Portuguese roads a shame

sarmento

Portuguese roads a shame

#1 Post by sarmento » 26 Dec 2021 19:27

Portuguese roads a shame

how is it possible for dlc iberia to be so bad on Portuguese roads?
we have the example of the A8 that 40% does not have a central separator!
We have lisbon, coimbra... but there's no Leiria in between? whoever says this location says others in between.
the gas pumps on the highway all look like photocopies of each other.
But what made me more confused when I bought the game and if I had seen videos before I wouldn't buy it, is the fact that we leave the 25 de Abril bridge and before reaching the Lisbon exit (A1) there is the 2nd Circular. This for me is the biggest flaw of the DLC. This road is the heart of the entire lisbon branch, how is it possible to pass the aqueduct of free waters and be already leaving lisbon? the work done with the map of portugal is shameful. Cricket's tunnel has three tracks on each side, in the game the tunnel looks like a game for children.
The supposed Sagres factory that they turned into something else is just off the highway in Povoa de Santa Iria??? WFT.

Will we ever have a better map?
xXCARL1992Xx

Re: Portuguese roads a shame

#2 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 26 Dec 2021 19:31

the map is 20x smaller then the real world and you except them to cramp every square mm of Portugal into it ?

ofc stuff is missing, ofc some roads will look different because they are SHORTER then in real life
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
parasaurolophus67

#3 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 26 Dec 2021 19:34

Its a 1:19 scaled map. What did you expect? Portugal still looks nice even if its small scale.
sarmento

#4 Post by sarmento » 26 Dec 2021 20:06

parasaurolophus67 wrote: 26 Dec 2021 19:34 Its a 1:19 scaled map. What did you expect? Portugal still looks nice even if its small scale.
I understand this about scales and I know very well how difficult it is to make the map. because I've been correcting those same central dividers on the A8, which looks like the Amarrecican roads where everything serves to make a U-turn. as such I have been doing the A8 area for MARL. But is it logical to leave the bridge and already be leaving Lisbon? the problem of scale is not an excuse for everything. or serves?
parasaurolophus67

#5 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 26 Dec 2021 20:10

locals would like or doesn't like the way map looks which is understandable. but I don't see it as much of a problem. Not everyone will get what they want.
dsf.fernando

#6 Post by dsf.fernando » 26 Dec 2021 23:57

i think most of Portugal may be rebuilt/remade one day. i.e. A8 is not even the most glaring absence in the map (IC2 ATM is literally impossible to be properly made)
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
Some newbie driver

#7 Post by Some newbie driver » 27 Dec 2021 21:30

Iberia is the last addition on a 9 year long releases list whose reworking had barely covered 40% of what it was the base map.

Don't count on any reworking at all in about 15 years or more, if ever.

What we have now is what we are going to have to play on for a long long time. The only feasible exception would be road additions, bug corrections and something that would be a global change (like they changed all the concessionaire prefabs time ago).

If you don't like this prospect; I suggest you to start considering mods right now. Because what you expect it's not even on mid term horizon for sure.

Regards
marvix

#8 Post by marvix » 01 Jan 2022 14:00

Please take a look at the U.K map, that's the REAL shame. Happy New year.
plykkegaard

#9 Post by plykkegaard » 01 Jan 2022 14:29

Compared to UK, Iberia shines

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
dsf.fernando

#10 Post by dsf.fernando » 04 Jan 2022 00:46

Can relate. Current UK drives like it were a giant Leiria Island
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)

Return to “General discussion about the game”