We want multiplayer for Euro Truck Simulator 2

LOK330

Re: We want multiplayer for Euro Truck Simulator 2

#231 Post by LOK330 » 14 May 2013 13:31

3. How much network speed can play the multiplayer mode, I only use download speed for 200-500KBS/s . I can play the network game???????????????
extror3

#232 Post by extror3 » 14 May 2013 14:06

this is questions you dont get answers on yet. send an contact the guys which create the Multiplayer mod. and ask these questions.
I'm from Sweden, so that means i'm awesome!
MartinoPio

#233 Post by MartinoPio » 14 May 2013 16:15

Have you ever played Need For Speed ​​World? There you drive the car with the multiplayer. Do you know how they resolved to prevent players blocking your way? Easy: they added a few AI and other real players are exceeded (thus avoiding accidents and bad intentions). :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Example (I made it difficult to find .. but I hope you understand): here.

Here's how it should be done according to me:
What you can do: Accidents with automatic machines and eventual destruction with decorations map (that regenerate after 20-30 seconds).

What you can't do: Accidents with real players (SCS Software should put a transparency like in the video above).
extror3

#234 Post by extror3 » 14 May 2013 18:32

Need For Speed the World are great! :)
i have played it
I'm from Sweden, so that means i'm awesome!
MartinoPio

#235 Post by MartinoPio » 15 May 2013 12:28

extror3 wrote:Need For Speed the World are great! :)
i have played it

See? They are great because they have used the technique that I listed before. The SCS Soft in my opinion could do the same. I say this because some games company of little consequence were able to do the multiplayer and I'm sorry that SCS Software still has not done anything.
n4gix

#236 Post by n4gix » 15 May 2013 15:02

Well, I am not at all displeased. Multi-Player only works well when you have a very small area in which to interact.

Even if there were a thousand people online at the same time, with the number of cities and thousands of kilometers of roads, the odds of seeing another "real driver" are very, very low...

...and even then it would be a brief meeting as you flash past one another at a combined speed of > 100 kph.
Fr. Bill
Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Max Modeling for Eaglesoft Development Group & Military Visualizations
It is not wise to contest forum moderators; they have more ways to admonish than you have of evading, (Shin'a'in Proverb) :)
MartinoPio

#237 Post by MartinoPio » 15 May 2013 16:05

n4gix wrote:Well, I am not at all displeased. Multi-Player only works well when you have a very small area in which to interact.

Even if there were a thousand people online at the same time, with the number of cities and thousands of kilometers of roads, the odds of seeing another "real driver" are very, very low...

...and even then it would be a brief meeting as you flash past one another at a combined speed of > 100 kph.
In multiplayer you could create companies where everyone can join :P
n4gix

#238 Post by n4gix » 15 May 2013 22:23

MartinoPio wrote:In multiplayer you could create companies where everyone can join :P
This bowl of pasta has already been chewed, digested, and excreted...

I've been using flightsimulator for nearly twenty years, which has excellent multi-player support. I've never used it once. Too many cooks will ruin the pasta primevera!
Fr. Bill
Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Max Modeling for Eaglesoft Development Group & Military Visualizations
It is not wise to contest forum moderators; they have more ways to admonish than you have of evading, (Shin'a'in Proverb) :)
MartinoPio

#239 Post by MartinoPio » 16 May 2013 13:02

However, those of SCS Software can ingenuity with new innovations. I think the multiplayer (as I have already repeated), it is feasible and there is no reason not to.
FirstFlyte

#240 Post by FirstFlyte » 16 May 2013 14:57

Wondering if any IRL truckers care to comment on whether trucking is primarily a 'lonely existence'? I would expect that other than the casual CB radio conversation and by-chance meet-ups with old acquaintances at truck-stops for a quick dinner and a coffee, the trucker IRL travels the countryside pretty much alone.

Would love to hear what it's really like.

Cheers,

FirstFlyte

Return to “General discussion about the game”