Use face tracking ability for adding more depth to the game

blueeagle69

Re: Use face tracking ability for adding more depth to the g

#61 Post by blueeagle69 » 23 Jan 2014 14:52

Just a headsup.

I have been using FacetrackNoir with ETS2 and it is running as good as TrackIr.

For best results I would recommend using the Acella filter with internal smoothing disabled. (Global settings on main screen).
Put the slider all the way to the left.

I also use the PointTracker with a Delan Clip with a PS3 eye camera with the two coloured pieces of film from old-school 3D glasses over the camera lense.

Tracking is smooth, and very responsive :)
There is no delay at all when moving your head.
The FaceAPI plugin is OK, but not fantastic.
Flemming V
Global moderator

#62 Post by Flemming V » 23 Jan 2014 15:00

blueeagle69 wrote:I have been using FacetrackNoir with ETS2 and it is running as good as TrackIr.
Except it can not look as much back as TrackIR and it mess up your face recognition each time you drink coffee and or the room is to dark.
I have also been using FacetrackNoir for several years, but nothing beat the real deal, TrackIR. Never have any problems anymore,
with looking back, drink coffee and play at night.. :)
Leen

#63 Post by Leen » 07 Feb 2014 10:54

I used facetracknoir for a little while, but the faceApi pluggin is a heavy load for the CPU with means you loose fps.
It is true when the users say you can't take a cup of coffee or something else, all these things together makes it horrible to me and I quit with it.
But with a 3 point ir led cap it works ferry smooth, you can use the pointracker pluggin and no filter (EWMA2, Accela) at all, the only thing you have to do is calibrate in the pointtracker menu. http://ftnoirpt.sourceforge.net/
Thirst of all the threshold slider after that you go to de tab where you can find your 3 point cap menu, gives in the distance between the leds and calibrate.
When you ready with those things you can push the start button and start-up ETS2, now you can play with the curves for a smooth movement, and it isn't less hard to do like the faceapi (facetracking).

With this all together you will expire how smooth it works and the point tracker plugin takes a less from your CPU as the faceapi plugin, this means you don't loose fps.

For the 3 points ir cap I buy 3 ir leds, 3 resistor 30 Ohm 1/4 watt and a 500mA DC adapter, for the manual >http://www.free-track.net/forum/index.p ... topic=4039

Pictures of my cap and settings
http://s1151.photobucket.com/user/LKfot ... adtracking

Have fun ;)
djellis

#64 Post by djellis » 08 Feb 2014 12:52

I have the Logitech g27 nere the gear stick is 4 red buttons 1 i use for high shift 2 i use for in cab if i move the mouse around to look left or right if i press number 2 button it setts it so you
are looking a head and till i move the mouse again I would to know is can i map a button on my keyboard to do this with trackIR 5 you don't wont to sit there getting a stiff neck just to look
a head if i can do that i am going to buy TRACKIR 5 .You see i have been into trainsimulator since 2000 which is now railsimulator 2014 around November i desided have go with trucksimulator 2
and i love it the way they put it all to gether i think SCS they done a billent job plus other people.

regards
Djellis
Bandit188

#65 Post by Bandit188 » 06 Mar 2014 16:06

It don't pick up my ETS2.
TruckSimFan

#66 Post by TruckSimFan » 06 Mar 2014 17:47

FYI, I tried this a month ago, even bought a brand new webcam for it, and...

It worked fine, but it's very precise and like others said, it can often lose your face if you want to do anything other than just look straight forward, left or right.

My biggest complaint... And this might have been me just not getting used to it enough... Is you have to sit completely still, or it can glitch out and you have to reset everything. I wasn't bopping my head to music or leaning when I go around curves, or anything extreme like that. I'm just saying you have to sit almost completely still which gave me a neck cramp and is the main reason I abandoned it (I'll use the webcam for other things, so it wasn't a wasted purchase).

I know when using any face/head tracking software you have to remain relatively still, but like I said, even those who use TrackIR have said it gives you more freedom to relax compared to face tracking software since it's just better in every way (hardware, software).

So, just wanted to share my own experience with this software on ETS2.
blueeagle69

#67 Post by blueeagle69 » 21 Jul 2014 02:36

A little late but nevermind.

TBH. The facetracking part of FacetrackNoIR is not the best.
I used it for a couple of days, but it was jumpy, kept losing my face etc. Not to mention the high CPU load.

I then switched to my homemade IR clip and it was miles better.
I then decided to shell out on the Delan Clip. And the difference was amazing.
The LED's used on the clip are the best I have seen with some amazing viewing angles.
And if you tweak the curves in FacetrackNoIR you can look back just as much. (look through the side window to the back of your truck) with no loss of tracking.

With the Acella Filter MK2 and no internal smoothing the tracking is instant and precise.

If you are using the PS3 Eye cam which is the best camera for FacetrackNoIR. Make sure you switch the lens to the red position.
For me at least the red setting worked a treat.
blueeagle69

#68 Post by blueeagle69 » 09 Aug 2014 01:55

Flemming V wrote:
blueeagle69 wrote:I have been using FacetrackNoir with ETS2 and it is running as good as TrackIr.
Except it can not look as much back as TrackIR and it mess up your face recognition each time you drink coffee and or the room is to dark.
I have also been using FacetrackNoir for several years, but nothing beat the real deal, TrackIR. Never have any problems anymore,
with looking back, drink coffee and play at night.. :)
Which is why I stated not to use the FaceAPI for tracking.
IR tracking with a PS3 eye (unmodified) with a visible light filter works superbly well at 120fps.
Without trying to plug the Delan clip, it is superb quite frankly.

I can look as far as you can with TrackIR. And you can drink all the coffee you want!
Edwin

#69 Post by Edwin » 09 Aug 2014 08:13

blueeagle69 wrote:IR tracking with a PS3 eye (unmodified) with a visible light filter works superbly well at 120fps.
What do you use as visible light filter?

I'm currently using two layers of sun glasses (those free plastic ones you occassionally get). Works pretty good, but combined with the internal IR filter (didn't feel like destroying the ps3 eye yet), they're not quite strong enough for the wider angles. I'm only at abo.ut 75% power though, so it may still work like this.
Uxot

#70 Post by Uxot » 27 Oct 2014 22:26

Got a webcam to try out this program works fine but ETS2 doesnt track shit or detects it tried many settings,g_trackir 1,set virtual joystick in controls settings etc...nothing seems to work..frustrating...any help?

Return to “General discussion about the game”