Use face tracking ability for adding more depth to the game

seekil

Re: Use face tracking ability for adding more depth to the g

#21 Post by seekil » 05 Jan 2013 13:02

valera_t wrote:
seekil wrote:Download NPClient.dll

Thank you.
Now the movement is blocked, and the keyboard and mouse
And the rotation of the head does not work either.
Which profile to use FaceTrackNoIr?
Management I have a hard keyboard + wheel
You can use default.ini for your profile, but ->
have you already used these suggested settings for yourself? If not, start by setting your Main Page and Curve settings like in the pictures.
When you have the settings like in the pictures, save them with Save As, and give a name that you think is good.
Setting examples in this post are for older FaceTrackNoIR version 160
Main page:
[ external image ]
Curve settings:
[ external image ]
Also just to be sure here, check also config.cfg from folder path C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\profile\[profile number]
that line uset g_trackir "1" has "1" and NOT "0".
Last edited by seekil on 24 Feb 2013 10:14, edited 3 times in total.
valera_t

#22 Post by valera_t » 05 Jan 2013 16:54

seekil wrote:
valera_t wrote:
seekil wrote:Download NPClient.dll

Thank you.
Now the movement is blocked, and the keyboard and mouse
And the rotation of the head does not work either.
Which profile to use FaceTrackNoIr?
Management I have a hard keyboard + wheel
You can use default.ini for your profile, but ->
Thank you!
Worked!
And what should be regulated paramerty chuvsvitelnosti to reduce head movement,
especially in the vertical?
Man_machine

#23 Post by Man_machine » 05 Jan 2013 17:26

+1 for this idea but it's really difficult to calm down situation :D
seekil

#24 Post by seekil » 05 Jan 2013 17:29

valera_t wrote: And what should be regulated paramerty chuvsvitelnosti to reduce head movement,
especially in the vertical?
Man_machine wrote:+1 for this idea but it's really difficult to calm down situation :D
That is, through trial and error. But this could be of help; adjust Yaw (vertical curves) so that the preview picture (the picture of man's head under File and View) in FaceTrackNoIR turns only slightly when You turn your head. And I mean slightly, the movement should be almost so small that you are just able to notice it. Then go and test how it is in the game :)
valera_t

#25 Post by valera_t » 06 Jan 2013 08:54

Thank you!
Man_machine

#26 Post by Man_machine » 06 Jan 2013 10:26

@ valera_t can you tell me did you find a formula to calm down picture? :)
ScoutRo

#27 Post by ScoutRo » 07 Jan 2013 06:39

i need help!!! already done everything it says in the tutorial but not worked. when I open the game it does not work.

se tiver alguem br pra me ajudar pq meu ingles e uma merda...pls
valera_t

#28 Post by valera_t » 07 Jan 2013 07:33

Man_machine wrote:@ valera_t can you tell me did you find a formula to calm down picture? :)
No, I was looking for.
I got a workable option
and did not experiment with the parameters
LittleAlien

#29 Post by LittleAlien » 07 Jan 2013 16:41

ScoutRo wrote:i need help!!! already done everything it says in the tutorial but not worked. when I open the game it does not work.

se tiver alguem br pra me ajudar pq meu ingles e uma merda...pls
Your wording suggest it tracks your face outside the game but not inside, which is what I experienced. I know there have been suggestions posted already, and I will really just repeat it I think, but it doesn't hurt to try to help again and again. I don't know exactly what fixed mine so I'm starting from the top.

So it wasn't working for me either at first, using 1.6&ps3eye. Admittedly I didn't understand much at first either, like I didn't even realize you must actually press start on the tracker source (being set to face api). I expected it to track right away. That said your wording suggest you can see your face being tracked in the FaceTrackNoIR app so you're beyond this.

Before I realized that however I went into the installed programs folder, noticed another exe called FTNoIR_FaceAPI_EXE.exe, figured I might as run that and see what that does. Basically it's the same without the gui and some more tools I think, but at least it made me realize the app and my camera were indeed tracking my face. The reason I'm even telling this is that the main app FaceTrackNoIR.exe never crashed or gave any indication what was wrong. The FTNoIR_FaceAPI_EXE.exe crashed however and created an event id linked to MSVCR80.dll in the windows logs. I did some searches and the suggested solutions for previous versions (pre 1.6) was that the ipp installer was wronged itself somehow so one had to reinstall it. In this case however, reinstall it from a different source seemed like the smarter thing to do.

In short: we may still have to remove the Intel IPP thing that was installed with facetracknoir and install the faceAPI demo. (Only the first part of that install needed actually) It doesn't fix everything, if anything, but I can't rule out that it had impact on my case so for now I presume so. At least I think it was somewhat working. Before, I had noticed a trend that when I was in the game the black and white feed in the video widget (had it up on a second monitor) no longer showed a picture but just static. As if the driver or something had crashed. After the Intell IPP reinstall maneuver, I no longer see that trend, leading me to assume it had some positive effect even if I still wasn't at the finish line.

So first, in control panel programs, I uninstalled intel ipp run-time installer. Then I went here:
http://www.seeingmachines.com/product/f ... downloads/
And registered, got the download links in my email. There are two files on that link. I've seen some suggest installing the demo, some the sdk, some both. I just installed the demo, ran it, then uninstalled it, so I don't see a need to do both. What I wanted it to do was now presumably done, put a working MSVCR80.dll with a valid pointer on my computer.

As previously suggested, things seemed to work better with the facetracknoir app now, camera not crashing at least, but the game was, well coming and going and all over the place. It was impossible if it actually detected input or if it was just bugging.

So the hunt continued. In a post above here seekil mentions a config file in C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\profile\[profile number] When I first read it I thought it was what I had checked, but actually I checked something else. In my C:\Users\LittleAlien\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2 there is a file called game.log. I opened that in notepad and did a search for "track". There I found what seekil referred to uset g_trackir and it said "0". Further down in that log I got the explanation to why: "The dll signature does not match. TrackIR software is not running?"

A quick search around that led me to the NPClient.dll issue. Again seekil has already covered this, but it's worthy of a quote because this is what actually made it work in the game for me:
Download NPClient.dll and copy it to location (overwrite if asked to do so) C:\Program Files (x86)\Abbequerque Inc\FaceTrackNoIR
Download from http://sourceforge.net/projects/facetra ... l/download
Once I had done that and made sure the facetracknoIR app was tracking my face and working more stable, I started the game and finally saw signs that the game too now tracked my face. It took a bit of a tweaking of curves and settings (curve adjustment, deadzones 0, massive smoothing and 80+ min and max EWMA to mention the basics) to get it somewhat user friendly, but I did my first delivery. An 8+ hour trip, and the face tracking only cut out twice because I had to scratch my nose and that obscured my face enough for the tracker to lose me. That sent the view out the window or up into the roof, but the tracker quickly saw me again though. The only consequence was that it wasn't as centered as when I first started. I had to have my head a bit sideways to look straight at the end, but I'm hopeful that I can get it working even better and get used to working around its flaws.
LittleAlien

#30 Post by LittleAlien » 07 Jan 2013 21:37

Hm, I just stumbled onto a bit of an issue. I felt I had played using the facetracking enough for today, was kind of getting tired of sitting so still, but wanted to do one more haul just using the pad. I quit the game, stopped the tracker, quit facetracknoir, unplugged my camera, and when I now booted up the game I can no longer look around in the cockpit. The view is stuck. What did I break now? :shock: I've tried a reboot in case something was hanging from the tracking or something, but no luck. I'm thinking about reinstalling the game next, or removing the facetrack and camera softwares, but before I do the game keeps what I need to continue after a reinstall right?

Edit: I uninstalled facetracknoir and that allowed me to move the camera inside the truck using the mouse and pad again. Hm, when I was trying to set up this tracking software, before I got it working reading my head input it behaved that way too, disabled the mouse and pad, but if I quit the game stopped the faceapi and started the game again it was working fine with mouse and pad again. I wonder what made a difference now..... I did unplug the camera, plugging it back in didn't help, but regardless, rhetorical question, surly neither the camera nor facetracknoir using Fake TrackIR changes any game config files to a permanent state that disables mouse look, surly the game would be oblivious to facetracknoir's existence and only see tracking if enabled. I did check my game.log again now and tracking was now 0, so it was off. So why had it not switched to proper mouse look? I hope I don't have to install and reinstall every time I want to switch between head tracking and mouse, then I might as well spend the money on the supported trackir...unless it has similar issues...

Return to “General discussion about the game”