VR - experimental support

Max
SCS Software

Re: Oculus Rift - experimental support

#11 Post by Max » 24 Oct 2013 07:06

jeffgoldwarf wrote:FOV has nothing to do with world scale.
true, but it has much to do with how do you perceive the world scale.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
Juniordee

#12 Post by Juniordee » 24 Oct 2013 10:53

Komat wrote:A new 1.6.1.4 build fixes the "too big world" issue and also reduces blurriness of the image. If you were using the previous build, you need to reduce value of the r_manual_stereo_ui_dist_game cvar to avoid the advisor being positioned behind the driving wheel. A new r_manual_stereo_buffer_scale cvar was also added which allows to increase the size of the rendered image before the distortion is applied (and thus the quality) without need to increase the resolution.
Much better! Thanks.
flyinj

#13 Post by flyinj » 24 Oct 2013 16:57

Is there a beta patch available for those of us who bought the game directly from you guys? I bought the game day-one from the website, as well as the expansion.

I've been waiting months for this patch. Please dear god tell me that I'm not going to be excluded from this beta.
Unco

#14 Post by Unco » 24 Oct 2013 17:00

Yes, you get the beta by installing Steam and activating ETS2 using your key. Then, in your Steam library, right click on ETS2 and click Properties and go to the BETA tab:
Attachments
Beta.jpg
Beta.jpg (64.51 KiB) Viewed 15122 times
flyinj

#15 Post by flyinj » 24 Oct 2013 17:02

Unco wrote:Yes, you get the beta by installing Steam and activating ETS2 using your key. Then, in your Steam library, right click on ETS2 and click Properties and go to the BETA tab:
Oh! I didn't realize my key worked on Steam as well! Well, this is a day of amazing news... Oculus support and I have the game and expansion activated in Steam!

Thanks!
lizardion1

#16 Post by lizardion1 » 25 Oct 2013 21:58

So i have typed in -oculus and selected the beta but when i hit play and select Euro Truck Simulator 2 the window won't open, its on my hotbar but when i hit it my screen goes black for a few seconds and then im back to my desctop, still with the logo on my hotbar.
jeffgoldwarf

#17 Post by jeffgoldwarf » 26 Oct 2013 01:17

Max wrote:
jeffgoldwarf wrote:FOV has nothing to do with world scale.
true, but it has much to do with how do you perceive the world scale.
Uh, no, it doesn't.
lmimmfn

#18 Post by lmimmfn » 26 Oct 2013 01:37

Thanks so much for the Rift support, youve made one of my favourite games in the past 6 years even more awesome.

Keep up the great work( i just bought the DLC moreso as support :) )
ziphnor

#19 Post by ziphnor » 26 Oct 2013 09:59

Very happy to hear that ETS 2 Rift support is available, this is actually the reason i bought the game in the first place :)

I just tried it out and i have a few problems preventing me from playing. The headtracking is *very* far from 1:1, if i turn my head slightly to the right, i end up looking 90 degress to the right. It is very similar to what you would expect when using TrackIr. Is this expected behavior in the beta or is there some setting i need to reset ( i do have Trackir installed, but not running)?

I also seem to have a *lot* of drift. I looked enough to the left that it seemed like me head was out the window, and when turning back, my real world front facing direction was completely out of sync with the virtual front-facing direction.

This is all running the game without the -oculus launch option. If i do specify that option i get the view generated 4 times instead of the expected 2 ("quad-scopy" for aliens with 4 eyes?). I guess it is specified by default now?
drifter

#20 Post by drifter » 26 Oct 2013 10:48

Hey, new virtual trucker here :)

Great job so far ! The virtual IPD looks good now.
I knew the game was initially quite demanding, I'm happy to see it maxed and running well (60+ fps min) in the Rift without the need of a SLI or a crossfire (but with the need of a GTX 680 though, a 670 may be a bit short).
Though a micro-freeze (not pleasant in the Rift !) may occur from time to time. I guess it's when data-streaming ? My game dir is on a HDD, maybe I should move it on a SSD ?

Also, strangely I have some yaw drift from time to time, though the magnetic calibration is done (with the 0.2.5 tool) and the firmware updated, did I miss something ?

I hope a maximum of rifters (who are already tens of thousand out there) will support your actual work (good luck with the interface !). After all ETS2 is one of the first (or the first ?) true simulation of any kind to support the Rift. And a very good one, on top of that !

Return to “General discussion about the game”