Use face tracking ability for adding more depth to the game

Weston

Re: Use face tracking ability for adding more depth to the g

#41 Post by Weston » 07 Feb 2013 20:47

Okay thanks.

It started working on it's own. Unfortunately I guess my computers built in camera is not good enough as the tracking is absolutely terrible in FaceTrackNoIR. Often times not catching my movement at all, other times going in a different direction than my head has turned. Must not be compatible I guess with my Asus G74sx's built in webcam.

I have an older USB web cam laying under my desk in a heap of wires that I may try later on and see if it gets any better results with FaceTrackNoIR.

Thanks for the help folks.
mamsa

#42 Post by mamsa » 08 Feb 2013 21:42

SETTINGS

http://sourceforge.net/p/facetracknoir/ ... /398a9d73/

Go to last post, I found some really good settings, no wobble, not oversensitive, head movement becomes natural after a while. Hardly even turn my head anymore, more like look in the direction I want to see.

Dont forget to bind "CENTER" in keyboard shortcuts and using that keyb-shortcut ingame when you sit comfortably. Otherwise the view might be off center a little.
affluence

#43 Post by affluence » 17 Feb 2013 22:14

best settings i ever found...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWEe9wADKFg
Oneiros42

#44 Post by Oneiros42 » 18 Feb 2013 01:58

Guys, 1.7 works a lot better than 1.6, I've been using the latest alpha and it's been smooth sailing. You'll be pleased when it's finally out. I've also switched webcams from my old Logitech Orbit to a PS3 Eye and THAT made a big difference as well. Higher resolution + faster refresh rate = smoother and more responsive tracking.
Flemming V
Global moderator

#45 Post by Flemming V » 18 Feb 2013 08:33

Oneiros42 wrote:Guys, 1.7 works a lot better than 1.6
PLEASE don't say that, I have just bought a TrackIR 4 Pro. :roll:
Oneiros42

#46 Post by Oneiros42 » 18 Feb 2013 09:08

Well, um... maybe that works better than 1.7? no it doesn't

In fairness it's my first experience with face tracking and I'm only using it with this game. I don't play any other driving games or airplane sims although I might start now so a "proper" head tracker might be more useful for a regular racer/flyer. But in the context of this game alone, FaceTrackNoIR + PS Eye is, as the kids say, the shiznit.

I know 1.7 eliminates the "head wobble" that bothered me so much in 1.6, plus the "curves" windows are more intuitive and show the head input in real-time along the curves. Makes tweaking sensitivity a lot easier.
Flemming V
Global moderator

#47 Post by Flemming V » 18 Feb 2013 09:15

I have used FaceTrackNoIr 1.6 for 5 months now, and decided to buy Track IR 4 Pro, and YES it works total awesome, when the sun is not shining.
When there is to much sun in my living room, the TrackIR see other reflections in room and go nuts. So at daylight I still use FaceTrackNoIr.
TrackIr with a Cap is better while I can drink and eat with out any problem while gaming. You can not do that with FaceTrackNoIr.
Also FaceTrackNoIr has to be calibrated once in a while. So overall TrackIR is much better. (But not in daylight)
Are there others in here which have the same problem with TrackIR?
Oneiros42

#48 Post by Oneiros42 » 18 Feb 2013 16:45

Yeah, the biggest downside to FaceTrackNoIR is that you can't put your hand anywhere in front of your face (scratch your nose, eat a chip, etc) without the view flipping out. I'll generally hit ESC for things like that but I can see how TrackIR would make life a little easier in that respect.
seekil

#49 Post by seekil » 24 Feb 2013 11:14

FaceTrackNoIR v170 is now released for the public!

Get your copy from FaceTrackNoIR Downloads-section.

Just to suggest, download the Full Installer v170 and uninstall older version(s) of FaceTrackNoIR.

I've edited the first post with the information about the release and added now my setup with pictures for the possible new users to try out and for the veteran users to test if one so wishes to do.
SchorschiBW

#50 Post by SchorschiBW » 11 Mar 2013 14:01

FaceTrackNoIR doesn't work. I use the PS3 Eye and in the FTNIR it works, but not in the game and i don't know, why. The PS3 cam will not work with Accela Filter Mk2, the initialize, then tracking and if i start the game, the cam does initialize again without results

Sorry for my english, i'm german and try to write english without translator;-)

Return to “General discussion about the game”