final reason why Turkey is not even close to being developed.

TL;DR you will have to wait anyway. But most likely it's not in planning due to several big problems.
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”