Traction control problems.

Mikeinva

Traction control problems.

#1 Post by Mikeinva » 28 May 2017 17:16

Has anyone had traction control problems especially when cornering?

Last night I was hauling what should have been a simple load of gravel in one of those smaller trailers and yet it was like driving on ice because my truck kept sliding around every corner....could this be due to using the michellin tires instead of one of the older stock tires? Im using the latest MHA Pro map mod on this profile but as far as I know it doesn't include a realistic physics feature and I don't seem to have this problem on my primary profile which uses the stock map.
xXCARL1992Xx

Re: Traction control problems.

#2 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 28 May 2017 17:35

it is the trailer not your Truck

do you have an 4x2 or 6xX chassies ? if you have a 4xs change it to a 6x4 chassies it should be more stable

with this kind of trailer you have to be gently with acceleration, breaking and cornering
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Grimples

#3 Post by Grimples » 28 May 2017 17:46

Is this something new because when i brake or engine brake going down hill the truck goes out of control. I have been messing wtih the truck physics to suit myself but they are basically the same as i had them in 1.26. Am still using 4x2 but i will be upgrading to 6x2*4 midlift soon, am i going to have the same problems with that chassis also, it's quite scary :shock: I am using RJL's Scania RS.
Centrino2

#4 Post by Centrino2 » 29 May 2017 04:43

heh, that damn load nearly drove me right off a mountain, noticed something was odd as soon as I turned the truck on a corner, started acting odd.

If this is intentional, then perhaps the game should give a bit of a warning before accepting the job.... .good lawd. :?

Possibly the ultimate trucking challenge..... with dire consequences. :twisted:
Tigerclaw

#5 Post by Tigerclaw » 29 May 2017 06:57

Could this possibly be due to SCS changing the physics for the new Heavy haul DLC?

I've noticed a few changes in the freight market relating to weights that weren't there before. e.g. A 29ton load now has a NEW little icon, and hovering over it says something like "Heavy cargo". Maybe these have different physics?
Tony
Centrino2

#6 Post by Centrino2 » 29 May 2017 08:19

The game before this update didn't support over 24 ton loads that well did it?

So how heavy can a load be now before the physics engine starts flipping out?
FlyingPigeon

#7 Post by FlyingPigeon » 29 May 2017 08:29

the gravel/coal trailers have always been more unstable, but also normal trailers is after heavy haul become more sensitive. I like it add realism, in real life you cant go flying around corners with full trailer either without consequenses. If you dont like the "unstability" you can always set the stabilitybar, in gameplay menu i believe, to the far right then the load becomes more stable.
Scandinavian truckdriver.
pigbrother

#8 Post by pigbrother » 29 May 2017 08:52

And it makes sense, their center of gravity is very high. They have big wheels because you need a good clearance on uneven and unpaved terrain and the dumpster is placed also very high because you have the hydraulic pistons and the pump underneath it. I think the second most unstable trailer is the short tanker for heavy metals, that bastard tipped me over twice.
I have approximate knowledge of many things

Return to “General discussion about the game”