euro coach sim spoiler

husni_1210

euro coach sim spoiler

#1 Post by husni_1210 » 13 May 2017 17:27

i dont know what is this, when i copy camera def to my mod, and then i find that. i doubt they still making coach sim, but for what scs team put camera rotation bus to their def (1.27 version) you can check it by yourself. good news for coach fan.
Last edited by Axel Slingerland on 16 May 2017 02:34, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Attachments are for Bug Reporting Only. Please use external hosting services for other purposes. Thank you.
FlyingPigeon

Re: euro coach sim spoiler

#2 Post by FlyingPigeon » 14 May 2017 08:50

we havnt heard of it for ages, so wouldnt put my hopes up, would be nice though with some buses too :)
Scandinavian truckdriver.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#3 Post by Mohegan13 » 14 May 2017 09:18

Do you really think they would go through the hassle of licensing coach models (which I imagine isn't cheap) just to scrap the whole thing?

Yes it's been a while since they talked about it and it's likely they paused progress to work on more important things from time to time, but that doesn't mean they stopped all together. You have to take into account that this is essentially a different game code, sure the map will be the same, the driving system will be mostly the same. But there's a lot of additional stuff that needs to be coded and this could take years to get right, which it has been in fairness.

I wouldn't be surprised if coach DLC comes as a different module within the game because of the changes required either.

Whether it is coming this year, next year, or later remains to be seen. But I have no doubt that they are working on it to some degree. If Pavel hadn't already told us about having some licenses already, then I too would think maybe it has been scrapped. But they have some, so I really wouldn't see them wasting that.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Axel Slingerland

#4 Post by Axel Slingerland » 14 May 2017 09:24

Not to mention, there are buses in the game, and they've been there since 1.5.4 that I know of.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Reinhard

#5 Post by Reinhard » 14 May 2017 12:08

The point is: this file wasn't there before 1.27.x.

Any "behind rotation" is a camera you use for your own vehicle. So whatever this means, it isn't related to a coach already present in the AI.

If this means *something*, it is a hint that coaches aren't dead. On the other hand, the real "base" or however you want to call it is for sure bigger than what we get, and all the unused fragments that were spotted over the time always could suggest something, but also can be explained by a simple configuration error, happening on nailing the release. This file can be an accidental remnant from 4 years ago, slipped through by error. Or perceived as a strong indication. Whatever you want. :D
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#6 Post by Mohegan13 » 14 May 2017 12:12

Just to add to that; remember when Scandinavia DLC launched and they left in the megaliner and load carrier... Yeah. Been a long time but they are finally coming in 1.28 doubles.

So just because files are left there now, doesn't mean will see anything else about them this year. :P
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
danbywinby

#7 Post by danbywinby » 14 May 2017 14:10

I remember when Squirrel did an "Inside SCS Software" video and in that video you saw several SCS Software employees working on coaches. So I've always believed that it's not a dead project but instead it's just a low priority project that is slowly being worked on by a small team.

And after SCS Software announcing that after 4 years doubles are finally coming to ETS2 I now have even more reason to believe that eventually coaches will also come to ETS2.
TwinShadow

#8 Post by TwinShadow » 14 May 2017 14:29

The Euro Coach stuff was likely just shelved for a while so that SCS can prioritize on other things for both games. SCS does have a tendency to do that it seems as evidence now with the double trailers finally coming to both games.
Ilmiont

#9 Post by Ilmiont » 15 May 2017 20:32

With the rest of the thread... it's a sign, but it could imply many things, depending on how optimistic you are :)

As for me, I've mentioned many times across this forum before, I'm still waiting for coaches to arrive whenever that may be. Hopefully by going slow and steady it will be polished if/when it arrives, and maybe we'll have several licensed brands too.

The other trouble with coaches that comes to mind regarding licensing is that for many of them they may have to effectively license twice - clearly I know nothing of this process, but what if, for instance, you want to license a Plaxton? I presume you'd have to get approval from Plaxton and Volvo to put the badges on the back. Same for many others - although it's slowly changing, coach industry still sees a good measure of body-on-chassis work, which could prove very irksome to licensing whole vehicles successfully. That's probably why they started all those years ago with the Scania Touring - an integral coach from one manufacturer. Maybe that means we'll see Volvo 9900 / MAN Lion's City / Mercedes Tourismo rather than the Plaxtons /VDL/Jonckheeres/VanHools I'd like to see. All speculation of course.
Ilmiont on World of Trucks

EU: 2012 Volvo FH16
US: 2016 Kenworth W900 / 2015 Volvo VNL
pigbrother

#10 Post by pigbrother » 18 May 2017 07:00

Could anyone enlight me why Coach DLC is such a long lasting subject? I know why I like this game and I understand the impatience for new trucks, heavier loads, doubles and such. But a coach is kinda light, the load is more or less the same and it doesn't look challenging at all.

And no, I'm not mocking anyone, I'm just curious why coaches would be so great that we`re talking about then for... 3-4 years?
I have approximate knowledge of many things

Return to “General discussion about the game”