Just keep it offline
58%
Online/Offline
42%

Total votes: 65

Luke

#1 Post by Luke » 02 Aug 2013 18:30

Hello, SCS & members:

Who else agrees they should make this game online as well as just an offline game? I think it would make this game 10x better because we can play with mates and talk to mates and join there staff to make them & yourself some cash & when you want to you are able to go on the trip with them in the same cab ect... & like the bus sim, Train sim, ect... you could sell them as a DLC so like an add-on for the game so some people can truck and some people can do the bus sim ect.. and its online but if some people want to play off-line thats all so fine.

Who else agrees with this or is this idea just me haha!
XPW

Re: Online

#2 Post by XPW » 02 Aug 2013 19:14

It's a good idea, but I'd rather they work on improving the game and save an online mode for a new installment in the future.
Baja_002

#3 Post by Baja_002 » 02 Aug 2013 19:43

I'm just hoping that Multiplayer MOD is not fake and that I'll be able to hire some real drivers :D
Blaze Phoenix

#4 Post by Blaze Phoenix » 02 Aug 2013 19:57

I think the way the game was designed would require a huge amount of work to make it online. There are rumors of a group of modders working on an online mod (no, I'm not talking about the fake scam on youtube) but it's not confirmed.

I'm not interested in online play, I never play any multiplayer games and usually don't touch the multiplayer part of the games I purchase so that's why I'd rather they spend this time on improving the current game and adding new features to it. Or creating ETS3.
Baja_002

#5 Post by Baja_002 » 02 Aug 2013 21:22

Blaze Phoenix wrote:I think the way the game was designed would require a huge amount of work to make it online. There are rumors of a group of modders working on an online mod (no, I'm not talking about the fake scam on youtube) but it's not confirmed.

I'm not interested in online play, I never play any multiplayer games and usually don't touch the multiplayer part of the games I purchase so that's why I'd rather they spend this time on improving the current game and adding new features to it. Or creating ETS3.
I've been following their work and if nothing it really seems like something that will be done.... Time will show, in the meantime I'm looking forward to the new patch and DLC
XPW

#6 Post by XPW » 02 Aug 2013 23:23

Baja_002 wrote:
Blaze Phoenix wrote:I think the way the game was designed would require a huge amount of work to make it online. There are rumors of a group of modders working on an online mod (no, I'm not talking about the fake scam on youtube) but it's not confirmed.

I've been following their work and if nothing it really seems like something that will be done.... Time will show, in the meantime I'm looking forward to the new patch and DLC
Adding multiplayer isn't a simple case of reverse-engineering the game, though. I've been playing SCS games for a while, and every truck driving game has some group that says "hey we're gonna deliver multiplayer!" and it never happens. The game engine itself, Prism3D, has no compatibility for multiplayer, so they'd have to write their own game engine, which costs some AAA game developing companies millions of dollars. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't really think it's becoming a reality.
n4gix

#7 Post by n4gix » 02 Aug 2013 23:59

I thought this horse was dead. This has to be about the twenty-dozenth time it's been brought up and cussed/discussed... :roll:
Fr. Bill
Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Max Modeling for Eaglesoft Development Group & Military Visualizations
It is not wise to contest forum moderators; they have more ways to admonish than you have of evading, (Shin'a'in Proverb) :)
miep möp

#8 Post by miep möp » 03 Aug 2013 08:56

What does multiplayer really add? Those farm sims have working steps depending on one another, so people need to work together, sometimes closely like in one harvesting and the other one having the harvest dumped into his trailer, during the harvesting process itself.

The same basic principle is at work in rpgs, with different members of a group with specific roles, like healer, magician, close combat fighter or archer. This only applies to a smaller extent to trucking games, if some players offer jobs.

The driving aspect is still sort of singleplayer, even if you do it online. Sure, there are other guys around, but that is basically the same offline. Be it AI traffic or online traffic, traffic is traffic. My success never depends on others driving, but my failure might be due to them. That is a big disadvantage.

One more problem. Online games require adhearing to a schedule, but many people just want to relax playing this game. You aren't commited to relaxing. And online games work well in a competitive environment. But this is game just isn't competitive.

That's my 2 cents.
ohaha

#9 Post by ohaha » 03 Aug 2013 09:01

n4gix wrote:I thought this horse was dead.
hence the expression "beating a dead horse" :D
some people can't get enough of that...
Retired, but still loving it.
Reef

#10 Post by Reef » 03 Aug 2013 10:59

ohaha wrote:
n4gix wrote:I thought this horse was dead.
hence the expression "beating a dead horse" :D
some people can't get enough of that...
That would be "Flogging a dead horse" :roll:

And ooh yes lets have multiplayer coz it will really improve my gaming experience when i'm in Aberdeen and my friend is in Verona :?

I will sell you all my MP ETS2 game..

1 Download and install TeamSpeak
2 Get your mate to do the same
3 Both log in to teamspeak and chat in a room
4 Both load up ETS2 and drive

Tadaa.. that'll be 2 pence each please my paypal account is ........

Return to “General discussion about the game”