Use face tracking ability for adding more depth to the game

seekil

Re: Use face tracking ability for adding more depth to the g

#11 Post by seekil » 01 Jan 2013 08:57

Psykoen wrote::( dosent work for me. the ipp installer is not compatible with windows 8 :(
Let's hope that Windows 8 is not going to be a horror scenario for gamers and game developers alike like it has been
suspected. And also that at least the Intel IPP run time installer would someday work with the OS :)
Psykoen

#12 Post by Psykoen » 01 Jan 2013 10:18

to behonest. at first i liked windows 8 but after a month of use. i actualy hate it becous the start menu is gone so most things are harder to find if you rely much on the start menu.
ok the metro is the new start menu replacement but its not the same if the program isent made for it.
Herbaceous

#13 Post by Herbaceous » 02 Jan 2013 06:58

TrackIR (http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/) is by far the best head tracking hardware to use in simulators.

And it works out-of-the-box on Euro Truck Simulator 2 - No lengthy configurations needed. Just plug it in and the game detects it. I can personally verify this...

It's pricey though :|
Windows 7 (x64) - MSI Big Bang X-Power - Intel i7-970 - 6GB Corsair Dominator 1600 - OCZ Agility 2 (OS) - 2TB Caviar Black 6GB RAID (Apps) - Creative X-Fi Titanium Champ - MSI N580 GTX Lightning
seekil

#14 Post by seekil » 02 Jan 2013 07:24

Herbaceous wrote:TrackIR (http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/) is by far the best head tracking hardware to use in simulators.

And it works out-of-the-box on Euro Truck Simulator 2 - No lengthy configurations needed. Just plug it in and the game detects it. I can personally verify this...

This is all true. Atleast using TrackIR would leave behind the difficulties of setting up, but surely it comes with a price.
What I have noticed when searching information about TrackIR, you seem to always need to use a cap or headphones to keep the sender device (or TrackClip
(reflective tracking clip)
like Natural Point as the manufacturer calls the device) attached to yourself.
One can lose a bit of freedom having to use these additional thingies but gaining also some at the same time :)
Flemming V
Global moderator

#15 Post by Flemming V » 02 Jan 2013 12:46

seekil wrote:
Psykoen wrote::( dosent work for me. the ipp installer is not compatible with windows 8 :(
Let's hope that Windows 8 is not going to be a horror scenario for gamers and game developers alike like it has been
suspected. And also that at least the Intel IPP run time installer would someday work with the OS :)
It works fine for me in Windows 8 Enterprise. But I did need to DL another file to make it work. (TIRViews.dll)..
Try DL TrackIR Version 5.2.1 here: http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/06- ... nuals.html
Install that aswell and you will have the missing files.
This goes aswell for those in Windows 7 where it does not work.
Flemming V
Global moderator

#16 Post by Flemming V » 02 Jan 2013 12:53

Herbaceous wrote:TrackIR (http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/) is by far the best head tracking hardware to use in simulators.

You do not need to setup FaceTrackNoIr MORE than TrackIR. They both need a one time setup calibrating.
Then make sure that your webcam has enough light and FaceTrackNoIr will work each and every time.
I have been using it since ETS2, day 1. (Back in September 2012)
RickDeckard

#17 Post by RickDeckard » 02 Jan 2013 17:21

Flemming V wrote: I have been using it since ETS2, day 1. (Back in September 2012)
Lucky. Not because of the success with FaceTrackNoIr, but because for you day one was in September :D
valera_t

#18 Post by valera_t » 04 Jan 2013 07:36

Set FaceTrackNoIr. Adjusted, it works.
And as in ETS2 up? In ETS2 does not work.
help.
seekil

#19 Post by seekil » 04 Jan 2013 07:46

valera_t wrote:Set FaceTrackNoIr. Adjusted, it works.
And as in ETS2 up? In ETS2 does not work.
help.
If it works when you are in desktop environment, but does not work when you are in the game, try this:

Download NPClient.dll and copy it to location (overwrite if asked to do so) C:\Program Files (x86)\Abbequerque Inc\FaceTrackNoIR
Download from http://sourceforge.net/projects/facetra ... l/download

Please tell us how it goes :)
valera_t

#20 Post by valera_t » 05 Jan 2013 09:50

seekil wrote:Download NPClient.dll

Thank you.
Now the movement is blocked, and the keyboard and mouse
And the rotation of the head does not work either.
Which profile to use FaceTrackNoIr?
Management I have a hard keyboard + wheel

Return to “General discussion about the game”