Use face tracking ability for adding more depth to the game

ScoutRo

Re: Use face tracking ability for adding more depth to the g

#31 Post by ScoutRo » 07 Jan 2013 21:59

LittleAlien Thanks, I downloaded the file and then replaces it works perfectly.
LittleAlien

#32 Post by LittleAlien » 07 Jan 2013 22:13

ScoutRo wrote:LittleAlien Thanks, I downloaded the file and then replaces it works perfectly.
Awesome. :D
If you meet an issue looking around using more traditional methods after you are done using it, see the post after that as I discovered an issue on my end. The internal camera got stuck without the external camera telling it what to do. I haven't managed to determine if any of the things I did to get it working contributed to breaking it when I wanted a break from it, so yeah just a heads up on a temporary fix for now of uninstalling facetracknoir. The file you downloaded, intel ipp, is still installed here and was obviously not the cause. A general note I see can be practical to point out in advance in relation to that is the facetracknoir installer will hopefully see I have a working version installed and skip that the next time I want to play around with this, if it doesn't remember to do the intel ipp swap again.
seekil

#33 Post by seekil » 16 Jan 2013 19:39

Brace yourselves for v1.7 of FaceTrackNoIR is going to be released any given moment in the near future according to the News section of facetracknoir.sourceforge.net (dated 2013-01-15).

Expect many things a new, especially the redesigned curve adjusting section! This is for the lot that has had difficulties to interpret the curves and how to adjust them in v1.6. And if you ask me, it really is easier to get the hang of v1.7's curve adjusting compared to v1.6. How do I know this? I contributed to the development and got Alpha 1.7 for testing and feedback. Please if You (dear reader) should feel so, do the same to support the FaceTrackNoIR-team.

Check out also the older post dated 2013-01-03. Here's some highlights for the future:

-An Inertial Head Tracker, using accelleration, magnetic and gyro-sensors as source for pitch, roll and yaw. This is still in the prototyping phase, but has big potential. It eliminates all need for light and eliminates problems with darkness and bad lighting;
-An IR-based tracker like the one FreeTrack is using, called PointTracker
Weston

#34 Post by Weston » 24 Jan 2013 18:58

Okay, I'm trying to get this to work at all.

I've installed it and I've make configuraitons like those listed on first page of this topic.

However, how to you activate program so that it activates webcam? It lists to use the same web cam that I use for my Open Broadcaster Software which works fine, but I press the END key and FacetracknoIR does not activate camera.

Maybe once I get over this hurdle I can see if I can work it in ETS2.

wHEN i press "start" button on the Tracker Source for Face API, I get a message telling me protocol is not properly installed, what protocol is it telling me about, I installed the FaceTrackNoIr completely so not sure what else I might need to install.
StarZtorm

#35 Post by StarZtorm » 02 Feb 2013 14:28

Weston wrote:Okay, I'm trying to get this to work at all.

I've installed it and I've make configuraitons like those listed on first page of this topic.

However, how to you activate program so that it activates webcam? It lists to use the same web cam that I use for my Open Broadcaster Software which works fine, but I press the END key and FacetracknoIR does not activate camera.

Maybe once I get over this hurdle I can see if I can work it in ETS2.

wHEN i press "start" button on the Tracker Source for Face API, I get a message telling me protocol is not properly installed, what protocol is it telling me about, I installed the FaceTrackNoIr completely so not sure what else I might need to install.
I had somewhat the same problem. When i installed FaceTracknoir it found my webcam and all looked ok, but the program, for some reason, could not start my webcam. It was listed in the supported webcams list etc.. So all should be ok.

Anyway, I found a post on another forum, and it seems that I was missing some protocols. So here's what you can try.

1. Uninstall Facetracknoir

2. Get the headtracking demo from this website: http://www.seeingmachines.com/product/f ... downloads/ Download and install.

3. Exit the headtracking demo program when you see it is working, and install Facetracknoir. Select fake trackir in the rightmost dropdown box and press start under Face API. The program should be working now.

4. Exit Facetracknoir, get the DLL file as earlier posts here have mentioned. You can get that file from here http://sourceforge.net/projects/facetra ... l/download Copy and paste that DLL into your Facetracknoir folder.

5. Start Facetracknoir, start ETS2, you should now be able to look around the cabin.

6. Start configuring Facetracknoir so that you dont get seasick when playing the game. There are some good posts earlier in this thread that explains that part. Good luck!

Note that I got this working with version 1.6 of tracknoir and version 6.2.5 of the headtracking demo.
angrybirdseller

#36 Post by angrybirdseller » 05 Feb 2013 05:35

seekil wrote:Brace yourselves for v1.7 of FaceTrackNoIR is going to be released any given moment in the near future according to the News section of facetracknoir.sourceforge.net (dated 2013-01-15).

Expect many things a new, especially the redesigned curve adjusting section! This is for the lot that has had difficulties to interpret the curves and how to adjust them in v1.6. And if you ask me, it really is easier to get the hang of v1.7's curve adjusting compared to v1.6. How do I know this? I contributed to the development and got Alpha 1.7 for testing and feedback. Please if You (dear reader) should feel so, do the same to support the FaceTrackNoIR-team.

Check out also the older post dated 2013-01-03. Here's some highlights for the future:

-An Inertial Head Tracker, using accelleration, magnetic and gyro-sensors as source for pitch, roll and yaw. This is still in the prototyping phase, but has big potential. It eliminates all need for light and eliminates problems with darkness and bad lighting;
-An IR-based tracker like the one FreeTrack is using, called PointTracker
Hope they pull it off track IR is a ripoff. Got ps3 eye cam get 30fps in flight sim get rid of some other issues all be happy about it. Like Noir actually but with stereo 3d monitor have not figure out how to combine the two yet.
Weston

#37 Post by Weston » 06 Feb 2013 02:10

StarZtorm wrote: I had somewhat the same problem. When i installed FaceTracknoir it found my webcam and all looked ok, but the program, for some reason, could not start my webcam. It was listed in the supported webcams list etc.. So all should be ok.

Anyway, I found a post on another forum, and it seems that I was missing some protocols. So here's what you can try.

1. Uninstall Facetracknoir

2. Get the headtracking demo from this website: http://www.seeingmachines.com/product/f ... downloads/ Download and install.

3. Exit the headtracking demo program when you see it is working, and install Facetracknoir. Select fake trackir in the rightmost dropdown box and press start under Face API. The program should be working now.

4. Exit Facetracknoir, get the DLL file as earlier posts here have mentioned. You can get that file from here http://sourceforge.net/projects/facetra ... l/download Copy and paste that DLL into your Facetracknoir folder.

5. Start Facetracknoir, start ETS2, you should now be able to look around the cabin.

6. Start configuring Facetracknoir so that you dont get seasick when playing the game. There are some good posts earlier in this thread that explains that part. Good luck!

Note that I got this working with version 1.6 of tracknoir and version 6.2.5 of the headtracking demo.
Thanks, that seems to get the FaceTrackNoIR to work in it's own program, I think. What I see is that when i Move my head around the little icon in the upper left corner of the program (the one with the glasses with oen side blacked out) moves with my head.

However when I then start up the game nothing happens inside of the game, moving my head around doens't seem to register anything in the game itself. Wondering if I need to somehow tell ETS2 that it needs to connect to FacetrackNoIR for movement?

Thanks for the help
seekil

#38 Post by seekil » 06 Feb 2013 16:11

Weston wrote:Thanks, that seems to get the FaceTrackNoIR to work in it's own program, I think. What I see is that when i Move my head around the little icon in the upper left corner of the program (the one with the glasses with oen side blacked out) moves with my head.

However when I then start up the game nothing happens inside of the game, moving my head around doens't seem to register anything in the game itself. Wondering if I need to somehow tell ETS2 that it needs to connect to FacetrackNoIR for movement?

Thanks for the help
Hi.

You already said in an earlier post that you have installed FaceTrackNoIR and made configurations like told on first page. Now that you have gotten FaceTrackNoIR itself to function it's good time to revise at this point when you can not just yet get the program work in-game, that you have downloaded and copied a .dll-file to a specific location on your computer.
Referring to an earlier answer:
StarZtorm wrote:4. Exit Facetracknoir, get the DLL file as earlier posts here have mentioned. You can get that file from here http://sourceforge.net/projects/facetra ... l/download Copy and paste that DLL into your Facetracknoir folder.
If you are certain that previously mentioned point is already met, next thing what you can check is that you have TrackIR enabled in a config-file.

Referring to an earlier answer:

Also just to be sure here, check also config.cfg from folder path C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\profile\[profile number]
that line uset g_trackir "1" has "1" and NOT "0".
seekil

#39 Post by seekil » 06 Feb 2013 16:18

I would like to use this reply to thank LittleAlien and StarZtorm for their contribution to this thread with lenghty answers, helping out other forum users and bringing out ideas in general, all this for common good.

Thank you.
HoralkaEU

#40 Post by HoralkaEU » 07 Feb 2013 15:45

It's very hard setting it to your desire. And if you don't have time for it... If there is anyone with Lenovo notebook and could share his settings, I would really appreciate it!

Return to “General discussion about the game”