Centrino2

Re: Some old situations need change but new scania it priori

#11 Post by Centrino2 » 25 May 2017 01:38

Why did SCS remove the moon and fog?
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#12 Post by Mohegan13 » 25 May 2017 07:07

Shurpecks wrote:Scania devs have a good relationship, but what's wrong with MAN? (Both trademarks are in VW concern now).
Scania AB is its own company with it's own legal team. They are not owned by VW, VW is the parent group which means they have a controlling interest through stock ownership. But Scania is still Scania, their trademarks and copyright are their own. Not VW directly. SCS approach Scania for licenses.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
xXCARL1992Xx

#13 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 25 May 2017 07:29

or in this case Scania offered SCS the license without much back and forth
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
pigbrother

#14 Post by pigbrother » 25 May 2017 07:53

Moh1336 wrote:
Shurpecks wrote:Scania devs have a good relationship, but what's wrong with MAN? (Both trademarks are in VW concern now).
Scania AB is its own company with it's own legal team. They are not owned by VW, VW is the parent group which means they have a controlling interest through stock ownership. But Scania is still Scania, their trademarks and copyright are their own. Not VW directly. SCS approach Scania for licenses.
Just like MAN. VW has a 75% ownership in MAN SE, while a full 100% ownership on Scania AB.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
Shurpecks

#15 Post by Shurpecks » 25 May 2017 08:06

Centrino2 I think it's about graphic optimisation.

Moh1336 Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF trademarks and copyright are their own also except PACCAR engines (they belong a group).

CARL1992: Look's like you are wright.

I'm always has been interested - who pay to who? Devs to company? Or maybe they pays to devs for advertising?
xXCARL1992Xx

#16 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 25 May 2017 08:14

the devs pay the company (Scania, Volvo Trucks, Renault Trucks, MAN, DAF, Iveco, Mercedes-Benz Trucks) and so they can use there copyrighted materiel (logo, design, technical stuff)
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
-Raiden-

#17 Post by -Raiden- » 25 May 2017 11:21

pigbrother wrote:As a matter of fact, the game used to have foggy weather at some point. A few weeks ago I found this old screenshot in my Facebook timeline. It was taken in 2014 and I know at that time I didn't use any mods. But at some point the foggy weather was removed, just like the moon.

I tried to find when those features were removed but I haven't found any relevant information. It was before 2016 because ATS was fog-free from day one.

http://i.imgur.com/T3lLzvU.jpg
I think all that disappeared when they introduced the new lighting and day/night cycle system to the game. I've been playing ETS2 since December 2012 and I can remember what your screenshot shows. But that fog was only a side effect of rain / thunderstorm weather. I don't think there was any standalone foggy weather.

Concerning fog lights: The Stralis Hi-Way has fully working fog lights, even though they are connected to the low beams in the game. And the Scania Streamline has those inner pair of fog lights light up when using high beam, but only as a weak lightmask without any lightflares...
But I agree with most of the others that it's not a major flaw. It would be nice to have, but nothing more...

And when it comes to the AI, well...
It's not perfect, but anyone who has played ETS2 since the early days will know how much improvement has been made in the AI sector over the past few years... ;)
SCS-trucksim veteran - ETS2: since December 2012 / ATS: since release in February 2016 / Several 18WoS parts even before that

My Photo Album (ETS2) | My American Journeys (ATS) | My WoT-profile
FlyingPigeon

#18 Post by FlyingPigeon » 26 May 2017 20:13

the way the ai behave right now i acctually like, it is not perfect, but nor are the real world, i think they behave realisticly except for trucks hangning on to middle and outermost lane (speedlane), but otherwise yes.
Scandinavian truckdriver.

Return to “General discussion about the game”