We want multiplayer for Euro Truck Simulator 2

celestra

Re: We want multiplayer for Euro Truck Simulator 2

#201 Post by celestra » 18 Apr 2013 11:43

I have to say reading ScS's reply that it was clear concise and honest . I cannot understand why ksrele then slated them so much on here before posting that reply and making himself look bad .

It is clear that ScS will consider making MP available either in ETS2 or a future game once they have the manpower and finances to do so .

For ksrele then to state in his latest rant that it would be easy to add MP to the game completely shows exactly how little he actually understands about coding an MP game properly .
Also why should ScS give up coding for a game to people who clearly do NOT understand fully whats involved in the process or have no association with ScS. It is ScS's game and up to them entirely how to expand their games and company .I am pretty sure that if ScS actually did give up the source code then ksrele would not be able to make a truly good MP game but would then whine at other people not making it fast enough for him .

My complete respect to SCS for their open and honest reply .

Finally to ksrele if you think ScS have not been nice to you try asking someone like EA or Sony for the code for their games or try and bully them and you will not even get a reply they will just laugh at your letter and throw it in the trash
INSTG8R

#202 Post by INSTG8R » 18 Apr 2013 11:57

celestra wrote:I have to say reading ScS's reply that it was clear concise and honest . I cannot understand why ksrele then slated them so much on here before posting that reply and making himself look bad .

It is clear that ScS will consider making MP available either in ETS2 or a future game once they have the manpower and finances to do so .

For ksrele then to state in his latest rant that it would be easy to add MP to the game completely shows exactly how little he actually understands about coding an MP game properly .
Also why should ScS give up coding for a game to people who clearly do NOT understand fully whats involved in the process or have no association with ScS. It is ScS's game and up to them entirely how to expand their games and company .I am pretty sure that if ScS actually did give up the source code then ksrele would not be able to make a truly good MP game but would then whine at other people not making it fast enough for him .

My complete respect to SCS for their open and honest reply .

Finally to ksrele if you think ScS have not been nice to you try asking someone like EA or Sony for the code for their games or try and bully them and you will not even get a reply they will just laugh at your letter and throw it in the trash
+1

Very well said! 8-)
/Thread
59800X3D| MSI X570S MAG Torpedo Max|32GB Gskill 3600|Hellhound 7900XTX|Samsung 970 Evo Plus|SB ZX|Seasonic TX-850W Titanium|TT Kandalf L.C.S.|AW QD-OLED 34" 3440x1440|Logitech G502.G19s,GPro Wheel/Pedals|Logitech X-56|TrackIR5w/Trackclip Pro
hippo

#203 Post by hippo » 18 Apr 2013 12:23

hmm, misplaced passion can look ugly.

This is no massive publisher mentality in that letter: bang it out the door and make a buck, move on, rape another crowd doing it again. They obviously like their product, and want us to like it too. And they are still enhancing it. I think that is very refreshing. I hope they keep that mentality if they grow.

I like SCS, I just found this sim and really like the approach. I got the Cd with version 1.0.1 on it, and the change from the first release to 1.3.1 is massive, and yet its the same game. But better. I hear they are working on the parking brake and sound to go with it in the next patch. The fact there is a next patch excites and impresses me greatly.

The scope for the management side is massive. Low powered entry trucks can only pull small light weights, your drivers skill and the truck characteristics should all influence the time to complete a job and profits made. Better trucks and drivers should yield better returns. Seeing your trucks on the road, interacting with them and their drivers in the garage, all can be added and would greatly enhance the immersion.

And what to spend all that money on? Growing your own business should be more complex and a simple competitor scenario would add a big splash of excitement and interest for the game.

Multiplayer is no simple thing. You will probably get an online and an offline profile. And what will you get that you have not got now?

I play Egosoft's X series, and that is offline only, is massive and immersive and keeps me entertained for long periods of time. I think SCS are on the right track with the right attitude, and all those people who signed the FB page, are paying customers already? (Are they, I hope so?) So adding multiplayer is not going to sell the product again. Or more of it.

You either like it after playing the Demo, buy it and enjoy it for what it is, or you did not. MP will not add much in my view and I personally do not want it. I want the best truck sim SCS can make, and I will wait patiently for that to evolve. And I believe they will deliver that too.
steve30x

#204 Post by steve30x » 18 Apr 2013 13:14

ksrele wrote:Comone guys. I just said it, do you think that I will acualy do it? Maybe but probably not.

OK Max. Thank you for reply.
This is very sad news not just for me, but for over of 1000 people. Is that small number of people?

I'm OK programer but I don't program so often and I'm good at too many programming language to bee perfect in just one.
I would love to work as programer on some game like this, but, personaly, I kinda don't like SCS. You are very slow and always tend to compliacate some simple things.

But, let talk a little bit of programming this game. You don't have to answer on this soon but, please, answer on it when ever you can - have time.
How do you move truck over 3D space? I belive that you have simulation for all major mechanical parts. For ex. when I press forward engine class produce rotation and power, then this output is send to class for transmision and after that is send to class for diferencial (i will do it like that) then send to wheels. Then matematicly it is converted to X and Y coordinates and Z coordinate comes from collison with road. This coordinates moves base part of truck then cabin moves by class of cabin suspension and so on and so on.
So, simply we need that coordinates from pivot point of base part of truck. I think that this engine can return X, Y and Z cords of any object on scene. If it can't than it is stupid engine.

What about AI trucks? Yu are probably make class that generate "power" for AI vehicles in similar fasion like for main truck. But, what if you just kill "comment out" those lines? Can you just make AI vehicles that don't move any where but down (gravity)? Then I can give them X, Y coordinates. But, I will give coordinate to base part of that truck, not to whole truck, just for base (how to you call it in english? In Serbian it is "karoserija") part then rest of truck is connected to it by some way and it will move.

And one last thing. If you can say that you will just try to make this for me to play around (a won't send it to anyone I promise) but I have to wait some time, I will wait. I don't need source code, just send me modified .exe with API.
It takes a lot more work than you think to create MP in a game. In project cars it took them over six months of 8 hours a day 5 days a week just to create working MP for the game. I know because I am part of the community and everything they do in that games development is posted on their forum to the members.
steve30x

#205 Post by steve30x » 18 Apr 2013 13:25

ksrele wrote:
Unco wrote: Just go and play your game, why wasting your time here writing on forum?

It is not nice to talk like that to people who is giving his best to make something. You are defending SCS but attacking me. Not realy attacking but you are smileing to me (I don't know right verb for this), to my work. And, in the other hand you don't know how to do half of that video montage that I did. Don't you?

And, no, this video won't be about reversing truck. It won;t be very exciting to you but somebody may like it.
So its OK for you to be rude but when he is nice to you its not alright?
ksrele

#206 Post by ksrele » 18 Apr 2013 14:09

How can I stop writing to this tread when you just keep asking me questions and point finger in my face?

Read this very carefully, I should write this only once (more and last time)!

I know how to programm applications for PC and for Android. I know lot of program languages (HTML, PHP, JavaScript, Java, C++, C#, VisualBasic, Delphi, Pascal...) how do you call me then? Maybe doctor of medicine??? Or mechanic???
I AM programmer! How good am I is question to ask. I can say that I am OK programmer. I have "marbles" (I don't know how to say this in english, here is on serbian 'Имам кликере за програмирање').
So, I can think about how this game is programmed. I wrote it in some post above (someone quote that post just above this post).

Edit (added part):
I don't want to work for SCS because I had a break (pause) from programming for some time now and I can't just sit and work on this game. I need time to "worm up". Maybe in future I will aks them to work on games with them then I will send them my CV and upload my games for them so see my work.

I DON'T WANT (NEED) CODE OF GAME!!!

All I want is to SCS make interface for MINE software for TCP/IP connection.
How to explain this to you...???
Think it like this: I have DVD player and it only can be connected to (SCART to SCART) TV but I want to be able to connect it to video transmiter to emit DVD movie to air so other can watch it with antena on theirs TV near my house.
I have transmiter but it has (lets say) only component input and my DVD player have only SCRAT output. For me it is very hard to make SCART2Component converter but for company that has make this DVD player it is easy. So I ask them to just make that connector on DVD palyer so I can connect it to transmiter. I could ask them to make small transmiter inside DVD player so I can connect my antena to it and broadcast signal around it, but that is hard work for them and why to ask them to do that when I can use my other project which is video transmiter :)

I hope that now you undestand what am I asking SCS?

So, just to repeat it again, I ask them to make game so I can start ETS2.exe and other MAGIC.exe and MAGIC.exe can send numbers to ETS2.exe and AI truck in game will move by that numbers. And also ETS2.exe can send numbers to MAGIC.exe and MAGIC.exe can print to my printer coordinates of truck that I drive in game.
That is all.

I ask them that in mine letter but Pavel didn't aswer me "No, we won't do that" or "OK, we will do it". Or maybe I can't read... or it is "beatween rows" so he IS answer me but not direcly. Why not directly? I'm not small child that will cry on negative answer.

And now... that is all from me! DON'T ASK ME ANYTHING and PLEASE DON'T SPEAK ABOUT ME ANY MORE!!!
Flemming V
Global moderator

#207 Post by Flemming V » 18 Apr 2013 15:44

Please respect the answer from ksrele, like it or not. Then we don't have to close this topic.
Man_machine

#208 Post by Man_machine » 19 Apr 2013 13:54

I think everyone here in this forum, should show respect for this man ( - KSRELE - ), because he wants to contribute that this game become even better.
He isn't Bill Gates, but the he certainly has an idea, that could function.
The fact that you're trying to make fun of his ideas, says more about you, your ignorance and lack of culture.

I think Ksrele is a real fan of this game, and thus optimistically and with such fervor, should behave anyone who loves the game and wants to see its best.
Centrino2

#209 Post by Centrino2 » 19 Apr 2013 16:31

Man_machine wrote:I think everyone here in this forum, should show respect for this man ( - KSRELE - ), because he wants to contribute that this game become even better.
He isn't Bill Gates, but the he certainly has an idea, that could function.
The fact that you're trying to make fun of his ideas, says more about you, your ignorance and lack of culture.

I think Ksrele is a real fan of this game, and thus optimistically and with such fervor, should behave anyone who loves the game and wants to see its best.
About time someone said something nice and I agree with you, so +1 to you. :)
ksrele

#210 Post by ksrele » 20 Apr 2013 15:46

Just to announce to you that I will make mine own truck simulation game with MP mode from start.

First, it will be FB Flash game but latter it will be bigger and bigger.

This is the plan:
-You can drive truck (like now in ETS2) and pick cargoes...
-Someone will be able to drive police car and he will have speedcamera and can pullover trucks or cars is they drive to fast or do anything that is agains law
-Someone will be able to drive car if want (like AI car)
-There will be companies
-and much more...

I have a small team now but if anybody want to help, send me PM. ;)

This game won't be good as ETS2 in beggining but it WILL be more popular you can trust me!

And it will be FREE!

Return to “General discussion about the game”