We want multiplayer for Euro Truck Simulator 2

hippo

Re: We want multiplayer for Euro Truck Simulator 2

#251 Post by hippo » 30 May 2013 06:29

ksrele wrote:
Did I talk about this all the time?
SCS doesn't have to do anything if they don't want to, they can just simply give someone authorisation and memory locations (only not whole code) and that is all.
You did indeed, but more structure is required for a successful coexistence and long term success
ksrele wrote: Sorry but I think that telemetry is for some hardware game modules (speed and RPM guages, gear number, blinkers...). This is very cool and step to full simulation.
Is this not needed in multiplayer to represent in someone elses game what your truck is doing? Speed, gear, co ordinates of where the truck is. Rpm, blinkers, wipers and lights.. And if my game connected to your game read this data, then an accurate placement of your track in my game would happen. And vica versa. If this was to a server, whose job was to gather telemerty and push that collective out to each client, then you have the basis of a working model. No memory locations etc, its all provided by the game engine and would be stable for the future.

If you have used cheat engine to fiddle with money or xp, you would see the memory locations are random. This is usual for larger code, and is an anti cheat thing. And that anti cheat thing would need addressing if you are doing any more than cruising together.

As telemetry is low priority, then all this would have to wait.
Centrino2

#252 Post by Centrino2 » 18 Jun 2013 23:16

Well, ksrele and other multiplayer fanatics, you all will get your wish! 8-) (in a different game, as of now....):
World of Trucks.
n4gix

#253 Post by n4gix » 18 Jun 2013 23:45

Centrino2 wrote:Well, ksrele and other multiplayer fanatics, you all will get your wish! 8-) (in a different game, as of now....):
World of Trucks.
What a bunch of self-absorbed, self-important, entitled and whiny tossers there are posting really silly stuff on the SCS Blog... Sheesh!
Fr. Bill
Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Max Modeling for Eaglesoft Development Group & Military Visualizations
It is not wise to contest forum moderators; they have more ways to admonish than you have of evading, (Shin'a'in Proverb) :)
Centrino2

#254 Post by Centrino2 » 18 Jun 2013 23:51

n4gix wrote:
Centrino2 wrote:Well, ksrele and other multiplayer fanatics, you all will get your wish! 8-) (in a different game, as of now....):
World of Trucks.
What a bunch of self-absorbed, self-important, entitled and whiny tossers there are posting really silly stuff on the SCS Blog... Sheesh!
Troll's man... nothing but trolls... although I did read one comment about this game just being a website, hopefully this guy is wrong because that would be disappointing. But there are some comments on there that should be in "Features wish list and suggestions".
Flemming V
Global moderator

#255 Post by Flemming V » 19 Jun 2013 13:03

I will not tell much, but I can tell you all, that we are here talking about a website. This is not a new game and it has NOTHING to do with any multiplayer game.
helo

#256 Post by helo » 19 Jun 2013 15:03

Flemming V wrote:I will not tell much, but I can tell you all, that we are here talking about a website. This is not a new game and it has NOTHING to do with any multiplayer game.
If that's the case with this one, SCS has to REALLY put more effort into their blog posts, since the WOT post seems to point this being implemented into ETS2. Not good for anyone to post website plans on the blog, and preface it with a long litany of "their continuing devotion to ETS2, and it's development" etc.
Flemming V
Global moderator

#257 Post by Flemming V » 19 Jun 2013 15:13

I am sure that when you see World of Trucks website in action, you know what they mean and will see what they mean with the words they have used.
Sometimes words does not mean what we want them to mean but something very different.
Centrino2

#258 Post by Centrino2 » 21 Jun 2013 05:00

Flemming V wrote:I will not tell much, but I can tell you all, that we are here talking about a website. This is not a new game and it has NOTHING to do with any multiplayer game.
Oh, sorry for spreading ignorance. :oops:
adam&trucks

euro truck simulator 2 multiplayer discovery

#259 Post by adam&trucks » 07 Mar 2014 01:58

i dont know if any of you have heard about it but these people here say they may have the answer to multiplayer on ets2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNf6CfGWo2I https://www.facebook.com/ets2mpofficial and there is there facebook page i did ask on youtube was it real but i got no response.it looks pretty reccent i see the streamline and the volvo fh16 new.so what is your take on it? :)
rutland trucking .co in hopes that charlotte nc will be in ats.
murdoch82

Re: euro truck simulator 2 multiplayer discovery

#260 Post by murdoch82 » 07 Mar 2014 02:08

Here on these forums people that talk MP ETS2 gets taken out back and horrible things happen to them involving chicken feathers and what ever sticky shit we can get our hands on. Just so you know. :]

Go play iRacing and come back when you have come to your senses. ;)
PC: AMD Ryzen R9 5900X, 32 Gb 3200 Mhz,MSI X570S Tomahawk WifI MAX, 6750XT 12Gb, 2x LG 27GL650B-F 144 Hz 1 x ASUS 24" 60 hz 3x1080p, G29 + H-Shifter, TrackIR5

Return to “General discussion about the game”